⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
He couldn’t find similar wages in Europe tho?
Euro taxes on Football players is insane and the clubs that can overpay him don't really need him. With the WC coming up etc, you want to get as much playying time, plus he's on the older end of the spectrum. He's trying to get that last big bag. Man City could go after him, but the question is, will he play? PSG could splash the cash, but it's basically the same thing over there as well.

FIRMa78XEAA9YO8
Without a competitive Club to go up against Madrid, La Liga will financially collapse. The league needs Barcelona to return to prominence so they will turn a blind eye.

I finished the Bayern Amazon Prime series and it was great, more respect for the team and all that. There's a one off episode of PSG in the 19/20 campaign thats strictly only the champions league where they went to the final called This is Paris, 50 years of passion for anyone out there

Nah

Mans is holding united back just like he's been holding Portugal back. He wants teams to play around him with him being the focal point.

How he got the arm band over De Gea is funny to me considering De Gea has spent more years as a united player than him.

De Gea is a keeper and not that vocal. It would be more of a surprise if he got it over Ronaldo. Keepers and strikers aren’t ideal captains but if you’re choosing between the two gotta go with the outfield player if they are even.

Ronaldo is a poacher who is getting no service. Can blame him for being a poacher or can blame the team for not creating enough chances, either way you look at it, it’s not working.

Euro taxes on Football players is insane and the clubs that can overpay him don't really need him. With the WC coming up etc, you want to get as much playying time, plus he's on the older end of the spectrum. He's trying to get that last big bag. Man City could go after him, but the question is, will he play? PSG could splash the cash, but it's basically the same thing over there as well.

Without a competitive Club to go up against Madrid, La Liga will financially collapse. The league needs Barcelona to return to prominence so they will turn a blind eye.

La Liga aren’t the ones that enforce FFP though. They are however seeming to be enforcing their salary cap by not allowing Barca to register players. So that goes against your theory.

I agree the league would be less lucrative as a whole if Barca suck, but there’s a difference between that and a full on collapse. Especially when record tv rights were just negotiated too.

Last edited:
La Liga aren’t the ones that enforce FFP though. They are however seeming to be enforcing their salary cap by not allowing Barca to register players. So that goes against your theory.

I agree the league would be less lucrative as a whole if Barca suck, but there’s a difference between that and a full on collapse. Especially when record tv rights were just negotiated too.
La Liga basically has their own set of FFP rules. They took FFP and built on it. See my link below below for reference(Straight from their newsletter). However, it's up to them to enforce it.. In addition, it's all CAP. Barcelona faced the same issue during the summer regarding their transfers(Aguero, Depay etc), yet they were still able to register said players. It will be the same thing with Ferlan and whomever else they sign. La Liga know that Madrid Barcelona rivalry is the life blood of their league. They will let these reports go off to make it appear as if they are enforcing the rules, but at bottom line, the deal will go through.

La Liga basically has their own set of FFP rules. They took FFP and built on it. See my link below below for reference(Straight from their newsletter). However, it's up to them to enforce it.. In addition, it's all CAP. Barcelona faced the same issue during the summer regarding their transfers(Aguero, Depay etc), yet they were still able to register said players. It will be the same thing with Ferlan and whomever else they sign. La Liga know that Madrid Barcelona rivalry is the life blood of their league. They will let these reports go off to make it appear as if they are enforcing the rules, but at bottom line, the deal will go through.

Yup.

I’ve always said there is no RM without Barça and no Barça without RM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom