⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low key this ain’t the first time this happened in the sport. The formation of the premier league was very similar circumstances and reasoning. Now some of the same English clubs involved then wanna do it again but even bigger with clubs from other countries now wanting to do it too

The more I think about it, it's definitely going to happen, the live rights for it will be to good for it not to happen

I feel the worst about this for domestic fans. These clubs would be nothing without them first and foremost and they about to be pushed aside for international tv deals. What about away fans? It’s one thing to plan an away trip on a European night once in a while. Now that could be every weekend? Come on man

The more I think about it, it's definitely going to happen, the live rights for it will be to good for it not to happen
European games weekly are gonna kill some squads over a season unless squad sizes are restructured along with the sub rules like you mentioned before.

It definitely feels more inevitable over time now with money already being set aside for and active negotiations taking place than a few years back when it was still in the theoretical/planning stage.

Could also be a leverage play or bluff for the biggest clubs with UEFA given that apparently negotiations are ongoing regarding the future of the comp in terms of potential restructuring/expansion come 2024. It could also impact the next TV rights deal

UEFA is not going to sit back and let FIFA and its biggest clubs neuter the Champions League.
They're not, which is why we saw this yesterday

Seems like the biggest clubs are gonna try to use the potential of a breakaway league to squeeze every concession they possibly can in future negotiations with UEFA

What do y’all think about the games today

might be on psg but I feel like it could be a trap and Man U could pull out a point. Idk though. Man U guys in here, have they been that trash? Expecting an L?

What do y’all think about the games today

might be on psg but I feel like it could be a trap and Man U could pull out a point. Idk though. Man U guys in here, have they been that trash? Expecting an L?
Not expecting much tbh :lol:

Not gonna have Greenwood, Cavani or Maguire and P$G are pretty healthy so kind of expecting the worst :smh:

Crazier things have happened though, like the last United played in Paris, and they usually turn up against good squads under Ole but I'd be happy with a point :lol:

The other games would be safer bets though imo

is cavani playing yet?
He's in training this week but he hasn't played in like 9 months so he didn't travel. Looking like Ole's setting him up to make his debut against Chelsea this weekend when Tone will still be suspended.

Telles might make his debut though since he's in the squad today

all time CL standings

1603211654223.png

If there is a Super NFL like Footy League that will remove top clubs from their Country’s competition, and remove the Champions League (The BEST competition on the planet).....

I might be done. No joke.

I don’t even care if Porto are top 10 and may play in the “Super League”.

Dest making his first start in the UCL for Barca 🔥
Trincao makes his first start for Barca 🔥🔥🔥

Looking like a back 3 today

Glad to see Axel and Telles get the start but not exactly happy to see the same MF that struggled in the first half against Newcastle starting against the UCL finalists...

Maybe Ole's aiming for that 2019 Paris magic that got him the job :lol:, was much of the same MF minus Bruno

No idea what VDB needs to do to get a start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom