⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Also, MLS talk. **** $eattle and their weak *** TIFO game. Valeri putting up a gentleman's hat trick to sink the BA $ounders :pimp:

2c5eb4ef5c8ba35a1608afd1572c29b1.png

:lol::lol::lol:

I love this dude. Had no idea he spoke Spanish. Loose translation (& plz correct me if I’m wrong), “ Messi makes me love football.” So this dude speaks French, Arabic, Italian, & now Spanish?!?!?

Big Pogba fan here. Became a bigger fan when I caught wind he went to a charity game in Colombia.

Here he is walking the old streets of Cartagena.

Pogba a humble dude. I hope good karma comes his way this WC. Mbappe also donating his FFF salary to charity.

Watching this match again... Masch, Banega, & Perez got cut thru like a hot knife thru butter. They got completely run over & couldn’t keep with with France in any way, shape, or form.

Whoever was responsible for choosing these guys for the WC roster should never be associated with football again.

Want no parts of Pavon at Camp Nou. I know a winger can only do so much without a striker to pass to but he showed very little on the pitch & generally contributed very little.

Sorry @Trey Bantz... I hope you don’t take this as a dig at you...

Last edited:
@Trey Bantz

You can stay you just have to concede Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest football player of all time
What kind of weird nonsense is this ?

Watching this match again... Masch, Banega, & Perez got cut thru like a hot knife thru butter. They got completely run over & couldn’t keep with with France in any way, shape, or form.

Whoever was responsible for choosing these guys for the WC roster should never be associated with football again.

Want no parts of Pavon at Camp Nou. I know a winger can only do so much without a striker to pass to but he showed very little on the pitch & generally contributed very little.

Sorry @Trey Bantz...
I personally think Lautaro Martínez is better

I personally think Lautaro Martínez is better
It will be interesting to see what he does at Inter in the upcoming campaign.

From outside looking in, looks like Argentina didn’t mix enough of the youth players during the early friendlies then during the qualifying cycle to get a good group of young players for the WC roster.

What’s crazy is that they continued to rely on the old vets who still had lots of trouble qualifying yet they still got picked for the WC. I just don’t get that logic but I guess the cash & kickbacks kinda explain everything in that sense...

Alright especially to the regulars here. Let’s have more respect for our thread and leave the CR7/Messi bantz behind us. It was fun while it lasted but this World Cup has been too amazing to focus on 2 players on underwhelming teams that are deservedly going back home.

Both players had an opportunity to make a legacy-defining statement this Cup. Neither did. Although I do expect CR7’s tourney will weigh more favorably when it comes to BdO voting. But that conversation is for another time.

Now let’s see if Spain plays up to their potential and grows into the tournament. And if dark horse Croatia continues to impress.

Oh yea and before we move on past this moment major respect to Uruguay. A country with half of the population of Long Island has been a historic force in football.

Not only making it out of CONMEBOL when we can’t get out of struggle CONCACAF, but consistently repping and making their country proud.

Also it’s great to see that after his many Higuain moments, Cavani has had some redemption with the sweet brace.

Last edited:
Watching back the Argentina/France game, some wonderful football

I’m not sure what to really expect from Spain. We all know well what their players are capable of on the pitch but the importance of a manager can’t be understated. I can’t help but feel it’ll come back to bite them eventually.

I’m not sure what to really expect from Spain. We all know well what their players are capable of on the pitch but the importance of a manager can’t be understated. I can’t help but feel it’ll come back to bite them eventually.
It’s funny bcs some of the dudes in here think anyone can take a bunch of talented players & win.

It’s funny bcs some of the dudes in here think anyone can take a bunch of talented players & win.

Yea it’s not a easy job at all. An average manager can have a team of great individuals play like a mediocre team. It’s why it’s hard to think of France or Belgium for example can really go all the way despite what we’ve seen from them so far.

I love this dude. Had no idea he spoke Spanish. Loose translation (& plz correct me if I’m wrong), “ Messi makes me love football.” So this dude speaks French, Arabic, Italian, & now Spanish?!?!?

Worldwide Pogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom