⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It doesn't look good for Celtic next week

They got out-played in the second half. Couldn't even get out of their own zone for the most part

But lol. at Warsaw for missing two penalty kicks

Everton is damn proud of the fee they paid. They put "CLUB RECORD £28M" out there so everybody could read it. :lol:

Liverpool already snagged Origi, but there's gotta be more Belgians out there that Chelsea can never play and flip for a profit.

:lol: it's some good business though. I think Barkley and Lukaku will link up nicely, and could be a fruitful partnership if Lukaku continues to develop.

Ross Barkley is the truth.

if he see's out his contract at everton and stay under roberto to develop, dude will be world class someday. hes young but he needs to improve his total playmaking game. He had 6 goals last year but 0 assists

Last edited:
Ross needs to work on his dribbling skills. It would be a shame if he turns into a Theo Walcott (Just running fast with the ball at your feet and not doing anything else)

Ross needs to work on his dribbling skills. It would be a shame if he turns into a Theo Walcott (Just running fast with the ball at your feet and not doing anything else)
Theo is more than that

:lol: The disrespect what the "shame" bitt. Theo is a striker who plays on the wing his role in the Arsenal setup is to make runs in behind and finish chances.

Nothing like what Everton or England want to do with Barkley.

Two different players with two completely different playing styles who play it completely different positions. What is homeboy talking about?

Last edited:
Fully agree.

He must be thinking of Aaron Lennon.

Neither Walcott or Lennon can cross

Blatantly false about Theo.

He's never been asked to provide much arial service but he puts a ball into the box on the ground as good as anyone.

The Walcott can only run fallacy is one that refuses to die, it's really something. Very technical player.

You see it all the time though with players with extreme physical gifts they get pigeonholed.

SIGNING: Selling FC  (Southampton FC)
Repped 
laugh.gif

Fully agree.

He must be thinking of Aaron Lennon.

Neither Walcott or Lennon can cross

Blatantly false about Theo.

He's never been asked to provide much arial service but he puts a ball into the box on the ground as good as anyone.

The Walcott can only run fallacy is one that refuses to die, it's really something. Very technical player.

You see it all the time though with players with extreme physical gifts they get pigeonholed.

Completely agree. People slate him for not being a player they want him to be/think he should be or they just flat out talk out of their ***.

It was pretty refreshing to see that in his last column before retiring from being a football pundit Alan Hansen (ex Liverpool player and BBC MOTD pundit) come out and give some kind words to Theo for doing just that many years ago (saying he "didn't have a footballing brain" and totally writing him off as a player)

It is a different world, but throughout my time with this column and Match of the Day, there is probably only one thing that I regret saying - and it is not that you cannot win anything with kids!

Four years ago, I said that Theo Walcott did not have a "football brain", not realising my comments would be misinterpreted so greatly.

The meaning of my observation was not as brutal as it may have come across, but nonetheless, I was critical of Walcott's ability and I am pleased to say that Theo has proved me completely wrong.

I have met him since and there has never been a problem between the pair of us. I am delighted with how he has developed as a player.

He is a proper player and I have to admit that my comments about him were the only time that I have ever been happy to be wrong.

Theo is an intelligent boy, very bright, with genuine ability and he has given the best possible response to my remarks by pretty much showing two fingers to what I said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-know-the-time-is-right-for-me-to-retire.html

Credit to Hansen, I thought it was totally uncalled for at the time and I feel he played a major role in shaping idiot football fans view him, but it takes class to come out and admit you were wrong.

Theo didn't pick himself to go to the WC at 17, Eriksson did that, he wears #14 at Arsenal but his doesn't claim to be the new Thierry Henry (and he isnt an older Ross Barkley :lol: :smh:) He is Theo Walcott he has his strengths and yes he has his weaknesses but Theo has made vast improvements year on year and he will continue to prove doubters wrong, like Hansen and countless other fans (many of them Arsenal fans), being the player he is. I'm excited to see what he and Ozil can produce together this upcoming season.

Honestly, Theo was never a player that stood out to me and I've been watching him since he got picked for the 06 world cup. He's not a player that relishes taking on defenders 1 on 1. He just relies on his pace and runs down the wings when he's not marked.

If he was on the transfer market today I honestly don't see any other big club signing him. Maybe it's just me but I see him more as a west ham/Aston villa/ Newcastle/ QPR type player

Last edited:
He definitely isnt one to take on defenders. But his 4 vs Newcastle a few seasons ago was a mouthwatering look into who he can be of he improves his finishing.

I must be the only one watching the MLS Match of the Week :lol:

Vintage Thierry Henry equalised against RSL with a beautifully placed shot on Rimando. Really trying to enjoy his games before he calls it quits soon.

Back
Top Bottom