❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colombian women + streaker > the match itself

Weather and referee killed it, Sanchez second yellow was soft af.

Shame cause Colombia got their **** together quickly in the first half, this was looking like it was gonna turn into a great match.

Last edited:
Honestly though, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Whitlock is right. In the US, soccer is seen as a expensive thing to enroll your kids in. Basketball is the sport that kids turn too because that is what our culture dictates.

Meanwhile throughout the rest of the world, soccer has always been the sport you can just pick up and go. And in those parts of the world...basketball is probably seen as a specialty type of thing because the cultural norms have already been set.

He didn't say anything that hasn't been said here and among other fans before. I know I said it before at least. I'm not sure where this discrediting is coming from.

But yea, it's very expensive. It does have a reputation for being a middle-upper class sport over here. Not too long ago I posted the prices of a couple of the MLS academies, they were around $20,000+. Yea, they offer "financial aid" but still.

Inner city kids are locked (classed) out of getting a real chance to play soccer. Some kids are lucky enough to be sponsored. Just like inner city kids pick up basketball (and in other communities as well), that's how it is with soccer in other countries. It's something that's accessible to everyone.

The MLS needs to be more attractive as well, among other factors.

Wish we would see more from JK as the technical director. He was off to a good start and it seems like the steam was lost

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/leicester-city-statement-jamie-vardy-3150830.aspx

vardy-4-3-lc7746-629280-3150782_613x460.jpg

Honestly though, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Whitlock is right. In the US, soccer is seen as a expensive thing to enroll your kids in. Basketball is the sport that kids turn too because that is what our culture dictates.

Meanwhile throughout the rest of the world, soccer has always been the sport you can just pick up and go. And in those parts of the world...basketball is probably seen as a specialty type of thing because the cultural norms have already been set.
He didn't say anything that hasn't been said here and among other fans before. I know I said it before at least. I'm not sure where this discrediting is coming from.

But yea, it's very expensive. It does have a reputation for being a middle-upper class sport over here. Not too long ago I posted the prices of a couple of the MLS academies, they were around $20,000+. Yea, they offer "financial aid" but still.

Inner city kids are locked (classed) out of getting a real chance to play soccer. Some kids are lucky enough to be sponsored. Just like inner city kids pick up basketball (and in other communities as well), that's how it is with soccer in other countries. It's something that's accessible to everyone.

The MLS needs to be more attractive as well, among other factors.

Wish we would see more from JK as the technical director. He was off to a good start and it seems like the steam was lost
17 out of the 20 MLS Academies are 100% free.  The MLS academy you're talking about has to be either Philadelphia Union's or RSL's academy in Arizona. They're the only two residency programs/boarding schools, the $20K price tag is all private school education and room and board.  

I gotta disagree with Whitlock, soccer is not an upper class sport in 21st century America and that's certainly not what's holding us back from the major footballing countries of the world.   

Like you said that reputation and memory is certainly still there - 20 years ago when a lot of us where growing up, establishment American youth soccer was very much so exclusively white, suburban, and middle class. In 2016 in terms of the players participating it's drastically different in the parts of the country with diverse populations. The same can't be said for the governing organizations though.

Kids getting classed out is always a problem but it's not unique to soccer.  In America high level youth sports are a multi-thousand dollar per year commitment for any family, unless they're on financial aid or someone else is willing to write the checks.  

Where our inner city kids are really getting screwed disproportionately is that there aren't nearly enough places to play and tax dollars don't fund the nice parks and facilities that you see in the suburbs. 

Personally I'm good off Klinsmann as a technical director. He doesn't really have any experience at all in that type of role. I'd much rather we get an actual coaching director for the job, specifically someone from Spain or Germany. You're right there were a lot of positive changes from USSF in the past few years, but there's no way to really tell what's Klinsmann vs Sunil and his advisors. 

Last edited:
Dude is a fool... he goes on and on about his hatred for guns and the need for gun-control in the US... 

Yet, he's constantly fawning about Trump... fanboying about their 'friendship'.  

I hate you for sending that danger of society back to England. Why couldn't you have kept him :lol:

As neither an American or a Brit, I just sit back and laugh at Piers...

Hated by the Brits, he leaves for the US... then proceeds to p!ss off a lot of Americans... then heads back to the the UK with even more people hating him. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Colombia has the best females out of all the national teams

Honestly fam, if someone said Colombian women were the hottest in the world I wouldn't even argue with them. They really are grade A

seriously. When NTers say have arguments over hot celebs and say "i see chicks that hot walking down the street every day" they must live in columbia. If you live in columbia that argument is officially ok and 100% true :lol:

:nerd: 27 year old Subotic is looking for a new club. He only played in 11 games for Dortmund last campaign. Part of which was due to an arm injury or condition.

http://www.derwesten.de/sport/fussb...-vom-bvb-wird-immer-konkreter-id11941460.html

:nerd: The Sun "reports" that Jose is targeting Aaron Ramsey if the club can't get Mkhitaryan.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...get-for-manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho/

Roman watched Morata play against Croatia & is rumored to be impressed enough to sanction a £40m bid. I know Costa had an off year but does Chelsea really need another striker? I thought they had pressing needs elsewhere?

Dang, Bild is reporting Raiola turned over a chair during talks with Dortmund over Mkhitaryan's request to transfer to Man U. :x

http://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga...e-rolle-spielt-mkhitaryan-46440328.sport.html

Juve director Giuseppe Marotta was quoted yesterday (Marca) as saying about Masch, "Barcelona will not sell, this is now a closed case." :smokin

New Barca rumor is if Bellerin stays with the Gunners, Barca are targeting Azpilicueta.

Football Italia is saying Barca is looking at Inter's Perisic after his impressive Euro display as an alternative to Nolito (if they can't land him).

http://www.football-italia.net/86261/top-clubs-inters-perisic

Pep wants Nolito for the left side of his attack & Sane...

http://www.sport-english.com/en/new...ithout-another-their-transfer-targets-5224022

If Neymar leaves for Paris, Barca is rumored to be targeting Dybala as his replacement.

Last edited:
Chelsea's definitely gonna need a striker if Costa heads back to Atleti like Cholo wants...

Raiola sounds sick of BVB's bs :rofl:

Apparently just about every big club including MU is targeting Azpi :lol:,I wouldn't mind him at RB but I doubt Chelsea sells to Mou...

Speaking of;dude needs to look into Perisic as well :lol: :nerd:

Ney to P$G in his prime would be so wack :x. I feel the same way about the Ron rumors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom