❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno why these clubs are going away from classic looks for some weak and half-assed "modernized" versions...*looking at you Berlusconi* :lol:

A ton of morata rumors, would be great if we could some how snag him but idk, i see him either staying at real madrid or unfortunately only to Manchester because of mou. It appears we're giving it a shot at least

He posted this pic over the weekend & seemed to bid farewell to Italy. This pic was taken by a restaurant that Juve players frequent, Trattoria Fratelli Bravo.

If I had to guess, I'd say he ends up with Chelsea because of Conte or stays at Madrid if perez decides Benzo is too gangster to be a galactico now.

LOL @ the rumors Wenger offered 50 mill for Morata, everyone in this piece knows the bid was more like 31 mill & another 4 in incentives payable over 5 years. :lol:

View media item 2042181

Apparently Chelsea and Lukaku might have mutual interest...

I also read that PSG and the Gunners have offered to double Morata's wages. PSG would be believable :lol:

Last edited:
Wenger is on a mission this summer, we might not be able to get alvaro's attention but its looking like xhaka wont be the only signing. I can see 2-3 more players coming in as many reliable Arsenal journos keep reporting high activity from wenger and co. to find some players

Yea I definitely see Wenger opening up the war chest for once and splurging this summer to keep pace with the league.

Good news on the special Juan front

@AdamCrofton_: Exclusive: Juan Mata happy at #mufc & open to resolving differences with Jose Mourinho. Does not see as irreparable https://t.co/hlgHtdYgYh

Last edited:
Wenger & the phrases "on a mission" & "double wages" go together like oil & water... :lol:

Mata might feel like that, but Jose already has that lil Spanish guy off his roster. :lol: He proly had the equipment guy pack all of Juan's things up already...

The young guys too... Can't wait to see the United fans justify why Jose shipped out Martial or loaned him out... :lol: "He had a great first campaign at the club, but he just doesn't track back like he should..." :tongue: :lol:

I wish Juan would go to a club that could feature him more like he did at Chelsea. He played so well at that time.

This is the year the Gunners won a title & "winning" second place in meagerly fashion is the best they could do.

Watching the copa game again off the dvr since I was paying more attention to Iniesta yesterday. Begrudgingly have to give kudos to the oompa loompa. He played very tough physical goon like defense.

Messi's passing is really on point too...

Last edited:
That last sentence is like "water is wet" :lol:. The pressures gonna be on Wenger to ride off into the sunset on a high,I could see them making a big push for some marquee signings as a result. Everyone knows they can afford it :lol:

I didn't see that LVG did this 
laugh.gif
 now thats a FU that I can appreciate  
smokin.gif

Wenger & the phrases "on a mission" & "double wages" go together like oil & water... :lol:

Mata might feel like that, but Jose already has that lil Spanish guy off his roster. :lol:

I wish Juan would go to a club that could feature him more like he did at Chelsea. He played so well at that time.

This is the year the Gunners won a title & "winning" second place in meagerly fashion is the best they could do.

Watching the copa game again off the dvr since I was paying more attention to Iniesta yesterday. Begrudgingly have to give kudos to the oompa loompa. He played very tough physical goon like defense.

Messi's passing is really on point too...
i understand the skepticism but its been different since the puma kit deal went through. You saw he was willing to buy big with Ozil and Alexis. Absolutely yes, wenger should of bought some players last summer but you can clearly see how he rates the players he already has, he's very selective in whatever player he wants and once he picks you, hes going to put every single drop of faith into you, so last summer he was banking on giroud to score; for coquelin, Alexis, Ramsey, santi, jack and OX to all remain fairly healthy for this past season but of course this never happens with us and well he paid for it which has been bad but can also be good for the confidence of a player. Many players, and you can find ramsey saying it, everyone wants to win FOR the boss. I can respect that he puts faith in players that he selects and will do everything to support you but after this season, you can see he's looking to make big changes or at least create competition in the positions we need to crucially improve in. He likes to keep a admirable and modest model of how players are paid and transferred but he sees it now that the market is completely shell shocked after the prem money. And i dont mean any offense, but please dont lump all gooners in considering second place as an accomplishment or "winning" it. As far as im concerned we deserved 4th place on how we played during the end of the season. I didnt give one damn or thought about spuds finishing above us

Last edited:
I swear, LvG carries himself like I think a Roman emperor must have... If he stayed any longer he would've either been assassinated like Caligula or poisoned like Claudius. :lol: I can't imagine how anyone could tolerate being around this dude. He proly one of them dudes that smacks the crap outta of you when you see him & in your mind you're like "MFer, why you hit me like that...."

Good thing Hannibal left the pitch yesterday. He got so emotional due to his injury. If he stayed on the pitch, yesterday would've been the day he bit someone again. :smh:

i understand the skepticism but its been different since the puma kit deal went through. You saw he was willing to buy big with Ozil and Alexis. Absolutely yes, wenger should of bought some players last summer but you can clearly see how he rates the players he already has, he's very selective in whatever player he wants and once he picks you, hes going to put every single drop of faith into you, so last summer he was banking on giroud to score; for coquelin, Alexis, Ramsey, santi, jack and OX to all remain fairly healthy for this past season but of course this never happens with us and well he paid for it which has been bad but can also be good for the confidence of a player. Many players, and you can find ramsey saying it, everyone wants to win for the boss. I can respect that he puts faith in players that he selects and will do everything to support you but after this season, you can see he's looking to make big changes or at least create competition in the positions we need to crucially improve in. He likes to keep a admirable and modest model of how players are paid and transferred but he sees it now that the market is completely shell shocked after the prem money. And i dont mean any offense, but please dont lump all gooners in considering second place as an accomplishment or "winning" it. As far as im concerned we deserved 4th place on how we played during the end of the season. I didnt give one damn or thought about spuds finishing above us

I get the philosophy of what Wenger wants to do especially with keeping wages in line but the club has gotten way too stagnant. He hasn't evolved in anyway shape or form & it's damaged the club in terms of winning trophies & titles.

Let's be real too. He's assembled a team that likes the lifestyle of being a footballer & not remotely close to dedicating themselves to be better players. None of the young lads have really reached their potential like they should have. All of shown flashes of brilliance & then go through long stretches of meh.

Other clubs are buying nice imports or luxury cars & Wenger is mostly buying Hyundais or used Honda Accords & occasionally will spring for a used 3 series or an Acura TSX. :smh:

As a football coach in terms of tactics, coaching, teaching, etc, I love Wenger. As a sporting director - club executive type, he's mired in mediocrity & the results over the years confirm this.

I do hope I'm wrong though (& you're right) because Arsenal are one of the clubs that should be dominating in their league & in Europe... Some of the best football I've ever seen were those Arsenal sides that featured the likes of Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, & Patrick Vieira.

As a true football fan, I loved watching those guys play even if I didn't root for the Gunners.

:pimp: them Patrick Vieira vs Roy Keane battles...

There was a a saying I remember reading that went as for every player that liked playing for LVG,there's a dozen more that hated him :lol:

Eh I give the dude a pass for that FA cup mic drop :lol:,that was after months of the press speculating about his job until no end and he had personal beefs with a few reporters. Sure that had to have felt good to show off the trophy in their faces

Last edited:
Nah, LvG has carried himself like that since I've been watching footy...

You forget he showed his nut suck off in the Bayern locker room to show he had bigger cojones than his Bayern squad...

Edit - He was also very hostile to the German media towards the end of his reign at Bayern (& the media at other clubs).

Last edited:
Hannibal is definitely prolific & a top 2 striker, maybe the best striker right now but Ronnie is one of the GOATs of all time.

Nah, LvG has carried himself like that since I've been watching footy...

You forget he showed his nut suck off in the Bayern locker room to show he had bigger cojones than his Bayern squad...

Yea I'm sure the saying rings true :lol:

All things said,the man had a pretty great career

@Squawka:

Louis van Gaal managerial career by numbers:

536 wins
7 league titles
4 domestic cups
4 UEFA trophies
1 philosophy

CjK4cGoWEAIi3-T.jpg

That damned philosophy :lol:

Last edited: