❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think on their day Juve>Atletico. There's a 2nd leg to play but I'm impressed these guys play with so much passion and discipline. Think they're gonna lose at the Allianz Arena but its hard to root against these guys. To think they almost got eliminated by PSV too.

So is Atletico a top 5 team to you yet or what? :lol:

If they beat Bayern they're top 1...:lol:

In all seriousness, I don't think it'd be that far fetched to consider Simeone the best manager in the world right now. Tactically,there's no one else on his level and no other manager can get as much from his players ashe cam it feels like.

In all seriousness, I don't think it'd be that far fetched to consider Simeone the best manager in the world right now. Tactically,there's no one else on his level and no other manager can get as much from his players ashe cam it feels like.

I agree. Remember what Atletico was before he got there and look at them now. They aren't spending exorbitant amounts of money either. If they make a splash in the transfer market, it's usually with money earned in a sale (Aguero, Falcao, Costa, etc.). They buy low and sell high, and that has allowed them to build a talented, young roster. The fact that year after year they're going toe to toe with the Real Madrids, Barcelonas, and Bayern Munichs of the world is a testament to Simeone's ability as a manager.

Last edited:

I agree. Remember what Atletico was before he got there and look at them now. They aren't spending exorbitant amounts of money either. If they make a splash in the transfer market, it's usually with money earned in a sale (Aguero, Falcao, Costa, etc.). They buy low and sell high, and that has allowed them to build a talented, young roster. The fact that year after year they're going toe to toe with the Real Madrids, Barcelonas, and Bayern Munichs of the world is a testament to Simeone's ability as a manager.

Any manager that is having Torres play significant minutes and still winning has to be considered one of the best, if not the best.

Kinda rooting for them to win the UCL,the man is a damn genius. I'm lowkey happy he 's still not fluent in English :lol:,wouldn't want to see him in England at thew moment...

Torres is a winner famb.

1 CL, 1 WC, and 2 Euros.

Chelsea ruined Nino's rep :lol: :smh:. Dude was arguably the most feared striker on the planet at one point with 'Pool and for Spain. As evidenced by this season back at Atletco,he still has some ability left in the tank.

Last edited:
I doubt he has any interest in leaving Atletico. At this rate, he can become their SAF. If he stays, they'll be building statues of him one day. There have been rumblings of him being Argentina's next manager, but that job honestly sucks, the fans and the media are toxic. He's better off staying where people will love him no matter what.

Last edited:
Would Argentina ever want his style?

If I'm any country in need of a coach I would offer him the job, but I know certain countries love the free flowing game. US has no tradition they should offer him a nice bag, I doubt it happens.

#TBT

On this day 8 years ago

View media item 2012144

I doubt he has any interest in leaving Atletico. At this rate, he can become their SAF. If he stays, they'll be building statues of him one day. There have been rumblings of him being Argentina's next manager, but that job honestly sucks, the fans and the media are toxic. He's better off staying where people will love him no matter what.

I wouldn't even be mad,that'd have pretty great tbh :lol: :smokin. Barca and Real would have a consistent rival for a change...

Last edited:
Simeone said that he would only manage clubs that he played for. I do want to see him at Atleti for some years

I saw some clown on Facebook comparing Atletico to 2012 Chelsea. Saying that all they do is park the bus :stoneface: :x :smh:

I saw some clown on Facebook comparing Atletico to 2012 Chelsea. Saying that all they do is park the bus
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
mean.gif
To be honest when people complain about teams "parking the bus" I really begin to question their understanding of defense in this sport.

Hummels to Bayern Munich is basically through :smh:

BVB will probably try to play Ginter as a CB now or find a suitable replacement.

Honorable mentions should be Mignolet, Guzan, Demichelis, John Terry, Jesus Navas, Hazard, Depay, Bony and Falcao. Manager should be LVG or Wenger :lol:

I'm shocked Demichelis didn't make it but I'm guessing when they made that list there was a minimum number of starts required lol. And I honestly forgot Falcao was even still in the EPL to be honest.

eyes.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-press-conference-live-7862264

Van Gaal makes title-winners gaffe

Van Gaal is left a bit red-faced after not realising many of his Manchester United squad are serial title winners.

He is asked how strange it was for United to be playing host to potential champions Leicester, and says few of his current squad had won the title, claiming goalkeeper David De Gea - who won the title in 2013 – had not been a Premier League champion.

And Van Gaal even claims veteran duo Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick had only won the title “once, maybe more than once” - both have won it five times.

“The players who are now playing, they are not used to being champions,” says Van Gaal. 

“I don’t think Matteo Darmian is used to being a champion and David De Gea was never champion, so I don’t agree with the way you make the question.

“Memphis Depay was a champion last year [with PSV Eindhoven] so not many players...Rooney, Carrick, they have been the champions once, or maybe more than once.”
whimpy-kid-to-premier-league-winner1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom