⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s that way because of who is delivering the message.

Got people like Nate Duncan weaponizing analytics so that the take away becomes “I never played the game, I’m a jerk and me and my spread sheet know more about the game than you ever will”.

Melo dunked that like I was after I stopped hooping and walked in the gym like I still had it.

Analytics.....meh. If you're more comfortable with a 17 footer, shoot that instead of running behind the line where the shot is harder 'cause it's further away.

It’s that way because of who is delivering the message.

Got people like Nate Duncan weaponizing analytics so that the take away becomes “I never played the game, I’m a jerk and me and my spread sheet know more about the game than you ever will”.

Like 5% of basketball fans know who Nate Duncan is. I listen to dunked on....and he for sure is smug, dismissive and comes off like a dude who just started watching ball. I never liked the way he’d talk to His old co-host Danny. That said, the other side of analytics is mainstream basketball media. Which is the most popular form of ball consumption. Inside the nba, bleacher report, the jump, highlights etc. Those are all “anti analytics” mediums....and they’ve demonized it, and acted like the nba is strictly money ball......and all of the teams play like the Rockets or something,

Like, these same mediums have you thinking that mid range shooting g is dead ((although all the best scorers utilize midrange still). And the big man is “dead”....Although Jokic & Embiid are top 10 players and candidates, and there are a wealth of unicorns.

Basketball media coverage has been so poor over the last 6 years. The last time they got it right, was the Spurs in 2014. Downhill ever since.

“Nerds” believe Benjamin should be shooting 3s because *analytics*

That’s how you know things ain’t right lol

Nate never let's Danny Talk ever and Danny makes better points usually. Always wondered why he stuck around for it.

wavycrocket wavycrocket .

Hollinger and Duncan's flaw right now is that they're the game guy. I wish Duncd on didn't go totally paid it was one of my favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom