⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the ddg and lvg rumor is just click bait. no silly season need something to get haters to get excited about. DDG has played every game this season, surely a coach that hates would bench you especially in those fa cup games against lesser competition. 
True story

I think Casillas will be the # Uno for Real next year. He's regained some form, is a hero and legend, and there's no need to dip into the transfer kitty for a keeper when we need to upgrade Illara to Pogba, maybe get Reus, and block Danilo from being the next Dani Alves at Barca.

Last edited:
Just realized I haven't heard a thing from Ciro Immobile since he moved to BVB.
That's because he's having a horrid debut campaign in Bundesliga. It would be further highlighted if not for Dortmund's lack of defensive prowess and accumulation of injuries.

On the LVG issue, from what I remember last year Klopp was United's first choice and he immediately turned it down so LVG was the backup. It was made clear he would only be at the club during the transition period 3-4 years to secure CL football and bring the club back from he depth's of 7th place.

That's the problem with getting rid of lvg. Who comes here? Nobody really wants the job and the pressure associated especially if we are offing people before their campaign ends. There's no one at that high level that's available, unless we roll the dice and go with de boer or Rudi Garcia. Maybe we can convince Benitez to come back to the epl.

Lvg is the cleaner, he's here for at least two seasons to sort things out, rehab the club and let giggs take over. If we don't make ucl, the club will probably go with the contingency plan in place. Get rid of everybody over 25, except carrick and rooney, and grow a young team with depay, Laporte, and clyne to join the nucleus of shaw, Herrera, adnan, rojo, McNair, Wilson, jones, and blind.

Hmm, would the LvG disciples rather make De Gea happy so he can sign (which might mean letting LvG go before his contract is up)

or

Would they trust LvG enough going forward to even replace De Gea and let them cash out for him to go Madrid.

United fans let me know :nerd:

Tough call. I would like to build a team on De Gea, but the reality is, we all know he's good as gone soon. De Gea is consistently performing at his peak. LVG has been here for months now and has really shown nothing to suggest he's even heading towards his peak. But as someone already mentioned, who's going to come next? The majority of the realistic names that United fans would be happy with are not available.

At this point, I guess I would prefer LVG staying because he has the potential to shape an entire team, whereas De Gea is just a solid wall at the back.

As a side note, I know many people will say that United fans are just being impatient cause they're not used to struggling under SAF. While that may be true, I believe the reason United fans are making a fuss is that LVG is not showing any form of stability whatsoever. His formations aren't working, his lineups are constantly changing and theyre awkward, his substitutions while bold are often mind boggling lately, I won't even bother to discuss transfers. Fortunately for his sake he has a run of tough fixtures coming up, and if he can steady the ship through those fixtures he will have gone a long way at proving his worth.

Watched the Arsenal game again, Moutinho is a maestro. Really liked what I saw from him today. Ozil is such a bum nnow, what happened to him? Mertesacker :x

I don't know too much about how transfers work but what was Alexis Sanchez thinking leaving Barca for Arsenal? Im sure there had to have been better offers lol

I believe Özil will be on his way out before Wenger gets sacked, him and Wilshere both need a move to Spain, i feel that La Liga best fits their style of play

I don't know too much about how transfers work but what was Alexis Sanchez thinking leaving Barca for Arsenal? Im sure there had to have been better offers lol

I believe Özil will be on his way out before Wenger gets sacked, him and Wilshere both need a move to Spain, i feel that La Liga best fits their style of play

London.
Guaranteed starter (in fact the main man).
Solid wages.
Pretty much guaranteed CL footy.

I dunno what to make of LvG vs DDG... but what stated this "row", if you can call it that?

Also... lol.

@paddypower
Well this is awkward.. 

B-uG4vCW4AAkaTW.jpg:large

I don't believe the DDG/LVG rumors and LVG has credited DDG multiple times post game and in pregame pressers. If DDG is unhappy with anything its his backline/MF protection.

There are options to replace LVG.. Simeone, Klopp, and Pep all have contracts in the later stages or in klopps case have a mid table team and could be looking to bail...although there is a crazy amount of pressure, our financial ability would deff entice alot of managers, So long as you can recruit the players.

Tough call. I would like to build a team on De Gea, but the reality is, we all know he's good as gone soon. De Gea is consistently performing at his peak. LVG has been here for months now and has really shown nothing to suggest he's even heading towards his peak. But as someone already mentioned, who's going to come next? The majority of the realistic names that United fans would be happy with are not available.

At this point, I guess I would prefer LVG staying because he has the potential to shape an entire team, whereas De Gea is just a solid wall at the back.

As a side note, I know many people will say that United fans are just being impatient cause they're not used to struggling under SAF. While that may be true, I believe the reason United fans are making a fuss is that LVG is not showing any form of stability whatsoever. His formations aren't working, his lineups are constantly changing and theyre awkward, his substitutions while bold are often mind boggling lately, I won't even bother to discuss transfers. Fortunately for his sake he has a run of tough fixtures coming up, and if he can steady the ship through those fixtures he will have gone a long way at proving his worth.
Yea I'd have to agree. No matter what happens with De Gea you can't let LvG go before his contract, even if he does look bad right now. He was never a permanent solution in the first place, he was just brought in to fix the place so you have to give him the three years (even if it does hurt).

Last edited:
I watched a little of the Schalke vs Madrid CL match last night before deleting it from my dvr. I wanted to see how Lucas Silva looked. He looked pretty good. He played like he's been at Madrid for a while. He showed great range with his long, short, & cross field passes. He also showed astute defensive capabilities. He made good reads & positioned himself very well whether clogging up passing lanes or 1on1 defending. He was also pretty good in the air. This kid was a solid pick up by Perez... Mad he's on Madrid... :smh: :rolleyes

Smokey Jack in La Liga?

*insert Ronaldo laughing .gif*

dude had one good game against Barca 5 yrs ago and ppl still wont let it go.. IM sure moyes would welcome him though

This isn't meant as a dis, but Ozil is a complimentary player on a good/talent laden team. He's not a star meant to shine. The reason why he starts is because he's tidy in possession. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes with the ball & he passes well. If he's asked to be the main talent in the midfield, he just doesn't do well. The problem is Arsenal paid a super star transfer fee & he just isn't that...

As for smokey, he just isn't good period (doesn't matter what league he's playing in). Has talent, just doesn't have the stones to be a great footballer. Loves the lifestyle though... Always makes stupid decisions on the pitch. Dumb tackles/stupid challenges that seems to always lead to injuries. What you see now with him is what you will get. He's plateaued.

Arsenal need to rebuild their defense by first getting rid of any defenders that have been there & then set out to get a world class striker.

Edit - Gunners also need to invest in a state of the art physio team & equipment. They should probably look into hyperbaric chambers for everyone one the first team...

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is Iker's last season. So i'm thinking Nava's is the backup they want to get acclimated to the club already until DDG gets settled. Which should'nt take long.

On the LVG issue, from what I remember last year Klopp was United's first choice and he immediately turned it down so LVG was the backup. It was made clear he would only be at the club during the transition period 3-4 years to secure CL football and bring the club back from he depth's of 7th place.
Well said. Klopp preferred to stay with BVB,funny how that worked out
laugh.gif
. LVG was brought in to transition the club from the Moyes debacle back into the CL. He wasn't brought in to be the long term manager down the road,just to whip the club into shape for the next 3 seasons.  

In regards to DDG,if it came down to choosing between him and LVG I'd probably choose LVG. As great and stellar as he's been,keepers are replaceable but right now there's a lack of available quality managers so we'd be stuck in limbo should LVG get sacked this season. I'd obviously love to see DDG stay long term but I wouldn't even be mad if he decided to go back home.

I don't believe the DDG/LVG rumors and LVG has credited DDG multiple times post game and in pregame pressers. If DDG is unhappy with anything its his backline/MF protection.

There are options to replace LVG.. Simeone, Klopp, and Pep all have contracts in the later stages or in klopps case have a mid table team and could be looking to bail...although there is a crazy amount of pressure, our financial ability would deff entice alot of managers, So long as you can recruit the players.
It killed me reading Pep say that he could picture himself managing at OT in his biography knowing that it won't happen in the near future 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Last edited:
For those questioning the availability of a ripe candidate to replace LVG, Jurgen Klopp. He's been linked to Old Trafford for a while, the time is now if the United board deems van Gaal unworthy. Klopp is more tempted to bail Dortmund than ever. Selling their best players to German rivals, barrage of injuries, lack of defensive organization. Especially if LVG drops in the EPL table to close the campaign, Klopp could potentially be hailed as a hero and savior to reclaim Manchester United lore and glory.

Klopp ain't going anywhere (for now). He just signed an extension in the early fall which keeps him at the club through 2018. The club has come out repeatedly when it was at the bottom stating they were committed to their manager.

He does have to sort out the team's defense. He also needs to work on Dortmund's passing. They're giving the ball away constantly with terrible passing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom