⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my thing. Not a defense of meyers leonard but more of a support of free speech. Hear me out .

noone on this board knows meyers leonard. Noone here has ever sat down with him or heard a conversation without a camera in front of him.

Could he be a bad dude ? yeah maybe. Could he have racist thoughts? Sure. So can the pakistani deli owner. Or the chinese food delivery guy. Or the hispanic mechanic. We are all free to personal belief- whatever they are. It is when these ideas form in a hateful / malicious manner that it becomes a problem.

him standing up during the anthem - and the reason he stated - was for his brother. He is free to do that. Agree with it ? Nah i dont think so. Maybe the statement they were trying to get across is bigger than himself and he should ponder( and according to reports, did agonize) his decision. But he has the right to do whatever he pleases. What means more to his life ? His brother or his teammates who wont pass him the ball? easy to say “ hey shut up and just do what everyone else is doing” . fact - he showed us his colors instead of hide .

so when i say that it might as well be a massage therapist , what i mean is that it SHOULDNT matter what one individual says or thinks. The battle for equality probably wont be won in a witchhunt for every individual who utters a derogatory term. i just think this current form of digesting every single thing a public figure does or says is toxic and frankly stupid lol
All I got from this post is that you don't understand what "free speech" actually means

gridebounca whered ya cop tha horns ?

horns.jpg

And I dont give a f what 6 pts 3 rebs meyers leonard does. I was using this instance as an example to highlight how ridiculous this 24/7 outrage and cancel culture is. next thing we know its the ballboy from the nuggets one time throwin up a gang sign in a throwback pic or discovering russell westbrook once called a female a ***.

but all yall potato chip stained t shirt, dr pepper drinkin intellectuals in this thread can decipher is “ hes allowing racist to be racist!” :lol:

miss me with the jokes. Ima keep posting whatever I feel like. Try and get me outta here :lol:
Are you black or have you ever had sex with a lot of black women and how do you feel about polo shirts?

I always wonder about stuff like this...

Does it look better or worse that he still hasn't thrown that Notes apology out there yet? It's not like he is gonna say anything different than all the other people have said.

Heres my thing. Not a defense of meyers leonard but more of a support of free speech. Hear me out .

noone on this board knows meyers leonard. Noone here has ever sat down with him or heard a conversation without a camera in front of him.

Could he be a bad dude ? yeah maybe. Could he have racist thoughts? Sure. So can the pakistani deli owner. Or the chinese food delivery guy. Or the hispanic mechanic. We are all free to personal belief- whatever they are. It is when these ideas form in a hateful / malicious manner that it becomes a problem.

him standing up during the anthem - and the reason he stated - was for his brother. He is free to do that. Agree with it ? Nah i dont think so. Maybe the statement they were trying to get across is bigger than himself and he should ponder( and according to reports, did agonize) his decision. But he has the right to do whatever he pleases. What means more to his life ? His brother or his teammates who wont pass him the ball? easy to say “ hey shut up and just do what everyone else is doing” . fact - he showed us his colors instead of hide .

so when i say that it might as well be a massage therapist , what i mean is that it SHOULDNT matter what one individual says or thinks. The battle for equality probably wont be won in a witchhunt for every individual who utters a derogatory term. i just think this current form of digesting every single thing a public figure does or says is toxic and frankly stupid lol

F14D502C-03A5-4F54-B568-AB3A6E5390A3.jpeg

1F5EDAD7-155C-48AE-894B-A6F52CEFE305.gif

All I got from this post is that you don't understand what "free speech" actually means

I’ve just resigned my self to the fact that, no matter how often what it actually means gets explained on TV on Social Media, etc., a majority of Americans are going to continue to think “Freedom of Speech” = “getting to say whatever you want whenever without consequences from anyone.”

Would be nice if it was that simple. Wouldn’t have had to spend a good month of Constitutional Law class in law school learning about it.

And I dont give a f what 6 pts 3 rebs meyers leonard does. I was using this instance as an example to highlight how ridiculous this 24/7 outrage and cancel culture is. next thing we know its the ballboy from the nuggets one time throwin up a gang sign in a throwback pic or discovering russell westbrook once called a female a ***.

but all yall potato chip stained t shirt, dr pepper drinkin intellectuals in this thread can decipher is “ hes allowing racist to be racist!” :lol:

tenor.gif

Any smoke to John Wall to the Clippers?

I’ve heard nothing about that.

Lowry’s name getting tossed around a lot, but would require the Clips to give up (probably) PatBev, Lou and Zu (assuming the Raps are not interested in Kennard, which I am).

miss me with the jokes. Ima keep posting whatever I feel like. Try and get me outta here :lol:

People call it “cancel culture” to make it sound like accountability is this unreasonable concept and nobody should be accountable for the racist, abhorrent stuff they say.

🤡

Yeah, no way this ends poorly for you :lol:

No way

Very proud of you and agree with this post.

People call it “cancel culture” to make it sound like accountability is this unreasonable concept and nobody should be accountable for the racist, abhorrent stuff they say.

🤡
source.gif

The types always railing against 'cancel culture' are pretty much saying they're anti-accountability however much they try to preach about personal responsibility :lol:

Personal responsibility when it comes to others but miss them with that consequence life it comes to doing or saying slick bigoted **** >D

Last edited:

LOL what a stupid statement

Yes please keep posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom