⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean you wanted to get rid of charges altogether tho :lol:
Yeah, cause it's gotten totally out of hand. You can't really stop what I am talking about I don't think because its "within the confines of the rules" so just get rid of it altogether.

Run out there and create a danger to get the ball back. I am just not rolling.

I have let it go though, it's not going to be changed any time soon.

Not a fan of this in the game of basketball

thunderdoubleflop.gif

This is a textbook charge tho. A uncoordinated lumbering big coming down the paint would make ANY defender in the paint light up with joy :lol:

Giannis would have euro stepped. Get better.

How is this not legit defense? If you can't avoid a charge in that situation you shouldn't be driving

It's just a matter of opinion. I don't like the "run to a spot and fall on your back" play in basketball. Like I said it's just one area of the game I don't appreciate. Rather defenders be allowed to stop the driving player in his tracks and the physicality overlooked unless it's some blatant shoulder to the chest running back ****.

I remember in high school one my teammates broke his collarbone taking a charge...coach couldn't get me to take one in practice or game the rest of my time in high school if he paid me.

This is a textbook charge tho. A uncoordinated lumbering big coming down the paint would make ANY defender in the paint light up with joy :lol:

It is. What I'm saying is I don't like the rule/play.

The same way people don't like the shooter jumping into the defense.

I think offensive fouls definitely gonna get looked at after the season

especially for bigs and the lunging into a defender

It's just a matter of opinion. I don't like the "run to a spot and fall on your back" play in basketball. Like I said it's just one area of the game I don't appreciate. Rather defenders be allowed to stop the driving player in his tracks and the physicality overlooked unless it's some blatant shoulder to the chest running back ****.

Lebron would average 57 points per game

The rip through isn’t that bad to me. It isn’t automatic FTs (unless penalty) and the only person who abuses the rip through right now is Embiid.

But part of it is not having the hand in the cookie jar

Was watching his UK mixtape with Fox this morning as well.He was hella explosive and fun to watch with Fox they were a perfect mix .

LaMelo done changed the Hornets trajectory. Made Rozier more comfortable playing next to him and Hayward . They suddenly not that small in the backcourt since LaMelo can rebound and isn't a train wreck on defense.
D Graham would be a nice pickup for a contender if he gets back healthy...Instant offense off the bench

all-star gm should experiment with nba players calling their own fouls
it'll be like pick up ball :pimp:

I remember in high school one my teammates broke his collarbone taking a charge...coach couldn't get me to take one in practice or game the rest of my time in high school if he paid me.
I sprained my wrist Jr year on one cause I didn't fall correctly. I wanna say this is why I never liked taking one but I never really did in the first place. I still knew it was the right play most of the time especially in hs where kids are outta control.

Do you mean falling on your back with or without contact? If there’s contact, defender stopped and is outside of the restricted area, that’s a textbook charge.

How would a defender stop the driving player in his tracks?

I sprained my wrist Jr year on one cause I didn't fall correctly. I wanna say this is why I never liked taking one but I never really did in the first place. I still knew it was the right play most of the time especially in hs where kids are outta control.

Exactly risk vs reward was never worth it to me. Sit me on the bench dawg idc I'm 5'10 I know my hoop dreams end after graduation. I'm in this for fun, to leave school early, and for girls.

My only problem with charges are when the offensive player is in the air and the defender slides into place under him.
It's dangerous as hell and should be considered a flagrant foul on the defender. Don't just protect players beyond the line.
That's not a charge tho, it's supposed to be a blocking foul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom