⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Former Villarreal striker Luciano Vietto has officially signed a 6 year deal with Atletico Madrid. The 21 year old should do well playing for Cholo. He scored 12 goals in 32 appearances for the Yellow Subs last campaign.

View media item 1617851
Juve is looking to bolster their attack by signing 24 year old striker Simone Zaza from Sassuolo for a reported €18m. He bagged 20 goals in 64 appearances for the Neroverdis. Man, Juve have a glut of strikers right now...

View media item 1617852
Edit - eiddy, not trying to steal your steelo dude... My post originally had just the text, but it looked so damn plain.

Last edited:
Former Villareal striker Luciano Vietto has officially signed on with for a 6 year deal Atletico Madrid. The 21 year old should do well playing for Cholo. He scored 12 goals in 32 appearances for the Yellow Subs last campaign.

View media item 1617851
Juve is looking to bolster their attack by signing 24 year old striker Simone Zaza from Sassuolo for a reported €18m. He bagged 20 goals in 64 appearances for the Neroverdis. Man, Juve have a glut of strikers right now...

View media item 1617852
Edit - eiddy, not trying to steal your steelo dude... My post originally had just the text, but it looked so damn plain.

:lol: please do steal my steelo, the more solid contributions in this thread, the better for us all.

Freddie should've been writing a travel book or doing a traveling/football youtube show... Anthony Bourdain/Eddie Huang meets football kinda thing... Could've been making some nice youtube revenue...

I read somewhere the division he was playing in, people were barely paid at all. A lot of the players played for free.

At his age, I would've probably just went to go study at university and see what hustle I could apply my skillset and education to.

Last edited:
Since it starts today on FS1. I give you my Gold Cup Predictions

Group A
1. USA
2. Honduras
3. Panama
Haiti

Group B

1. Costa Rica
2. Canada
Jamaica
El Salvador

Group C

1. Mexico
2. Guatemala
3. Trinidad and Tobago
Cuba

USA over Trinidad
Honduras over Costa Rica
Mexico over Panama
Guatemala over Canada

USA over Honduras
Mexico over Guatemala

USA over Mexico

Last edited:
CJWiB-IUcAAF__5.png

:smh:

[COLOR=#red]Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil at World Cup, was turned down - Alves[/COLOR]

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil at last year's World Cup, but local football officials were afraid that fans wouldn't like having a foreign coach in charge of the national team, Barcelona defender Daniel Alves said on Tuesday.

"Pep said he wanted to make Brazil a World Cup champion and had an entire strategy to make us a world champion," Alves said in an interview with ESPN Brasil. "But they didn't want it, because they said that they didn't know if Brazil would accept a foreign coach."

Alves did not specifically say who refused to hire Guardiola, but criticized the decision.

"Pep is the best coach in the world, the greatest sports manager I've ever seen. He revolutionized football, revolutionized a team, and we had the chance to have him with us," Alves said. "If you let an opportunity like this go by, then you are not really thinking about the national team."

He said Guardiola was even willing to get paid only if he achieved the results expected by the Brazilian people.

Wednesday will mark the anniversary of Brazil's humiliating 7-1 loss to Germany in the World Cup semifinals, when Brazil was managed by Luiz Felipe Scolari. The World Cup-winning coach in 2002 was replaced by Dunga, who had already led Brazil at the 2010 World Cup.

Dunga's team was eliminated by Paraguay in the Copa America last month in yet another disappointment for the five-time world champions.

Alves, who played several years for Guardiola at Barcelona, said the coach had already put a lot of thought into the possibility of coaching Brazil.

"Ever since I've been working with Pep, he has on his mind the Brazilian team that he would like to be coaching," the 32-year-old right back said.

The Brazilian confederation last week formed a counsel of past champions, coaches and even the media to discuss ways of improving local football and the national team.

Brazil begins 2018 World Cup qualifying in October.

http://www.espnfc.us/brazil/story/2515365/pep-guardiola-turned-down-as-brazil-coach-dani-alves

Corrupt idiots are running the Brazilian FA :rofl: :rofl:,Fifa might as well hire their senior officials :lol:

Last edited:
The funny thing is the way to improve the football for Selecao is to fire most of those running the CBF... There's way too many chiefs in that org each with their hands in the pot & tons of people behind them with their hands in the pot too. Basically whoever is in that committee to figure out how to make the national team better needs to fire themselves...

Last edited:
I remember watching Freddy play for the U-21 national team when he was like 13, we were playing in the same tournament in Dallas.  They were playing Newcastles youth squad, Adu was out there schooling dudes twice his size.
mean.gif

Did Mike bradley really pronounce it as "unaids" insteads of U.N. AIDS :lol:

Btw might be tempted to go downtown to checkout the ticker tape, catch a glimpses of syd, press, alex & kreiger. :stoneface:

Last edited:
:smh:

[COLOR=#red]Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil at World Cup, was turned down - Alves[/COLOR]

SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil at last year's World Cup, but local football officials were afraid that fans wouldn't like having a foreign coach in charge of the national team, Barcelona defender Daniel Alves said on Tuesday.

"Pep said he wanted to make Brazil a World Cup champion and had an entire strategy to make us a world champion," Alves said in an interview with ESPN Brasil. "But they didn't want it, because they said that they didn't know if Brazil would accept a foreign coach."

Alves did not specifically say who refused to hire Guardiola, but criticized the decision.

"Pep is the best coach in the world, the greatest sports manager I've ever seen. He revolutionized football, revolutionized a team, and we had the chance to have him with us," Alves said. "If you let an opportunity like this go by, then you are not really thinking about the national team."

He said Guardiola was even willing to get paid only if he achieved the results expected by the Brazilian people.

Wednesday will mark the anniversary of Brazil's humiliating 7-1 loss to Germany in the World Cup semifinals, when Brazil was managed by Luiz Felipe Scolari. The World Cup-winning coach in 2002 was replaced by Dunga, who had already led Brazil at the 2010 World Cup.

Dunga's team was eliminated by Paraguay in the Copa America last month in yet another disappointment for the five-time world champions.

Alves, who played several years for Guardiola at Barcelona, said the coach had already put a lot of thought into the possibility of coaching Brazil.

"Ever since I've been working with Pep, he has on his mind the Brazilian team that he would like to be coaching," the 32-year-old right back said.

The Brazilian confederation last week formed a counsel of past champions, coaches and even the media to discuss ways of improving local football and the national team.

Brazil begins 2018 World Cup qualifying in October.

http://www.espnfc.us/brazil/story/2515365/pep-guardiola-turned-down-as-brazil-coach-dani-alves

Lmao what a joke. Pep would cook with that talent

I remember watching Freddy play for the U-21 national team when he was like 13, we were playing in the same tournament in Dallas.  They were playing Newcastles youth squad, Adu was out there schooling dudes twice his size. :smh:
We? Who is we?
What club did you play for?

Back
Top Bottom