⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alot of madristas out hooping today :lol:

Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles at the gym getting those shots up.....

Ignoring all the RM headlines.....

1582773416389.gif

I understand its for TV Ratings but I dont see the reasoning for Roncero’s tears. Yes, we lost, but we still have another 90 minutes to play at the Etihad.

will it be easy? No, but if all the players are on their game winning 0-2 or 1-3 is not impossible.

hell of a game we’ve got coming.

I understand its for TV Ratings but I dont see the reasoning for Roncero’s tears. Yes, we lost, but we still have another 90 minutes to play at the Etihad.

will it be easy? No, but if all the players are on their game winning 0-2 or 1-3 is not impossible.

hell of a game we’ve got coming.

I think he’s sad because it’s an end of era. This all goes back to Ronaldo leaving, he loved that man.

It’s for ratings maybe, but he’s genuinely sad. He has been for a while with this RM team. No sports reporter can cry on command like that, not even the best actors can :lol:

Even tho Roncero is great guy who has a lot more class than Soria - he shouldn’t be out here crying in front of millions of people :lol:

What is the point of el chiringuito?? Isn’t it basically arsenalfantv but with actual journalists?? It must all be an act right? The trolling by both sides between Roncero and soria. And the constant slurping of ronaldo from edu trying to get into the inner circle and replace Ricky?
And I need this tshirt. Lolol.
A3CC23A1-0B2C-4A32-AB7C-8A88B01C8546.jpeg

What is the point of el chiringuito?? Isn’t it basically arsenalfantv but with actual journalists?? It must all be an act right? The trolling by both sides between Roncero and soria. And the constant slurping of ronaldo from edu trying to get into the inner circle and replace Ricky?
And I need this tshirt. Lolol.
A3CC23A1-0B2C-4A32-AB7C-8A88B01C8546.jpeg
:lol:

Half of them are pundits/former players. The other half are actually legitimate journalists. Like real journalists who have a lot of connections and break tons of news.

So you can’t just be like “this is all a gimmick” when half these dudes are connected. Really, really connected.

The Show is 3 hours long, most of the time they talk about real ****. But they need some levity sometimes or else it’d get boring.

Edu really is in CR7’s circle tho, he broke the news of Ronaldo wanting to leave 7 months prior to when he left. He’s also in a circle of a lot of RM players.

No matter how gimmicky you may think it is, they have so many connections, they’re so plugged in - you have to take them seriously.

oh and they’ve been doing this wayyyyy before AFTV.

Last edited:
:lol:

Half of them are pundits/former players. The other half are actually legitimate journalists. Like real journalists who have a lot of connections and break tons of news.

So you can’t just be like “this is all a gimmick” when half these dudes are connected. Really, really connected.

The Show is 3 hours long, most of the time they talk about real ****. But they need some levity sometimes or else it’d get boring.

Edu really is in CR7’s circle tho, he broke the news of Ronaldo wanting to leave 7 months prior to when he left. He’s also in a circle of a lot of RM players.

No matter how gimmicky you may think it is, they have so many connections, they’re so plugged in - you have to take them seriously.

oh and they’ve been doing this wayyyyy before AFTV.

So they're AFTV with actual clout?

Game was straight but the last few games of Real our D has not looked the same as how it looked all season. Casemiro had a terrible game.. gave the ball away so much ..it Got sooo damb annoying and almost had me not accepting the fact that he changed it around this season and become a super great cdm... benzema didnt have a good game too, was a lil quite.. once vini got his confidence back in the game he was doing well.. still woulda preferred bale coming in and playing the rw instead of lw.. jovic shoulda come in way earlier and not on desperation mode, he always find a way to get creative..mendy played well and im reallying liking his crosses in the box, we shoulda had a gol or two off of him with assist.. carvajal been questionable to me dating back to last season and first thought i had was getting hakimi back after todays performance..... valverde plays way better on the right side which having modric playing there and him on left had me questioning wth happened to kroos starting position.. last 3 games zidane had been messing around with the line up soo im real interested to see what he brings up for el clasico. Especially because last few games that he been messing with line up we been not getting dubs.

Yeah gonna have to agree with armada. I am bias, i am a city fan and an RM fan. But i did not see Gabby Jesus tracking back all game to basically negate Carvajal on that flank. He also was able to keep him pushed back giving mendy a lot of time and space when they were able to break the madrid press.

It was a really fun game to watch. But if you told me City was going to start Otamendi and Laporte was going to go out in the first half...i would have assumed City would have lost. But the Sterling sub was spot on and Jesus i thought played really well (so did illkay, he was really poised on the ball all game).

But for me errors were Mahrez in the first half trying to dribble out of the box and getting picked by Vinny....then the ref calling it a foul....nah
I thought the Jesus header was the right call...no real push. But if you don't call that then you can't call the Ramos red card. He barely touched him i thought that was a bad call.

The PK was a 50-50 for me too. Sterling obviously dragged his feet to hit Carvajal. I see it called and not called. But i thought city had the better share of the play overall. I really enjoyed the game
Yea I gotta be fair I was dogging our starting Gundogan in this match but it turned out fine. He didn’t get forward much and just Made sure that ball got forward and defended. No nonsense performance from credit where it’s due turned out to be fine to start him

Pretty cool idea,would inagine Henry's gonna be one of the 2. Maybe Shearer or Giggs for the other

Would say Fergie automatically usually but they haven't said anything about managers being honored yet

Vini Wilder :lol:

He's not lying...

Last edited:
Vinny vs Kyle Walker was a ton of fun to watch. They both were going at each other all game.
I think the second leg will be interesting. I can see anything happening really. But it honestly seems like RM need Bale to be Bale. With how high up the City backs play if Gareth was playing like himself he could wreak havoc off the wing living behind the defense. And no one in the world plays that long ball better then Kroos if he plays in the second leg.

Vinny vs Kyle Walker was a ton of fun to watch. They both were going at each other all game.
I think the second leg will be interesting. I can see anything happening really. But it honestly seems like RM need Bale to be Bale. With how high up the City backs play if Gareth was playing like himself he could wreak havoc off the wing living behind the defense. And no one in the world plays that long ball better then Kroos if he plays in the second leg.

the second leg gonna look like a very different match than this one for a couple reasons. This match was very cagey (mostly in the first half) pep set up the side very pragmatic and to defend from the front which makes sense away in Madrid but I doubt he’d do the same at home especially because by that time sterling will be 100% fit enough to start. That and Real will be gunning to score to at least match those away goals so i suspect it’ll be an even more open game from the start. Which will be a plus and concern for both teams now considering who will be missing in defense. Ramos red suspended and Laporte likely out depending on What the injury is, so that’s two important centerbacks out as well as both mendys suspended for yellow card accumulation so that’s both starting leftbacks out too. Games gonna be open and now both squads will have concerns at the back getting caught out

Last edited:
Real look done for the season. They’re out of ideas on how to score since the Benz well went dry. We couldn’t depend on our midfield and back line to keep bagging goals for us. Last time we didn’t have Ramos for a big CL match Ajax went nuts on us. Forget about Bale he’s gotten more than enough opportunities he’s washed. Zidane sucked a lot of momentum out of this team by playing out of form players over in form ones.

I think Zidane is going to have to figure out a way to play Benz Jovic and Vinicius. And don’t ****in bench Kroos. He’s like our Xavi (even Xavi has called him his heir.) It feels like he started Modric because he didn’t think we can create goals. So he wanted the team to press City. Tbf that is how we wound up scoring, but it was only one goal. Real‘s game plan shouldn’t depend on the other team messing up.

Man with how the lineup was and the opening 30 minutes I was sure we were going to lose. A touch of magic by KDB on that cross and some luck for Ramos to not clear it.

Real Madrid outside of Vinicius and Mendy didnt look like a threat at all. Like Armada Armada mentioned I dont see the 2nd leg being anything close to yesterday's match. We are definitely going back to controlling possession and force Real Madrid to chase the match. That's when I feel City is the most dangerous, when we know we got the other team in our pocket.

Cant believe we turned the entire series over in 15-20 minutes. I was so hyped and shocked when Ramos was getting sent off. A tiny bit too harsh becaue Jesus went down so easily IMO but considering the circumstances I feel like it was justifiable. That's definitely the game changer for the 2nd leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom