⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James lucky he ain't get megged.

I can understand Manchester fans calling dude a snake, but I don't understand why Madrid fans on reddit are going at dude.

Outside of the fact that he was practically begging to get back at
Madrid a little while ago and now he wants to go to Barca, dude didn't do anything to sour the relationship with him and the club.

:lol: Verratti suspended for the second leg vs Sweden... Like I said before, he hasn't refined his game at all. Still plays like a bull in a china shop. I hope his name doesn't come back up in Barca transfer rumors again.

At this point, Carlo is a stubbornly pragmatic coach. He'd be a terrible hire for any big club. He's at an age where he thinks what he's done in the past will work wherever he goes instead of adapting his tactics. Worse he keeps playing terrible lines ups over & over. He's become the antithesis of the Garry Kasparov quote I posted a while back about not adapting/changing methods with success.

Bruh, someone needs to get Carlo before its too late

That's a shame about cardona. Glad Colombia got worked.

2 for 1 right here. James fakes a great injury and Edwin cardona makes the "slant eye" gesture at :49

Throw back pic for NorthOak....

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 10.20.50 PM.png

Last edited:
At this point, Carlo is a stubbornly pragmatic coach. He'd be a terrible hire for any big club. He's at an age where he thinks what he's done in the past will work wherever he goes instead of adapting his tactics. Worse he keeps playing terrible lines ups over & over. He's become the antithesis of the Garry Kasparov quote I posted a while back about not adapting/changing methods with success.

I hear you but...

nintchdbpict000352484102-e1505251277735.jpg

david-moyes-3.jpg

And last but certainly not least...

wenger.jpg

Are still our here managing with their old, stubborn, tired tactics. One seems to not have any tactics at all..

Include Carlo in that list, and at least there's 2 who are still capable of winning a trophy. If I were a club, I'd consider it. If anything, so I could lift a trophy or 2 in the near future.

2 wrongs don't make a right, but **** it. YOLO

I highly dislike Xavi

The wrong drugs are bad for your soul.

i edited it and posted the video...apparently he's crying cause of all the media pressure...

BAN

He knows he should have stayed, waited a couple years, and embraced his opportunity to be the best individual in the world for a historic club.

2 for 1 right here. James fakes a great injury and Edwin cardona makes the "slant eye" gesture at :49

I feel like Latin American culture needs to be called out more for its racism.

Hiding from it's systematic presence in your society, do you I guess, that's a long dark, twisted, episode that I don't want to get into.

Blatant racism shouldn't be socially acceptable or perceived as a small slight though. That **** needs to change.

I have a strong dislike for most Barcelona players :lol:

I could acknowledge the man is an all-time great....but I rather not :lol:

I've grown up around a lot of Latino/Hispanic people, so much so that my nickname was Chinito... :stoneface: :lol: I was too young at the time to realize it was racist. I also grew up around Jamaicans who called all Asian people Mr. Chin. Apparently there is a sizable Chinese population that's been in Jamaica for generations & they're referred to as that. Did you know Sean Paul's grandmother is half Chinese? I don't think those names come from a place of hate, but it was definitely ignorant.

I've found a lot of cultures that are very homogenous (particularly Hispanic/Latinos) are completely unaware of other cultures & social norms. Their racism comes from being truly ignorant.

It's crazy, the Korean teams have experienced a couple of different racist incidents this year. The last one I remember was during the U20 WC earlier this year, an Uruguayan playing made the same gesture after scoring a goal on the Koreans.

I highly doubt fifa will take the appropriate action against cardona...

:lol: I think Colombia's next game is in China...

In lighter news... Steph Curry with a goalazo in practice this week...

It's amazing to see these FAs like Brazil's, FFF, Argentina's, Mexico's, Italy's, & even the US eff up their teams like they constantly do. They can't get out of their own way to let their teams succeed.

great article on dembele's journey from some tough neighborhoods in france to barca. my dude is certified :smokin
They were difficult days on the streets of Madeleine, the same streets where Ousmane Dembélé began kicking a ball. His mother, Fatimata, of Mauritanian blood, had settled in the area with Barça’s new player and his siblings: another boy and two girls. "Growing up in a neighbourhood like that, it’s hard. You need character and it forces you to win respect," Mikael Silvestre confirmed to L'Équipe, the former player influential in taking Dembélé to Rennes.
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/news/2017-2018/ousmane-dembele-origins-madeleine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom