⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ya got nothin I guess. He can talk social injustice, we don’t need his think-he’s-enlightening-us ideas on flat earths, logos, or that they should make new Grease movies. There’s such a thing as opinions you can keep to yourself, he always thinks his eureka moments are the smartest :lol:
I just shouldn't have to explain why people would a player that is a better representation of what the league is now/ what brought it to prominence was for the logo.

That guy's been habitually line stepping for a minute now
I peeped as well but I see below he's already denying it.

If you feel that way then you should watch your words more carefully and how they come off.

Your post that started this is a great example of what I am talking about.

I just don’t like being called a habitual line stepper without much supporting it, you know, that’s tough.

I don’t know any of you and that still makes me feel really bad :lol: ... I’m soft :lol:, honestly think that’s a good thing if people care/are soft.

Really, really don’t think I’ve said anything bad, but bring up if I have in any of your opinions, so I can address it, but all I was saying was I don’t want to listen to a flat Earther on anything. Not “shut up stick to sports” if it came off that way.

I keep telling folks. Steph YBS.

B3C983DE-AE59-4928-A871-A4F19D610FF1.jpeg

The NBA would not put Kobe on the logo because it would cause a major financial and legal issue with the Bryant estate. Vanessa would have to sign off on it

If they acknowledging they are using his likeness to market the league, then the Bryant family would obviously be entitled compensation for it. That number would be in the millions to tens of millions yearly to use it.

The NBA doesn't legally acknowledge that it is West on the logo so they don't have to pay him for his likeness. It is just an open secret now

West would rather they change the logo, but if they do, I am sure they would want to change it into something they have full copyright to.

Using a silhouette of Kobe, and acknowledging it is Kobe, would not fit those criteria

I say the NBA should make a special Kobe logo, and put it on the All-Star jerseys. Then Nike replaces the swoosh (or Jumpman) with the Nike Kobe logo. Then the proceeds from the sale of those All-Star jerseys go to Kobe's foundation.

We really out here starting Tony Snell rn. He been hitting his 3s at a great rate lately tho and playing decent defense so credit to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom