❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone school me on the young Dutchman Tahith Chong? He just signed and I wanna know more about him besides the great fro :lol:

Last edited:
Good stuff Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi :pimp:

And yes you're a Nike stan but that's okay. I'm interested to know (you probably won't answer this for another month), if your thoughts on Luis Suarez have changed? And, do you believe this Barça team is better than the Pep ones? (I think they are)

I'm still on because I contributed to a Phife (RIP) thread in general too.

I don't think Hannibal has evolved play wise (or gotten better per say). He's always been a complete striker that even tracks back & plays defense (well I might ad). He's just on a better team so his skill/talent level is much more evident (with apologies to tomdiginson tomdiginson as this isn't meant as a Liverpool dis).

Aside from his scoring ability, Hannibal has always been a great passer.

The one thing though is I think he & Neymar needs to stop being so unselfish at times because they end up missing valuable goal scoring opportunities.

Ney Ney & Hannibal played waay too unselfishly during the first leg against the Gunners. That score could've easily been 6 or 7 nil if both of them converted their missed shots & chose to shoot the open shot instead of trying to pass it to each other.

Speaking of Neymar, :wow: at the rumors he was found guilty in Brazil for tax evasion & that penalty he's been rumored to have to pay. I swear these fathers that are mixed up in these pro athletes lives are scum bags.

Basti picked up a tear on his knee in Germany's training session yesterday...thats probably curtains on his season :smh:

Has it already been mentioned once again how awful non competitive international breaks are? :lol:

Last edited:
I'm still on because I contributed to a Phife (RIP) thread in general too.

I don't think Hannibal has evolved play wise (or gotten better per say). He's always been a complete striker that even tracks back & plays defense (well I might ad). He's just on a better team so his skill/talent level is much more evident (with apologies to tomdiginson tomdiginson as this isn't meant as a Liverpool dis).

Aside from his scoring ability, Hannibal has always been a great passer.

The one thing though is I think he & Neymar needs to stop being so unselfish at times because they end up missing valuable goal scoring opportunities.

Ney Ney & Hannibal played waay too unselfishly during the first leg against the Gunners. That score could've easily been 6 or 7 nil if both of them converted their missed shots & chose to shoot the open shot instead of trying to pass it to each other.

Speaking of Neymar, :wow: at the rumors he was found guilty in Brazil for tax evasion & that penalty he's been rumored to have to pay. I swear these fathers that are mixed up in these pro athletes lives are scum bags.

Well I'll have to disagree (sort of) with you here, his last season on Liverpool, the skill/talent was pretty crystal god damn clear :lol: (this dude literally carried Pool to an EPL title if that whole Gerrard slip incident didn't occur) ...

But yea, I asked because I know you've never been a big fan of him, regardless of his persona, I've been on the board for the past 3 years saying Suarez was and still is the 3rd best player on the planet. I'm just wondering if you came around because of that.

Still tho, more importantly, this Barca or Peps? :nerd: Also, will we see you be a slight City fan now that Pep is going? :lol:

Last edited:
Has it already been mentioned once again how awful non competitive international breaks are? :lol:

That time again :lol:

The good news tho is that Belguim vs Portugal is no longer cancelled, game will be played in Portugal now next week. I'm glad, I know it's a friendly but I was really anticipating watching this game. I'm getting the EURO fever since Porto is having a terrible season.

Arsenal unlikely to hand Per Mertesacker new deal despite having just over a year left on current contract

Per Mertesacker will be allowed to run down the final-year of his contract with Arsenal as he will not be handed an extension by Arsene Wenger. The French manager is keen to assess his form and fitness over the following season before deciding to hand him a new deal.

According to The Times, the Gunners will not hand the German defender – who joined from Werder Bremen in 2011 – a new deal, despite him being on the final 12 months of his current contract and are unlikely to do so, as the manager is keen on strengthening his defensive department during the summer transfer window. The 31-year-old centre-back started the season as the preferred partner to Laurent Koscielny at the heart of the back four, but has seen his place come under threat in recent months, as Wenger has preferred to partner the Frenchman along with Brazilian defender Gabriel Paulista.

The former Germany international has been left on the bench for their last two clashes against Everton and Barcelona, and it is likely that he will sit out of clashes that feature teams that have abundance of pace in their attack. Mertesacker, who has captained the side for most of the season due to the absence of Mikel Arteta, is also in danger of losing the captaincy with the manager keen to give it to a player that commands a regular place in the starting XI. It is believed that Petr Cech is likely to be the recipient of the arm band ahead of next season, as he is certain to start every game when he is fit.

The report also claimed that there will be a huge turnover of players in the summer at the Emirates Stadium with a number of stars facing possible exit from the club. Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini, Tomas Rosicky are out of contract, while the north London club will also listen to offers for Mathieu Debuchy and Kieran Gibbs.

Wenger is expected to spend money on transfers during the summer and bolster his squad, however, the club are expected to prioritise retaining the core of the team before making any new additions. Santi Cazorla, Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are all expected to be handed new deals during the off-season.

I rather bring in a WC defender, loan out Chambers and have Per be a rotation player. Wenger won't be doing that tho :smh: Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi I don't know if you came across but there was an interview with Kroneke recently and he pretty much confirmed what we all knew. That as long as Wenger brings in a profit, that's all that matters. he made a comment about hows he has a degree in economics so he gets it. :rolleyes The club has fallen to shambles, straight embarrassing :smh:

Word is that Wilshere suffered a setback (again), kid is gonna have to retire early

No offense taken. You and Coupe are the only two people who can say something about Liverpool without seeing the hands :lol:

Run me my fade [emoji]128064[/emoji]

If the Gunners don't make any moves to build a successful club this summer, they might as well sell Ozil to PSG and I'll live content with their mediocrity in England.

It's really a waste of some of these guys' talent. This isn't an ISO based sport or baseball. You have to build a team if you want to win. You can't just have a few pieces and hope they carry you.

I really want to know what's the next excuse they can come up with after being silent this coming summer window.

Too much talent to bring in and build on top of already to let it all be wasted.

Speaking of Arsenal, why arent they included in the poll? Was it supposed to ask who will be 3rd? We all know Wenger bullseye's that 4th spot annually. He'd give people the hands for taking that spot faster than Tom D would for someone smearing **** on a picture of Sturridge.

So nothing on Feyenoord's Tahith Chong? I could've sworn I remember one of you posting about him a while back. Might've been mastamind89 mastamind89 since he's usually the one posting about up and coming youngsters

I miss psk's regular detailed breakdowns :lol:

Last edited:
I miss arguing with psk, we had good battles :lol:

Not many people in my life challenge me that much like he has :lol:

Who will be Manchester Uniteds great white English hope after Rooney is washed?

I fully expect them to sign either Vardy or Kane, maybe both

Vardy's already 29 though :lol:

I wouldn't mind Barkley :nerd:,HurriKane is gonna be almost impossible to pry from Levy

first it was isco-hazard
now its james - hazard 

The rumor mill has both of them leaving in the summer :lol:,I could see it in James's case since he hasn't really played that much under Zidane

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom