⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too early for that

Typed that quickly on my phone and I have spell check off :lol:,corrections have been made...

Regarding Pogbas comments,after seeing the interview I dont think he meant to come across as wishing for an injury just like that. Dude was comparing all the injuries his own squad has gone through,including his own, with Citehs great fitness level so far saying that the only way he see's them slipping up is if they go through the injury bug. English isn't his main language so it probably didnt come out the way he meant it to be. The reason I doubt it was malicious is that in the same interview he was wishing Laca well and hoping hed be fit for the game coming up

I agree with you. I don't think Pogba truly mean that we wants the Citeh players to be injured, but more comparing that United have had some pretty significant injuries to start the season. But I get where the "outrage" comes from, when you read his comments.

But it’s not like City haven’t had injuries to so even if he didn’t mean it in a malicious way (still a bad and dumb thing to say regardless for a professional) his comment is still inaccurate. We just lost Stones to a hamstring Mendy our only true left back has been out long term and will he for months and on top of that Kompany only just now came back previously missing plenty of matches. So it’s not like United are the only ones to be unlucky with injuries. We’ve just been able to cope with our injuries better so far

Sup wit y’all mans Pogba?

I expect fans to say something like this but I’d imagine proffesional players would have some better perspective then to say that towards fellow pros. Let alone out loud in an interview.

He’s in the wrong for it no doubt. I’d like to think he didn’t quite mean it like it came out but I really don’t know.

Time for the NT Derby :nthat:

Last edited:
I'm not saying the comments were smart,just seeing where hes coming from since hes never really shown to be a scumbag with his personality.

Citeh have gone through injuries sure but none of the guys mentioned apart from Kompany are really irreplaceable for you guys. Thats a credit to Pep and the good job hes done of recruiting and buying in areas of need so that his team isn't as effected when injuries come around.

Again the comments weren't the most thoughtful but I def dont think he's intentionally wishing injuries on anyone

I would very much argue Mendy and Stones are irreplaceable to the current side right now. The defense has looked much shaker with him out even with Kompany back in, Kompany has played like he’s unsure of himself hopefully his confidence comes back. And Delph has been playing very good in his new role but the team has had to play completely differently to how we played with him mask some things with Mendy out. Guys are doing a good job stepping up but their presents in the squad is still missed especially stones right now

Armada Armada Mendy played what,4 games in the league for you guys so far? Dude is good but he's not an irreparable part of the squad just yet,you guys have a real solid shape defensively this season and the smothering attack makes it tough to penetrate regardless of personnel

Stones was having a good season agreed but Otamendi has steppedup in his absence

Armada Armada Mendy played what,4 games in the league for you guys so far? Dude is good but he's not an irreparable part of the squad just yet,you guys have a real solid shape defensively this season and the smothering attack makes it tough to penetrate regardless of personnel

Stones was having a good season agreed but Otamendi has steppedup in his absence

I would still argue Mendy is irrepalcable just judging off of what pep likes to to tactically. With Mendy we can play wit two up top which is when I still think is us at our true best but we haven’t been able to play that way since he’s been out. And yea Otamendi has stepped up in his absence and the season in general but Stones has been the rock of the backline and we’ve locked shaky now mostly trough Kompany which is sad to say tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom