⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
tuchel masterclass. the way they pressed the back line and the center of the pitch was absolutely brilliant.
zizzou got it all wrong today. don't usually see that.
havertz was a beast too could've had a hatrick.
hazard disasterclass
i said this in the beginning of the szn. madrid are better and have been better when he doesn't play.
Yea not sure why he stuck with him for the full 90 outside of romanticism :lol:

Hardly offered anything at all which has been the case more often than not after his 160m move...

Ramos also looked a bit old out there with Blues forwards flying passed him with ease but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt coming back from injury.

Back to back CL finals for Tuchel is impressive AF, hope for his sake it won't be B2B L's though

This is really gonna help Hazard’s endearment to the RM fans -_-

Attachments

• 4296BAE9-1571-4D9F-89D7-2344624414F4.jpeg
    4296BAE9-1571-4D9F-89D7-2344624414F4.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 23
I think that this goes down as Zidane’s worst managerial performance. Maybe he’s had worse against small clubs, but this is one that I know I won’t be forgetting anytime soon.

It’s one thing to get your lineup and formation wrong, but another to not adjust things at half. We were watching Chelsea create chances off of 2-3 passes on counters. Meanwhile Real had to work their asses off to barely get a sniff at goal. That doesn’t go down to the players, imo it speaks volumes about the setup.

In attack the team felt so disconnected from one another. Then on defense it felt like there were massive gaps because of how wide our CBs were playing. Leaving us vulnerable to counter after counter.

Gg Chelsea, clearly the superior team and better managed over the course of both legs.

Ngl I’m salty. Not because of the fact we lost, but the manner in which we went out.

Odriozola should have started in order to give some support in attack. Should have been a back 4. Hazard can’t play as a winger against this level of competition otherwise he looks like the Isco of wingers.

Another thing to add is that I gave credit to Zidane when in the first leg against Liverpool people expected the back 3 (5), he rolled out an offensive lineup and had the boys playing with belief. This time he got it completely wrong. Nothing synchronized on either end. 2-0 was a generous scoreline for us. We’ve seen now bad RM are without Zidane because he’s a good manager. This was a huge letdown though.

I think that this goes down as Zidane’s worst managerial performance. Maybe he’s had worse against small clubs, but this is one that I know I won’t be forgetting anytime soon.

It’s one thing to get your lineup and formation wrong, but another to not adjust things at half. We were watching Chelsea create chances off of 2-3 passes on counters. Meanwhile Real had to work their asses off to barely get a sniff at goal. That doesn’t go down to the players, imo it speaks volumes about the setup.

In attack the team felt so disconnected from one another. Then on defense it felt like there were massive gaps because of how wide our CBs were playing. Leaving us vulnerable to counter after counter.

Gg Chelsea, clearly the superior team and better managed over the course of both legs.

Ngl I’m salty. Not because of the fact we lost, but the manner in which we went out.

Odriozola should have started in order to give some support in attack. Should have been a back 4. Hazard can’t play as a winger against this level of competition otherwise he looks like the Isco of wingers.
odriozola is buns to me
i would've put valverde in the wing back role from the beginning if he was going to stick to that 3 cb formation.

odriozola is buns to me
i would've put valverde in the wing back role from the beginning if he was going to stick to that 3 cb formation.

Odriozola has actually been decent after getting a run of matches and a little comfort/confidence. He’s third string there so he’s obviously not great but he could have provided something in attack to keep Chelsea a little more honest.

We basically had 4 defenders that couldn’t support the attack today (the 3 CBs and Mendy.) It’s hard to believe this squad got out there determined and inspired to try winning this. They looked so flat and that formation/lineup just reeked of being scared.

Vini at RWB was pathetic (not his fault though.) The point of a fullback making a run is to support, overlap, and overload. But every single time he was just out there by himself.

Watching Chiringuito and theyre making some solid points to me for us going forward;
This should DEFINITELY be the end of Hazard at Madrid.
Ramos has lost any leverage he had on a 2yr extension
Nacho, Militao and Alaba should be the only sure fire CBs going forward for us.
We thank the Midfield trio for their services but Odegaard and Valverde need their time to shine as starters, and Benzema needs help.

they also alluded to Rodrygo maybe needing a change of pace, but as a young player, I feel we have the tools to help him develop further.

Nobody would pay for Hazard and he still would presumably want to stay in Madrid. He could still help give us depth for La Liga, but certainly isn’t going to take us anywhere in the CL. But the club clearly know that which is why it isn’t a secret they want Mbappe.

I also agree that Ramos has no leverage. It’s questionable that Zidane started him today after the other guys were playing well together and had developed chemistry.

Nobody would pay for Hazard and he still would presumably want to stay in Madrid. He could still help give us depth for La Liga, but certainly isn’t going to take us anywhere in the CL. But the club clearly know that which is why it isn’t a secret they want Mbappe.

I also agree that Ramos has no leverage. It’s questionable that Zidane started him today after the other guys were playing well together and had developed chemistry.

if Ramos is fit, Ramos plays. That’s an undisputed reality.

Timo Werner took down Florentino Perez!!!!!! :wow: :wow:

What a GOD DAMN legend!!!!!! 🔥 🔥

I apologize for everything Timo!!!

(sorry I’m late, couldn’t watch so I had to avoid this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom