⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sighs, I suppose Roman has no choice but to sell the club. It totally sucks because it has to be quick instead taking his time to meet with the buyers, etc

I hope he insists on a buy-back clause

Loyalty to the badge, not one man

The club will continue with or without him

It'd be a miracle if the new ownership decides to keep the current board members. Low chance tho

Ancelotti needs to watch the Docu episode revolving around La Quinta Del Buitre, i’m out here INSPIRED to turn that game against PSG aroubd. Got me wearing my cleats w my pajamas on.

Yeah, the sale rumors definitely seem legit. Hopefully the club is sold to owners that will share a similar passion for the club as Roman. I doubt it though.

It'd be either positive or negative

Positive if Todd Boehly gets his group involved. They definitely know how to run a sport franchise. The group hire brilliant minded people to run the organization. For example, They hired Rays' general manager Andrew Friedman to become the president of the Dodgers in 2015. The history is rest. They could do the same thing with Chelsea. Hire a brilliant minded football guy to run the club. Incredible budget and amazing departments (mainly analytics and scouting). They are homegrown believers as well

Negative if Wyss doesn't let Boehly to do his thing. And they don't have high expectations for the club

they're making him sale? seems like any reasoning could be applied to new castle ownership

they're making him sale? seems like any reasoning could be applied to new castle ownership

From what I see, Russian oligarchs are targeted for their oversea money by western leaders. They will seize everything like yachts, their businesses, luxury apartments. Roman isn't on the list but he's concerned he will be targeted. Link: https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0608

For Roman, selling the club is to protect Chelsea from himself. Few days ago, he made a statement that he has always taken decisions with the club's best interest at heart

Sky News reported that Roman was keen to ensure a clean transfer to a new owner who would be a good fit for the club

From what I see, Russian oligarchs are targeted for their oversea money by western leaders. They will seize everything like yachts, their businesses, luxury apartments. Roman isn't on the list but he's concerned he will be targeted. Link: https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0608

For Roman, selling the club is to protect Chelsea from himself. Few days ago, he made a statement that he has always taken decisions with the club's best interest at heart

Sky News reported that Roman was keen to ensure a clean transfer to a new owner who would be a good fit for the club

They’re not forcing him then?

So then no, Saudi Arabia will still own Newcastle. To answer H’s question.

ah so he's just trying to get ahead of anything possibly happening.

I was just wondering cause I thought putting it in a trust would have been good enough considering a lot of the ownership in the league already.

Roman is selling because it's in the clubs best interest. He's not even trying to capitalize off the sale of the club. The 3 billion asking price is low for a club like Chelsea with such a good structure located within London. I believe it's unfair that to a degree he is being forced to sell the club simply because he's Russian and it also seems somewhat hypocritical, however, you can't take any chances given the current situation within Europe.

Classy.

Roman is selling because it's in the clubs best interest. He's not even trying to capitalize off the sale of the club. The 3 billion asking price is low for a club like Chelsea with such a good structure located within London. I believe it's unfair that to a degree he is being forced to sell the club simply because he's Russian and it also seems somewhat hypocritical, however, you can't take any chances given the current situation within Europe.

Roman’s hands are dirty. If they were clean, he’d have nothing to worry about.

Roman’s hands are dirty. If they were clean, he’d have nothing to worry about.
Also it'd be hustling backwards forcing him to sell if they're trying to punish oligarchs close to Putin like him.

Sanctions/freezing assets is one thing but giving them at least 3.6B in fresh funds is the opposite of punishment :lol:

Doesn't Roman want 3.6 billions + the 2 billions the club owes him?
The statement the club just released from Roman states that he doesn’t want any debt repaid by the club and the net proceeds from the sale will go towards helping victims in Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom