❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: you said they ignore clear penalties, I gave you an example where clear penalties weren't ignored(3rd one not so much)

You brought up refs, my original statement was about the love affair the media has with that club :x

You had three penalties at OT the year Stevie Me slipped. Liverpool are media darlings and there are at least 10 ex Liverpool players who are now pundits. Sterling didn't have a chance.
Cause they were legit penalties. You're acting like they were gifted to us just for being Liverpool. And how long ago was that ? 3-4 years ? You're talking like that happened this year :rofl:

:lol: you said they ignore clear penalties, I gave you an example where clear penalties weren't ignored(3rd one not so much)

You brought up refs, my
original statement was about the love affair the media has with that club Manchester United :x
Fixed.

"We're not catching up with the rest of the World as long as Soccer's a sport for the upper class." - @WhitlockJasonhttps://t.co/6O2nZXcoOK
— Speak For Yourself (@SFY) June 22, 2016

Honestly might be by FAR the dumbest quote I've ever heard from Whitlock and that's saying something...

It wouldn't be close to being the most popular game around the planet if it was a bourgeoisie sport.

Only other way I can understand his comment is if he was talking about it in an American context which is still kind of false but more understandable :lol:. Soccer's not just played by suburbanites :lol:

Last edited:

"We're not catching up with the rest of the World as long as Soccer's a sport for the upper class." - @WhitlockJasonhttps://t.co/6O2nZXcoOK
Honestly might be by FAR the dumbest quote I've ever heard from Whitlock and that's saying something...

It wouldn't be close to being the most popular game around the planet if it was a bourgeoisie sport
Actually EDIT: naw im not gonna defend Whitlock's comments not gonna do it cause America's relationship with soccer is more nuanced than just that plus I would feel to dirty doing it **** that guy...I just can't bring myself to do that right know

Last edited:

It wouldn't be close to being the most popular game around the planet if it was a bourgeoisie sport.

Only other way I can understand his comment is if he was talking about it in an American context which is still kind of false but more understandable :lol:. Soccer's not just played by suburbanites :lol:

I got so many hot takes on the subject, but man... I'ma keep my mouf shut, b.

Honestly though, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Whitlock is right. In the US, soccer is seen as a expensive thing to enroll your kids in. Basketball is the sport that kids turn too because that is what our culture dictates.

Meanwhile throughout the rest of the world, soccer has always been the sport you can just pick up and go. And in those parts of the world...basketball is probably seen as a specialty type of thing because the cultural norms have already been set.

Last edited:
Colombia deserves better than this. They dominated the end of the first half, the ref didn't call a clear PK in the beginning of the 2nd half, and Carlos Sanchez just got a weak second yellow card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom