⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
These laker hot takes funny.

Don’t want to sound like an ***, but I can’t see how Mike Conley is being serious.

I thought advanced stats had gone too far a long time ago and now I’m reading somewhere someone is tracking potential assists. That’s wild.

r/sixers - Look how insane Embiid’s midrange is

bruh that middy is so filthy, every time i see him step back off 1 foot i already know what time it is

“I was really happy for Ben,” he said. “I was pretty positive he would make it. Coaches look at the whole game; they look at all the things that Ben does. It’s funny, every coach I talked to — literally every Eastern coach I talked to, when I said, ‘Hey, I’m calling on behalf of Ben and Tobias,’ they were like, ‘Ben? Why are you calling about him?’ It was funny how they looked at it and how the outside world looked at it. I thought that was interesting. I was pretty confident. I told Ben, ‘There’s no way you’re not (in).’

“I was really hoping for Tobias. I do believe he deserves it. He’s been an All-Star player this year for us. We have the best record in the East. Because of that and the way he’s played, I thought he deserved to be on it. I think we have to keep analyzing how guys get numbers and how they affect winning.”

Coaches know the deal about ben, let the outside world keep sleeping and half this thread "Because he dont shoot 3s"

Danny Almost. :lol:

I'd honestly rather them use it in the offseason anyways TBH. Just punt on this fake season, get Kemba healthy, find someone to augment the offense in the offseason with that TPE and be ready for when fans are in seats.

I still think this year when healthy their ceiling is a 5 seed and ECF appearance at the COVID cup.

steph is averaging 30 on 32% usage. He’s the cog. Everything is ran through him, he just isn’t dribbling up the court every time.

Good for him and his team is 2 games from being the 12 seed ,he’s not doing any better with this current Lakers roster.

Heard Nick Wright on the Dan Patrick Show this morning talking about Kyrie’s tweet about the NBA logo. Said one reason the league isn’t inclined to make a change is because they already own the logo with the West likeness and can use it all they want for free. If they use someone else, that person (or his estate) will have to get a royalty on everything on which the new logo appears. I wonder if that’s more a rationalization than a real reason? Like if the NBA approaches Vanessa about making Kobe the figure on the logo, is she really going to try to get a bunch of money out of it? I doubt it.

Heard Nick Wright on the Dan Patrick Show this morning talking about Kyrie’s tweet about the NBA logo. Said one reason the league isn’t inclined to make a change is because they already own the logo with the West likeness and can use it all they want for free. If they use someone else, that person (or his estate) will have to get a royalty on everything on which the new logo appears. I wonder if that’s more a rationalization than a real reason? Like if the NBA approaches Vanessa about making Kobe the figure on the logo, is she really going to try to get a bunch of money out of it? I doubt it.

I can see that being a reason not move forward with the proposal, but that's definitely not a reason to start the process. What's the issue with the logo though?

I can see that being a reason not move forward with the proposal, but that's definitely not a reason to start the process. What's the issue with the logo though?

I don’t think anyone really has a problem with the current logo (except maybe Jerry West himself, who seems to be a bit embarrassed it’s him), but its more so that people feel it would be appropriate for the NBA logo to feature a black player because it’s a predominantly black league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom