⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adams isn’t switchable at all & has to play drop in the pick & roll. That play is an example of his deficiencies, an extreme one sure but an example nonetheless.

He’s ill equipped to guard on the perimeter which in today’s league is not something you can afford to just throw your hands up and say “well what center can?” :lol: You gotta go find one who can, they do exist.

Yes, they exist. Is it easy to find and acquire one? Can they just cut Adams and find a better Center?

Yes, they exist. Is it easy to find and acquire one? Can they just cut Adams and find a better Center?
They’re top 10 in offense and last in defense, he doesn’t help on either end. Whenever they’re ready to contend he can’t be playing big minutes for them with his shortcomings.

There’s absolutely zero downside in getting his salary off the books. Put 4 shooters on the floor & they’re still last in defense but probably jump to top 5 in offense.

Certainly not easy to find a modern 5 but you gotta try.

They’re top 10 in offense and last in defense, he doesn’t help on either end. Whenever they’re ready to contend he can’t be playing big minutes for them with his shortcomings.

There’s absolutely zero downside in getting his salary off the books. Put 4 shooters on the floor & they’re still last in defense but probably jump to top 5 in offense.

Certainly not easy to find a modern 5 but you gotta try.

I agree that they should try to upgrade at center. But it’s more more easily said than done and I think Pels fans are going a bit OD on making Adams the scapegoat for everything that’s wrong with the team.

wavycrocket wavycrocket look at Mike fight for his player. He ain't that bad.

:lol: @ him almost taking the ball with him

He should be fired for that. Unacceptable :smh:

06E7151B-C4B9-40F2-8840-55A3A450F0B5.jpeg

I agree that they should try to upgrade at center. But it’s more more easily said than done and I think Pels fans are going a bit OD on making Adams the scapegoat for everything that’s wrong with the team.
Zion is damn near a modern day Shaq, BI is a very effective iso scorer & has flashed solid playmaking ability. Lonzo has worked his way into being an effective combo guard. I absolutely think they’d be a playoff team this year if they had shooters in place of Bledsoe & Adams who play soooooo many minutes for them and provide a lot of nothing.

But ultimately if they want to get to the 2nd round & beyond Zion has to become a better defender and/or they need something closer to a modern 5 than they have right now

Adams is not the only problem but just saying that in fixing that position is where I'd start.

Can make the case that Zion could be the weakest link on d, but he's also one of the most important players on offense. Zo is a solid defender. Ingram is ok on d. Bledsoe can't defend as well as he used to but he does more on d than Adams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom