⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
certainly hurts but congrats Arsenal...
you guys should be even happier to know that it's gonna be either Reading/Bradford in the semis...

Last edited:
Welp.  Shame it came down to an error.  Was good in the 1st half. 

Definitely :smh:  at Adnan & ADM... ADM played reasonably well too. 

Came down to a lot of stupidity. Touching the ref was suicide. Valencia's backpass is something I expect from a Championship/League 1 one team. It's very naive to try silly backpasses against a a front line like Arsenal which is fully loaded with pace at the time.

Adnan played okay. He had the opportunity to stay on his feet and take an opportunity, instead he took the cheap route which he paid for (with experience and age this will hopefully come to an end).

Adnan played okay. He had the opportunity to stay on his feet and take an opportunity, instead he took the cheap route which he paid for (with experience and age this will hopefully come to an end).
Exactly. He was in a good position to get closer to goal too.  
I won't even blame De Gea for leaving at the end of the season.
Sell ADM and give all the money to DDG?

It really does look like there's gonna be a total makeover of the squad in the summer,with or without CL football.

It really does look like there's gonna be a total makeover of the squad in the summer,with or without CL football.

Yup. Cause of United's income (including the new TV deal) a complete overhaul will be done and LVG was chosen for that job. I'm pretty sure that you can expect a bunch of 21-25 year olds to arrive at the club over the summer. Youth and pace will be injected back into the club, and cause of the revenues, United will gladly overpay just to get the job done. I'll need to look at that Adidas deal again, I can't remember what year no CL footy makes United default on the contract, but to be honest Woody will probably just sign up another official tyre partner or an official carpet partner to make up the difference.

To be fair a Santi Cazorla was massive. And the united supporters have to question Van Gaals tatics. No mata?
rojo and fellani were getting reckless we were bound to go to 10 men, we diving and bullying arsenal all over the pitch.  it just had to be adm 
Will Van Gaal stay or will Giggs take over?
he's staying top4 or not. nobody out there up to united standards and giggs isn't ready to be manager or deal with the slander. can't imagine the sight of fans wanting him sacked if we finish 6th next season. 

Will Van Gaal stay or will Giggs take over?

LVG is going no where unless Real are really stupid enough to fire Carlo. Giggs is NO WHERE NEAR ready to manage a club the size of United. Can you image how it would be if he didn't get results? Glazers aren't that stupid, their share price would drop through the floor.

Exactly. He was in a good position to get closer to goal too.  

Sell ADM and give all the money to DDG?

Wouldn't make a difference. Everyone and their grandmother knows DDG was as good as gone the moment Iker started slipping, it's really just a timing issue at this point. I can see another Barthez era for a while cause it won't be easy to find/mold another top notch keeper (even with the money) in a short span of time. I wouldn't even sell ADM right now. He's adjusting. New city, new life, new league and goons just ran up in his spot lookin for that work. He'll show his value next season when fully settled.

Bale for DDG?

Technically Bale should play on the right (ADM is already there- and for his price tag, he should stick around a bit), that money will probably be spent on Memphis where there is a clear hole (Young isn't good enough in the big scheme and Adnan is too young and immature).

Back
Top Bottom