⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a misha misha post if he doesn't tell you how much a player makes

come on man you know I got to include numbers . Guy is trying to justify pascal is better then Ingram cuz he has a better stat line from yesterday’s game .
Would pascal be a better fit for the pels . I highly doubt it he only provides better defense . With a guy like Zion u need shooters to space the floor because he’s gonna draw two players and pascal can’t shoot

Ingram = Floor raiser
Siakiam = ceiling raiser.

Like Ingram is more equipped to carry your offense to a respectable level.

but i'd rather have Siakiam as a 3rd option on a championship level team.

the switchable wing defense Siakiam provides is more valuable in late round playoff series.
This seems pretty fair.

If you’re bringing up hardens playoff games from previous years in an award race for the regular season, you’re missing the point.

if you want to hold the 7 rocket games he tanked, that’s fair.

If you're case for Harden being the MVP is based on him "Carrying" Brooklyn I need to know how it's reasonable to say that when you have another guy on the same team averaging 28/5/6 on 52/40/89 on a higher usage than Harden & Who is also known for his ability to close games in the clutch??

Under any other circumstance (outside of Lebron) nobody would say it's reasonable to claim a player is carrying that team when they have a player delivering that Output, but here we are.

Same thing they Did to CP3, who turned around 2 years later & has a Perennial Loser flirting with a 1 seed

He is the definition of "HE TRICKS YA"LL MAN"

****ty possession up there, but they couldn't get zion the ball after the second inbound. Hell, they were pushed out to half court and didn't even get a shot up. Ingram had like 35 the night before on great shooting. Yall really be remembering what yall want. He was trash last night though.

Not really. My opinion of Ingram is based on his entire body of work. He’s a good, not great player. Best suited as a 3rd option, IMO. And I’m not sure he’s the best fit with Zion.

Yet he has worse numbers for the season that should answer your question guy shoots 29 %from three .
Siakam is a better defender, rebounder, and has more impact on the game than Ingram.

Ingram has a +/- of 0.2.

Empty stats

Ingram = Floor raiser
Siakiam = ceiling raiser.

Like Ingram is more equipped to carry your offense to a respectable level.

but i'd rather have Siakiam as a 3rd option on a championship level team.

the switchable wing defense Siakiam provides is more valuable in late round playoff series.

But he’s not a third option he’s the first on the raptors

Wish this was handy for yesterday’s debate about scoring single digits but creating 34 points for other :smh:. Jim is averaging 25PPG for himself and others! No wonder Blake Griffin said last night “He just makes the game so easy for you”

He's Luka Doncic most obvious comparable
but the lack of melanin got people stuck on Larry Bird comparisons. :lol:

If you're case for Harden being the MVP is based on him "Carrying" Brooklyn I need to know how it's reasonable to say that when you have another guy on the same team averaging 28/5/6 on 52/40/89 on a higher usage than Harden & Who is also known for his ability to close games in the clutch??

Under any other circumstance (outside of Lebron) nobody would say it's reasonable to claim a player is carrying that team when they have a player delivering that Output, but here we are.

none of these MVP candidates are carrying anyone though. That’s not the argument in the 2021 MVP race. All the superstars have help

But he’s not a third option he’s the first on the raptors

im aware.

im just saying imo they are comparable levels of players.
they just have different skill sets that can be more or less valuable depending on the context.

like no way would I take this version of ingram over Siakiam on the Raptor championship team.

but on a team that needs offensive creation Id want ingram.

Siakam is a better defender, rebounder, and has more impact on the game than Ingram.

Ingram has a +/- of 0.2.

Empty stats

But he can’t play make and can’t shoot ? Where’s the offense gonna come from the pelicans ? Eric Bledsoe Steven Adams ? Ingram can work on defense . We got people in here talking about third option but he was supposed to be the franchise player on the raptors

Ingram has a +/- of 0.2.

Empty stats

while those intangibles holds true, one of the better aspect would be to delegate the game to Zion during crunch time. I wouldn't put the ball in either Siakam or Ingram. and from what I have seen, Ingram has the tendency to ballhog during crucial times. not saying it's a bad thing but it's bad when you are not making the shots or turning the ball over. too bad the Pelicans didn't keep Davis.

im aware.

im just saying imo they are comparable levels of players.
they just have different skill sets that can be more or less valuable depending on the context.

like no way would I take this version of ingram over Siakiam on the Raptor championship team.

but on a team that needs offensive creation Id want ingram.

Bro ur comparing pascal two years ago . I’m saying this year . How would bi play with Kyle Lowry and kAwhi Leonard u never know . Would you swap this Ingram for this pascal . The game comes much easier when u have kAwhi scoring and playing defense and Kyle Lowry leading ur team .

I gotta reward the continuity. Jokic leading the race right now. (If Joel is "disqualified")

4 game difference between the Nuggets and Nets is moot when you factor in the 8 games Harden didn't play as a Net.

Harden should win if the nets are first in the east and nuggets ain’t top 3 . If Joel finished the season and they were first or second it def should have to embid

Not really. My opinion of Ingram is based on his entire body of work. He’s a good, not great player. Best suited as a 3rd option, IMO. And I’m not sure he’s the best fit with Zion.
I'd wait to do anything considering his age and the team's point guard situation. And I'm assuming you mean his Lakers years too. He wasn't the same player then, especially that last year. The first couple were pick up games with a weird collection of players and the last was playing with Bron. I legit wouldn't count those years at all. The "taking possessions" talk is wild considering I think he should average more attempts.

Lol yeah? Houston is in a rebuild. That's a good place for him.

I’m talking about how them running that style of play has potentially killed off PJ’s legs lol. Running him at center and having no real center on the roster for versatility was very taxing on him, and there’s a chance that makes him useless for the Bucks

none of these MVP candidates are carrying anyone though. That’s not the argument in the 2021 MVP race. All the superstars have help

This is true, but every time the Harden narrative is brought up it's attached to this false idea that he's carrying Bum's to victories on his shoulder & it's annoying when he quite literally has someone playing on his level if not Better.

Embiid gonna get knocked for missing time for an injury
Lebron gonna get knocked for missing time for an injury
Giannis gonna get knocked for Being consistent
James is gonna get a pass for willingly quitting on tenth of the season, and putting up numbers next to another Top Tier offensive threat

it's extremely inconsistent

He been great since that trade and with Embiid and Bron getting injured he probably is frontrunner now. He came through at the perfect time for them.

I don't know if he saved their reputations though. :lol:

KD and Kyrie got rings, he might be saving his reputation. Harden's rep is funny until he does this in the playoffs.
Saying “save their rep” was a hot take, I’ll admit that :lol: But, if KD was injured, Kyrie was still taking mental health days and going on paternity leave and Jim was on another team, you KNOW the media would be at their necks talking about how they are washed and the whole BKN thing was a failed experiment of two frail superstars teaming up. I’m not saying that as my opinion, just how I feel the media would spin it.

amitt5504 amitt5504 mentioned last page that Jim put Myrie in his ideal role and unlocked the best version of him which is as an off ball guard and secondary ball handler. I agree but I also think another part of the value Jim provides is that he can carry the team with both KD/Myrie or if KD is out. We know how solo Kyrie led teams end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom