⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like that we dropped two points but
I did like the reintegration of James, thought our play fell off after he came off.
Not a fan of Vini on the right side, he should have replaced Bale on left instead.
Our RB situation isn't good Carvajal can't attack, Odriozola can't defend.

I want to know the managerial decision of Frank taking out Pedro for Barkley because it was definitely the better one.

Pedro picked up a hamstring injury right before the match began. He was named the starter and then Lampard chose Barkley to replace him.

I thought memes were blowing up how often T-Boat got megged. Its a weekly occurrence at this point.

Porto looked so much better today. Was expecting them to drop points. I don’t even know how they got knocked out of champions league.

Well yes, of course. I agree. That’s how a lot of us Portuguese teams make a good living. We acquire loads of talent and then sell it for 4 times more :lol:

But that’s a part of my argument. If Bruno is sold for €70 million (biggest transfer ever in the Portugal, excluding Felix which was a buyout), then the price of all Portuguese Liga stars/prospects go uppppp. And since the Portuguese League is always such an attractive place to buy talent, since it’s so poachable; big clubs don’t want to see the premium go up for the rest of the League’s talent. You know what I mean?

It establishes a precedent that makes the Portuguese league’s prices go up.

I'm a lil late. My bad. That kind of defeats the purpose if Portuguese clubs are getting full value on their players doesn't it? If clubs like Porto and Benfica have made almost 2 Billion over a decade, are they really getting fleeced? It wasn't that long ago that the perception was that Portugal gets more money out of their talents than other leagues like Ligue 1.

Paying the release clause for Jao Felix is still a transfer lol The transfer market is insane now but Portugal been getting full value for awhile now. Ligue 1 on the other hand is different.

I walked last night, hit the gym and ending up knocking out. Miss the Arsenal match. I know we took the L but how did we look? The staring XI caught me off guard. I heard Ceballos didn't play well.

I walked last night, hit the gym and ending up knocking out. Miss the Arsenal match. I know we took the L but how did we look? The staring XI caught me off guard. I heard Ceballos didn't play well.

I thought when judging offsides you’re not suppose to take into account arms or upper body?

I’m a VAR fan but the offsides rule when it comes to VAR has been sketchy. I understand people criticizing it from that point of view.

When VAR was checking the Neves goal the other day for offsides, I didn’t get it.

The one dude that’s stepped up since CR7’s departure. It’s a shame he’s gotten minimal help up front other than when Vini first broke out under Solari (before he overplayed him into injury)

poor. scoreline reflected the match well. we scored late when pool took sorta relaxed

upload_2019-8-24_20-20-58.jpeg

Lucas is a monster! Such a great buy. Amazing how adding a world class defender changes everything.

Coutinho came on for the final 30 or so and looked great as well. Really excited to see him playing a full 90 with the squad. King Lewy was ballin per usual today too :smokin

Last edited:
Seriously how bad have De Gea and Courtois been? The last year we’ve seen these two dudes fall off completely. Neuer too, he’s been running on two years plus

GK’s sure are weird...l

It’s not even a debate anymore, Allison best keeper on the planet.

Seriously how bad have De Gea and Courtois been? The last year we’ve seen these two dudes fall off completely. Neuer too, he’s been running on two years plus

GK’s sure are weird...l

It’s not even a debate anymore, Allison best keeper on the planet.

Yeah they fell off a cliff fast like pitchers do in baseball. Nubel has next up. He's most likely gonna move to Bayern next summer as well

Keylor is still that dude. I can’t be mad at him for wanting to leave when he knows he’s better than Courtois.

Fwiw though I can’t blame him for the L considering we only scored 1 against Valladolid at home. This is the type of match in the peak days RM would score 4 or 5 with CR7 and it would just be business as usual with nobody really caring.

I know we’re in for Neymar but I don’t care to play another LW on the right like we’re doing to Vini. We already got Hazard, put in a real offer for Pogba.

Damn de ligt didn’t even crack the starting squad for juve
Hate to see it
That’s an expensive af 3rd choice cb. Unfortunately I expect this trend to continue

Just watched the replay of the Chelsea game, glad to see Abraham getting the brace. The defensive mistakes are very concerning though

I thought when judging offsides you’re not suppose to take into account arms or upper body?

I’m a VAR fan but the offsides rule when it comes to VAR has been sketchy. I understand people criticizing it from that point of view.

When VAR was checking the Neves goal the other day for offsides, I didn’t get it.

I agree but I think they are judging the line not by his arm but buy his shoulder in relation to the defenders knee cause those are the two furthers extended body parts that are allowed to play the ball. I think it’s very anal but it is what it is for now.

I thought i was a VAR fan...but the way it has been applied so far is trash. There is still (to me at least) a spirit of the game. That Ronaldo Goal is a goal....dude had to cut back and beat a defender with a step over before he scored...he didn't gain an advantage by having a portion of his shoulder in front of the defender.

Same with the Jesus goal last week. Laport and the defender had no clue what was going on the ball flew through the box and clipped an arm. Like it wasn't gaining an known advantage.

Then yesterday with the no PK calls for Man U. Like why do you nitpick an offside but not a PK? If there is contact on a player in the box...oh i guess not because now its...not enough contact? But there is not...not enough offside :lol:

idk...anyway here to hope city run through bournmouth

Damn de ligt didn’t even crack the starting squad for juve
Hate to see it
That’s an expensive af 3rd choice cb. Unfortunately I expect this trend to continue

Wow. I didn’t watch the match because I busy, I just assumed he started.

That’s wild that they bring him in, for big money, just to start bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom