⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Welp, I was hoping to catch some Bundesliga games in a few weeks

http://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2015/7/23/9019287/fox-sports-bundesliga-schedule-2015-2016

apparently this fight happened during the Mex-Pan game :nerd:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CKkenmdWUAAGEYc.jpg

Last edited:
Is it fair to say if the money is equal

Most latin/south American would choose portugal/spain/italy over england everyday?

France has become popular too. But yes, southern Europe has nicer climate, landscape, women, and less of a language/culture barrier for Latin footballers.

eastern europe has a fairly decent pipeline to brazilian players, wasnt there a discussion on that recently? 

Yeah specifically Shakhtar Donetsk, but all the Brazilians are currently trying to dip out because of the risk that war might break out.

Last edited:
you have to think about it historically and regionally on a global level (if the makes sense). You think about the biggest clubs in the world and where they are based throughout history. The biggest club in England (and arguably the world) is ManU. if you look at history and the phrase "The sun never sets on the British Empire" meaning that they controlled land around the world to the point where sun was always shining on England. England is the mother to many countries and whether or not we show it we praise them. (colours on flags for one example). We are inspired and in awe of what England is and can produce. which gives people the notion that they have the best league in the world. It has gotten terrible in that it has inflated the heads of the Brits to a degree (English tax anyone??)

So take that "genetically predisposed" to loving England/UK feel you get kids growing up in every English speaking and/or commonwealth nation dreaming of playing for ManU or whichever is the biggest club England has had history been different.

Now take that same "mother country" metaphor and put in south america with Spain and Portugal. Latin countries ooze over those teams wanting to be on their roster. I know for a fact that everyone was happy that Chica was on ManU but he gets loaned to Real?! shirts copped tenfold. If i talk to my dad about transfers and what not, he comes rushing to me saying "Real is looking into getting Hames! This is going to be phenomenal". Let's just ignore the fact that he didn't say anything when Modric, Bale, or Kroos came over right?
eyes.gif
of course it didn't have to be Barca or Real at the helm but that's how history paved its footy way. Everyone wants to be with the best of the best.

Now the tricky part with Spain is that they are still divided as a people... talking about catalans and what not. (please correct me because I know some gents in here like Coupe would probably know more info) as divided people kids grew up not wanting to play for the NT, nah they wanted to be on Malaga or Valencia rather then clearly a better/more famous Real or Barca. There's a reason why informed people are still shocked that Spain won a WC or that why they haven't won any more in life.

Now for eastern europe. war, politics and international relations stopped from eastern europe from being a huge contender that it once was (hungary being so strong in the 30's, austria as well in later years). with Germany being such a power throughout modern history having fought wars and able to bounce back economically amazingly after two world wars they developed the best stable footy out of all of eastern europe. I'm saying eastern europe for germany mainly because I'm implying the iron curtain and all of that communist stuff you should know from history class. Best team? Bayern, of course. little Igor in Romania would probably choose Bayern over Real.

Of course times are changing and globalization is well underway some patterns will never break, ManU being "best in world", Brasil and their players are expected to win everything all the time, and as history has formed Ajax having an amazing youth system are some examples.

Only things I see that could/have been breaking these cycles is Oil money from outside investors. ManCity getting money and winning a league title is amazing to me but you won't see people getting interviewed saying "I've always dreamed of playing for ManCity!"  not unless ManCity stays relatively on top and 20 years pass by us. This new money has us fixed on clubs that would've never seen the light of day without it. Looking at you PSG, no offense

I talk a lot lol

TL;DR Think about history class then apply footy

Last edited:
Steven Goff
@SoccerInsider
CONCACAF just announced Confederations Cup playoff set for Oct. 9. Rose Bowl possible for USA-MEX. Presumably, smaller venue if USA-JAM

So much $$$ hanging in the balance.

M4rioL, you make a great point about history affecting football. Speaking from an Argentine standpoint, there used (and maybe still today to a lesser extent) to be an aversion to English clubs because of the war in the Falkland Islands. They didn't like us, and we didn't like them (this of course was made worse by Maradona's Hand of God goal in '86). Argentines abroad would generally sign with Italian or Spanish clubs because if you look at the demographics of our country, around 80% of our population claims ancestry from one or both of those countries. Not to mention the fact that with a lot of European leagues having a non-EU cap for their rosters, signing an Argentine player provides a convenient loophole because they could easily obtain EU citizenship through their ancestry.

why not the rose bowl for both games, strong US support here in LA. 

latino community always supports the US except when they play el tri

Man City's Stevan Jovetic set for two-year Inter Milan loan

Stevan Jovetic's transfer from Manchester City to Inter Milan will be a two-year loan deal, according to Sky sources.

This will mean forward Jovetic will have 12 months left on his contract when he returns to the Etihad, with Inter having the option to buy after the two years at a knock-down price.

Fox Sports schedules a middle finger for American Bundesliga fans

TWEET (41) SHARE (356) PIN
Most American fans of the Bundesliga were thrilled when it was announced that Fox Sports would be taking over the broadcast rights of the Bundesliga from Gol TV. Why wouldn't they be? Fox has numerous channels on which to broadcast games, while Gol TV was slipping further and further into obscurity.

The fear was that Fox would relegate the Bundesliga to their nether regions. Their nether regions are Fox Sports 2 and Fox Soccer Plus. However, without programming for Fox Sports 1 during the hours of Bundesliga games, why would they give the middle finger to fans that wanted to watch the games in High Definition? It's 2015, Fox Sports, if I don't get your channel in High Definition, then I don't get your channel.

Well, this report from World Soccer Talk is extremely disconcerting. Let's hit the highlights.

Every game will be streamed live and on-demand via Fox Soccer 2 Go. It costs $19.99 a month or $99.99 for an entire year.
There will be no games aired on Fox Sports 1.
"Select games" will be aired on Fox Sports 2.
Bayern Munich's league opener will be aired on Fox Soccer Plus!
The plan seems to be as follows:

The Friday Bundesliga games will air on Fox Soccer Plus.
They will air two Saturday morning games (on Fox Sports 2 and Fox Soccer Plus) with a thirty minute pregame show. The Saturday afternoon game will air on Fox Sports 2 with a five minute pregame show.
The Sunday games will air on Fox Sports 2 or Fox Soccer Plus.
A source tells Bavarian Football Works that Fox's plan for their Bundesliga coverage isn't finalized yet and could still change. However, this seems like a big middle finger to fans of the league that are looking to finally watch their league in high definition. Unfortunately, it's starting to look like Fox has relegated the league to channels people either do not get, or if they do get the channels, they're not in High Definition.

What are your thoughts about this report on the way Fox will treat the Bundesliga in the United States?

Small bavarianfootballworks.com.minimal

Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball   53m: TRANSFER CENTRE: Florentino Perez 'agrees' to let Sergio Ramos leave Real Madrid for Man Utd http://skysports.tv/3MBNE8 
PEREZ 'AGREES TO RAMOS SALE'

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has finally given in to Sergio Ramos’ demands of joining Manchester United, according to Radio Marca.

Perez reportedly wanted Iker Casillas – who joined Porto earlier this month - out of the club and is now ready to let Ramos follow suit.

Radio Marca journalist Pablo Garcia Cuervo, quoted by todomercadoweb.es, claims Garcia might drag out negotiations to portray Ramos in a negative light.

“Sergio has made his mind up," Garcia said. "Florentino also wants Sergio to leave.

“If Florentino Perez wanted to keep Casillas, he hid it very well. The same is happening with Ramos.”
This would set the wheels in motion for some of the bigger transfers this summer if true...
nerd.gif

This and the DDG saga have all the makings of a transfer deadline day bonanza
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Aight Perez has to go

I think his ulterior motive is that he wants to be bigger than the players. He seems like an egomaniac that wants to himself be the face of the team. And the main defining piece of an era in Madrid history.

Last edited:
I wrote my rant taking a break from editing my doc
laugh.gif
. It gets mind numbing after a few hours. Doc is going cool, the academy that I interviewed is to the right of the FC Koln stadium, which are the pics below. Owner said that in the past 6 years 80 of his students have went onto Bundesliga teams. His academy itself isn't connection with FC Koln at all, it's neutral so any club can scout them out, he trains 6-16yr olds. I went there on business so I didn't have a chance to go on a tour and this is what I got

before this huge road was a tram station and road directly in front for game day crowds

Aight Perez has to go

I think his ulterior motive is that he wants to be bigger than the players. He seems like an egomaniac that wants to himself be the face of the team. And the main defining piece of an era in Madrid history.
I also believe this,why else would he want to drag things out to portray the players in a negative light 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
. He gets rid of the few players who dare challenge him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom