⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen is good, but I wouldn’t want Houston to pay him over the summer. Plus they got a FRP and shedded Prince’s salary.
Will be interesting to see what they get for Oladipo, I guess.

Will ultimately be a question of "is this a better contract to take back than just paying Jarrett Allen would've been?"

@amitt5504

Speaking about the ASG in general, not just 2021.

In general, to "demand" (which we do) that dudes go hard / play like they mean it in a meaningless exhibition game is ridiculous.
Most of them DON'T want to be there, who can blame them, so it will show.

Sure, you can reference 1992 or 2001 as competitive affairs but to EXPECT it is unreasonable.

On any level of basketball, ASGs are exhibition games. They aren't taken seriously so when the best in the world are placed in that setting why are they tasked to "prove they are the best" when they already do that for 82 games in an actual season.

I just think our expectations are very unreasonable.

I beg to differ. if you think that exhibition games are meaningless, might as well don't do them at all. it's not just about proving who is the best but rather try to compete. this is the reason why ASGs nowadays are now a joke. players stopped competing and fans are losing interest. I remember when we as fans root seriously and religiously for our side and treat it as the Game of Games aside from the NBA FINALS. it was highly fun and enjoyable to watch like a championship game. this is the reason why mediocre crappers are invited to play in the ASG to gain support from the dwindling number of crowd attendees. remember, it is still a basketball event, not a circus attraction.

Will be interesting to see what they get for Oladipo, I guess.

Will ultimately be a question of "is this a better contract to take back than just paying Jarrett Allen would've been?"
On the new article that just released the reports say the rockets are lower on Caris than most and didn’t like the potential pairing of Wood/Allen either.

Hopefully we get something worthwhile for Oladipo

I beg to differ. if you think that exhibition games are meaningless, might as well don't do them at all. it's not just about proving who is the best but rather try to compete. this is the reason why ASGs nowadays are now a joke. players stopped competing and fans are losing interest. I remember when we as fans root seriously and religiously for our side and treat it as the Game of Games aside from the NBA FINALS. it was highly fun and enjoyable to watch like a championship game. this is the reason why mediocre crappers are invited to play in the ASG to gain support from the dwindling number of crowd attendees. remember, it is still a basketball event, not a circus attraction.

Plenty of fans are still interested.

See my point about the target audience of the ASG. (It isn't the NT type).

"Might as well don't do them at all" - Ugh, it is a business. It will always exist.

It is meaningless to many of the players. Many would prefer NOT to be there.

They don't owe US anything. They can "compete" when it matters.

It doesn't MATTER in an ASG no matter what yall believe,

Doest matter, money is everything. ASG brings revenue.

It doesnt really matter if its good or not as long as its financially beneficial which it obviously is.

Plenty of fans are still interested.

See my point about the target audience of the ASG. (It isn't the NT type).

"Might as well don't do them at all" - Ugh, it is a business. It will always exist.

It is meaningless to many of the players. Many would prefer NOT to be there.

They don't owe US anything. They can "compete" when it matters.

It doesn't MATTER in an ASG no matter what yall believe,
I get your point. so the NBA's target audience prefer selling and watching this stuff instead.
khaled.jpg

On the new article that just released the reports say the rockets are lower on Caris than most and didn’t like the potential pairing of Wood/Allen either.

Hopefully we get something worthwhile for Oladipo
I don't entirely disagree - just think there's probably a chance your potential return on eventually flipping LeVert/Allen is higher than what you're gonna get off Oladipo.

Oladipo felt like a straight up "we're moving off cash commitments" play - and now to pivot and take back money feels like it would be a weird 180.

Eh, relative. It was also the least viewed ASG ever

Yah, that argument does not work either.

Because when the NBA re ups their TV rights, theyre prolly going to get more than the last one even though they have less tv viewers now.

Viewership is measured differently these days.

Viewership only matters if it makes your TV rights deal worth less.

NBA is prolly gonna double the viewership rights again. So theyre happy.

In fact all the hardcores complaining is good business, it shows the NBA no matter what they do, you nerds will watch anyways.

And those who wont watch, who cares. Some casual will take your spot anyways.

All this ASG and Oladipo talk reminded me of one of the most iconic ASG x Pacers moments.....

You just know MJ calls Jermaine O’Neal a BAN to this day :lol: The XVIIs and XVIIIs are underrated too btw. The Lightning XVII (which he rocked the previous year’s ASG) lows were :smokin Matter of fact, XVII through XX were all spicy.

I stopped collecting around Jordan 23 but two of my boys drove from Pittsburgh to the DMV to cop the Titanium’s at Downtown Locker Room ( B Sox B Sox DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican frshstunna frshstunna VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL wavycrocket wavycrocket - if they know, they know) when they dropped. Only one was able to secure a pair. This man is a solid 10.5-11 and all that was available was an 8.5. Not only did he cop, he as a grown adult with a wife and kid actually squeezes his feet into them to rock from time to time. Couldn’t be me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom