⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe England overcame the two chokes of first conceding a goal in extra time and then missing the penalty first in the shootout. Congratulations to them.

There is something upside down about this WC. The European contenders like France and Belgium are scoring a bunch of goals while at the same time allowing a lot of goals to be scored against them, while the South American contenders like Brazil and Uruguay are scoring fewer goals, but seem to be better organized defensively. And teams that don't allow themselves to be scored on are always the safer bet. So I'm going with either Brazil or Uruguay to go all the way. Neymar's health is still a question mark though.

tenor.gif

I also think that South America are due to win. Between 1962 and 2002, the WC winners have always switched between South America and Europe. And then Europe won three times in a row in 06, 10 and 14. A 4th one in a row is unlikely.

Read Cavani is gonna be out on Friday. Too bad cause he was on a streak.

Tough loss against England yesterday but I’m eager to see what we’ll do next year in the Copa America. I’m glad Arsenal Ospina didn’t go to Russia

Last edited:

Need France to make the most of this opportunity...

Didn't Pep say he wanted the Brasil job eventually? Don't see how the ****show known as the AFA would appeal him...

*Denying this

The way P$G dealt with Barca last summer has Florentino shook :rofl:

Going out of his way to deny all rumors to stay in their good graces :lol:. Makes sense though given that they have 2 of their dream targets...

Last edited:
That disgusting scouse troll was back?

Yeah, made some disgusting posts about Colombians before getting sniped.

England can probably get away with a performance like that against Sweden but after that they’re going to need to step it up. Only two goals from open play this tournament. Kane likes/has too drop deep leaving Sterling as the only striker. Doubt Southgate does it but dropping Sterling or moving him to midfield probably improves them going forward. Dele has always looked better as a forward anyway might as well stick him up front with Kane.

Good riddance to that clown

England def need to step it up,they looked flat for most of the match yesterday and only really came alive during the 2nd half of ET. I'd def have RLC starting to add some stability in MF. Raheem would get dropped too but like you mentioned,can't see Southgate doing it. His subs were also questionable yesterday...

In random,Bayern related silly news

Lol @ that reasoning from Bartomeu

Dele doesn't seem a 100% fit like others pointed out so I think it would be good to drop him for now and move Sterling to Dele's spot and start Rashford up top with Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom