⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Xhaka is buns what I’m with with Robbie on this. Put yourself in Xhaka shoes, you’d be tight too.

Xhaka is still a human being at the end of the day. A captain shouldn't give a reaction like that and he should be demoted for that at the very least but I think it's an understandable reaction given the way he has been treated. If he's bad then he's bad, it is what it is. Blame the manager for continuing to play him so much.

Xhaka is still a human being at the end of the day. A captain shouldn't give a reaction like that and he should be demoted for that at the very least but I think it's an understandable reaction given the way he has been treated. If he's bad then he's bad, it is what it is. Blame the manager for continuing to play him so much.
I don’t agree with this. To me it’s unimagineable not understandable. That’s literally the last thing you would expect the “leader” of your side to do. I think it would be less shocking if it wasn’t the captain. Gotta keep you head and a level of professionalism at all times and even more so as Cap. Remember when Eboue got booed off.
He just walked away, came back and played better.

He buried himself with this one. How do you even play him after this? He’s going to get booed everytime he touches the ball.
Bench him until January then send him to whatever team will take him. (West Ham)

Last edited:
I don’t agree with this. To me it’s unimagineable not understandable. That’s literally the last thing you would expect the “leader” of your side to do.
How do you even play him after this? He’s going to get booed everytime he touches the ball.
Bench him until January then send him to whatever team will take him. (West Ham)
I agree that it is 100% unacceptable for any captain to act that way, but I think the mental impact of continually facing that degree of criticism, booing, hate, ... is often understated. He snapped. I can understand how those circumstances might cause someone to snap at some point, and Xhaka is known to often act rash and impulsively.

It doesn't change that Xhaka was clearly in the wrong. Best solution would probably be to give him the Ozil treatment and ship him off in January.

Last edited:
Who was in here defending xhaka’s trash self the other day?

In no scenario is he a good footballer
The DM position is one of the most difficult positions and usually fields some of the most intelligent footballers. There’s a reason why pivots usually peak around the age of 30 cause it takes maturity to understand that position.

xhaka is literally one of the dumbest footballers I’ve ever seen. Bad decision after bad decision.

Couldn’t have said it better myself..... completely agree.

Xhaka wasn’t the reason Arsenal sucked yesterday, he wasn’t the reason why Arsenal gave up two goals.

Xhaka isn’t a great player and he’s made 100 mistakes throughout his 4 years at Arsena BUT yesterday wasn’t the day to mock him with sarcastic cheering that eventually led to jeering and booing due to his reaction.

Felt like Arsenal fans were unfairly treating him as the scapegoat which was NOT warranted yesterday. That being said - Xhaka shouldn’t be the captain, Xhaka shouldn’t even be on Arsenal (he’s not good enough). That’s the managers fault, not his. Y’all aren’t being rational here...

Also Emery has to go before Arsenal start losing some serious points. He has to go NOW. Arsenal have enough talent to be top 4. Emery has lost the players, clueless system, and now he’s lot the fans.

Get a caretaker manager or manager to takeover. They NEED to finish top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom