⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zion just fell asleep on defense on both of those plays. He really let washed Blake do him up. Zion needs to at least try to play defense if he's going to be that guy

What center would have a chance against Kyrie in a one-on-one situation? He cooks elite defending wings.

I agree that Adams is no longer a starting quality player, but that particular play isn’t really the proof.

Adams has become an easy target as the reason for the Pelicans lack of success, but he’s just a part of it.
Adams is a 5 that can't switch onto ball handlers or protect the rim. That's a bad foundation for a defense.

Not saying he's the only problem but a big that can switch and/or protect the rim can help lots. For one thing more players can stay at home on shooters instead of getting sucked into the paint to help.

Jalen Brunson 🙂 and he's 4 years younger
Good call, I didn’t think about Brunson even though I’ve been watching him since his Nova days :lol: . They’re asked to do different things and add their own unique value but Brunson is legit so I can agree with this. TeeJ is definitely slept on, though IMO.

Brunson, TJ, Monte Morris but the real answer is Dinwiddie he just needs to rest up

What center would have a chance against Kyrie in a one-on-one situation? He cooks elite defending wings.

I agree that Adams is no longer a starting quality player, but that particular play isn’t really the proof.

Adams has become an easy target as the reason for the Pelicans lack of success, but he’s just a part of it.
Adams isn’t switchable at all & has to play drop in the pick & roll. That play is an example of his deficiencies, an extreme one sure but an example nonetheless.

He’s ill equipped to guard on the perimeter which in today’s league is not something you can afford to just throw your hands up and say “well what center can?” :lol: You gotta go find one who can, they do exist.

Zion can play 1-5 on offense but I don't think he's capable of playing 4 or 5 on d. That's a problem. Either he learns how to guard at those positions or Pels have to tinker their team so he can play the 3 on d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom