⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draymond really didn’t attempt a single shot :lol: We’ll see if his approach changes when Klay returns next year but he can’t play 38 mins in the playoffs and score 6 points. I don’t care how good he thinks he is on defense. This isn’t the 90s
Ingram = Floor raiser
Siakiam = ceiling raiser.

Like Ingram is more equipped to carry your offense to a respectable level.

but i'd rather have Siakiam as a 3rd option on a championship level team.

the switchable wing defense Siakiam provides is more valuable in late round playoff series.
Only thought here is BI is only 23, so it can go either way. His game can either stay here forever or he can evolve on both ends. You certainly can’t assume additional improvement but he’s so young and has made significant strides.

Pascal young too but he’s closer to the wrong side of 30 than Brandon is.

Again I don't even know why I try this Harden debate, there's people who have called him objectively the offensive player in history.

Are these “people” you mention basketball fans that are posting in the sports section of a sneaker forum from their mobile/computing devices or paid actors sitting in front of a camera in a studio somewhere in Manhattan or Bristol, CT?

Yeah, I think where we mainly disagree on him is with his ceiling. I think he is what he is and don’t expect much additional improvement from him. It’s not that common for guys who have already been starters their whole careers to really level up in defense, rebounding and playmaking after year 4 or 5.

But I could be wrong. I certainly didn’t anticipate Julius Randle becoming an every-night triple-double threat and that happened.
Something they have in common? They were both on that same lakers team with the weird collection of talent. Ingram's first year away from L.A., his numbers went up across the board. Literally, everything went up, points, rebounds, assists, 3pt shooting..... I don't think he's peaked less than 100 games away from being a Laker; especially since he still averages less than 20 attempts a game.

I'm also not a fan of SVG's rotations and how he lets him get away with standing in the corner so often.

For those who never saw Barkley play when he was a Sixer, that's who Zion is right now.

Zion better hope he doesn't have a ringless career like Sir Charles though cause EYE think Zion is an exact clone of Barkley's style of play. An undersized 4 who plays like a bruising big man who can handle the rock, play above the rim with force, and can go coast to coast and is virtually impossible to stop when he's 3 feet away from the basket

Isiah is so damb petty and refuses to let go of this. For Throwback Thursday he post a 2.5 year old video of Kareem saying MJ isn’t the GOAT :rofl: :smh:

Here was the tweet that started it all. As you can imagine, he got roasted in the comments :lol:

For those who never saw Barkley play when he was a Sixer, that's who Zion is right now.

Zion better hope he doesn't have a ringless career like Sir Charles though cause EYE think Zion is an exact clone of Barkley's style of play. An undersized 4 who plays like a bruising big man who can handle the rock, play above the rim with force, and can go coast to coast and is virtually impossible to stop when he's 3 feet away from the basket
That’s actually a really good comparison

Steven Adams isn't calling for the ball when it should be in zion's hands though

not saying he is I agree Zion should have had the ball more in the fourth but Adams does nothing for this team. Zion gets to the rack at will and Adams lives in the paint . It’s much easier for Zion to score or make a play if he ain’t in the paint . Teams will just load the paint and Bledsoe or Adams ain’t **** . Averaging 8 and 9 while playing no defense what are u good for . He can’t finish gets fouled and shoots 45
From the ft .

Only Randle has played more minutes than the fitness legend this season.

71F6A5E8-F753-43CF-AC3B-8BD82498DCFB.jpeg

Draymond really didn’t attempt a single shot :lol: We’ll see if his approach changes when Klay returns next year but he can’t play 38 mins in the playoffs and score 6 points. I don’t care how good he thinks he is on defense. This isn’t the 90s

Only thought here is BI is only 23, so it can go either way. His game can either stay here forever or he can evolve on both ends. You certainly can’t assume additional improvement but he’s so young and has made significant strides.

Pascal young too but he’s closer to the wrong side of 30 than Brandon is.
sure maybe, i was just talking right now.

i very much doubt he's ever going to provide the defensive impact of a siakiam but i guess it's possible as Siakam declines physically.

not saying he is I agree Zion should have had the ball more in the fourth but Adams does nothing for this team. Zion gets to the rack at will and Adams lives in the paint . It’s much easier for Zion to score or make a play if he ain’t in the paint . Teams will just load the paint and Bledsoe or Adams ain’t **** . Averaging 8 and 9 while playing no defense what are u good for . He can’t finish gets fouled and shoots 45
From the ft .
You're making arguments that support how Adams might not necessarily be the best big for this team but he is not directly impacting Zion's growth

Zion has shown that the only thing that stops him from scoring is not having the ball, honestly.

Adams has understood from day one what to do when Zion is on the court.

What Adams says in this clip, BI doesn't understand yet

Ingram doesn't have to say it in an interview, man. He spends half the game in the corner near the bench. He averages 20+ per game; he has to take some shots.

You're making arguments that support how Adams might not necessarily be the best big for this team but he is not directly impacting Zion's growth

Zion has shown that the only thing that stops him from scoring is not having the ball, honestly.

Adams has understood from day one what to do when Zion is on the court.

What Adams says in this clip, BI doesn't understand yet

He’s one of the worst bigs to put around Zion . Yes I understand Ingram needs to share the ball more he’s blown to many leads for us . But when u surround ur three best players with two people don’t fit ur best players you ain’t gonnna win games . If Adams gets out his way what’s he doing for us ? Lol he’s useless is he helping Zion with the defensive impact since he lacks in defense ? U move adams out the paint guess what no on rotates to Adams since he can’t buy a bucket . No one rotates to. Bledsoe cause he can’t buy a bucket to . Teams will adapt to Zion and force adams or Bledsoe to make a play which they won’t cuz their certified scrubs like Stephan a smith would say

He’s one of the worst bigs to put around Zion . Yes I understand Ingram needs to share the ball more he’s blown to many leads for us . But when u surround ur three best players with two people don’t fit ur best players you ain’t gonnna win games . If Adams gets out his way what’s he doing for us ? Lol he’s useless is he helping Zion with the defensive impact since he lacks in defense ? U move adams out the paint guess what no on rotates to Adams since he can’t buy a bucket . No one rotates to. Bledsoe cause he can’t buy a bucket to . Teams will adapt to Zion and force adams or Bledsoe to make a play which they won’t cuz their certified scrubs like Stephan a smith would say
Spacing is an issue all game, not just in the fourth. Zion has shown that he typically has no problem scoring regardless of spacing.
He's not being stunted there.

Where he's being stunted is not being allowed to properly close in crunch time, and that's not on Adams.

Spacing is an issue all game, not just in the fourth. Zion has shown that he typically has no problem scoring regardless of spacing.
He's not being stunted there.

Where he's being stunted is not being allowed to properly close in crunch time, and that's not on Adams.

We can agree he needs the ball in the fourth I never disagreed he has to be the first option I agree with that . The pelicans ain’t making the playoffs this year . They need a roster change both the vets have to go . Zions game might get easier if he has better personwl around him . He’s shown that he can’t be guarded 1v1 and can finish on anyone

UConn/Iowa game is good. Uconn too talented though. They're gonna take off eventually. Iowa may not have figured out that 13 for UConn is left handed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom