⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree in general. However, i do still have it on good authority if we bid €85m we would get Kieta. Our bid was £66m. not enough.

armed with the Coutinho money that deal still gets done.

With Coutinho money we could get all three players

We conceded two penalties because of VAR.

I'm sure GiGi would have a change of heart when a call comes Juve's way.

DIRJ5MUXgAIJKD8.jpg

The best way to describe being a Liverpool fan, is that it's like being a member of something like The Stonecutters in The Simpsons. A big, fantastic, marvellous club. the football is phenomenal. in this club everyone is happy, grinning, arrogant, beer spilled all down our shirts... laughing & joking. being in this club automatically makes you better than everyone else. everyone competes to outdo eachother to be the most smug, self righteous fan & goads the rival fans. after each success everyone backslaps eachother and cheers hooray!! it's just unbelievably brilliant. I honestly can't adequately describe how good it is. it's the best thing you can possibly imagine.

As chicken stated, Renato wouldn't be a Coutinho replacement. He'd just be here for squad depth. He would have to earn his way and Demonstrate that he's capable of being our number 10. I think we should look to both Sanchez and Draxler. I like Keita, but Leizpeg is being Stubborn in terms of the transfer for the player.

Benz and Bale were trash today. Especially Benz. Wish dude can just have one season where he lights up the league. But it seems his greatest asset is in playing a support role to CR7 in the European nights.

Hope Zizou is open-minded to the idea of benching him for Asensio when Ronnie returns.

Benz and Bale were trash today. Especially Benz. Wish dude can just have one season where he lights up the league. But it seems his greatest asset is in playing a support role to CR7 in the European nights.

Hope Zizou is open-minded to the idea of benching him for Asensio when Ronnie returns.
Let's be honest though, Benz never been great....I knew he would miss those chances lol

I'm more disappointed with Bale, he has dropped off in quality.

Incredibly annoying that we'd still have a 100% record too if not for that 93rd minute offside goal at Watford on the 1st day. such cheating referees. got to make those 2 stolen points up somewhere during the course of the season.

Let's be honest though, Benz never been great....I knew he would miss those chances lol

I'm more disappointed with Bale, he has dropped off in quality.

I've never been a big fan of Benz's, but something has gotta give when you look at his stats in the CL. He's up there in both goals and assists.

I never remember him being great in the league though. His physicality, positioning, and hold up play seem to be bigger assets in the CL than La Liga.

It'll be really strange if BBC becomes CIA with Cristiano Isco and Asensio. Up until the last season BBC had been a fixture in RM for years. Bale has likely already been displaced, and it's very hard to argue Benzema is better than Asensio.

I've never been a big fan of Benz's, but something has gotta give when you look at his stats in the CL. He's up there in both goals and assists.

I never remember him being great in the league though. His physicality, positioning, and hold up play seem to be bigger assets in the CL than La Liga.
I feel like he's more focused in the CL also.
Benz is still a very good striker....but he's just not great. He cannot carry a squad.

I feel like he's more focused in the CL also.
Benz is still a very good striker....but he's just not great. He cannot carry a squad.
he didn't have to carry anybody today nor does he have to most of the time, Benz had great service all day, Asensio the fullbacks & the midfield did most of the dirty work today, when you're not scoring cause you're helping set up Ronaldo that okay, but when you're given chances, a lot of easy chances and you do nothing with them for multiple seasons, your position in the starting 11 should be in doubt.

he didn't have to carry anybody today nor does he have to most of the time, Benz had great service all day, Asensio the fullbacks & the midfield did most of the dirty work today, when you're not scoring cause you're helping set up Ronaldo that okay, but when you're given chances, a lot of easy chances and you do nothing with them for multiple seasons, your position in the starting 11 should be in doubt.
And this is why no one respects Benz lol
With such world class teammates, he better score 30 goals at least per season. He has only scored more than 30 goals once for Real.

Although he was pretty good at 2015-2016....he hasn't replicated that form for the league.

this is true but strikers have off days and overall 2 goals is a solid output the problem was conceding 2 goals. It was just a totally different team without ramos and varane.

this is true but strikers have off days and overall 2 goals is a solid output the problem was conceding 2 goals. It was just a totally different team without ramos and varane.
It was a fair result. Valencia has always been a competitive side against us so I wasn't really surprised it was a tie. Just frustrated at the missed chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom