⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
1618369629665.gif

If time, money and words, all things that are quintessential to our existence, are fake then what is real?
Therein lies the point. A lot of things that we just go through life considering to be absolutes are totally arbitrary nonsense that enough people said are fact so it became so. Human society is founded upon herding.

Someone just randomly decided that the number ten should be the first number to have double digits in it. Why? Who knows why? We just know ten is 10 and just accept it.

Not telling anyone that the whole system needs to be re-underwritten but a lot of what society is based on arbitrary stuff.

Therein lies the point. A lot of things that we just go through life considering to be absolutes are totally arbitrary nonsense that enough people said are fact so it became so. Human society is founded upon herding.

Someone just randomly decided that the number ten should be the first number to have double digits in it. Why? Who knows why?

There actually are people who know why.

There actually are people who know why.
There's no one who actually knows "why", the design of "ten" is a totally made up thing. Who's to say the number "eight" shouldn't have the two digit design of "ten"

Same goes for letters. Who decided these shapes? And why? They're legit nonsense scribbles that we have assigned value to.

There's no one who actually knows "why", the design of "ten" is a totally made up thing. Who's to say the number "eight" shouldn't have the two digit design of "ten"

Same goes for letters. Who decided these shapes? And why? They're legit nonsense scribbles that we have assigned value to.

You are just flat out wrong.

The assigned value to words, numbers, and shapes?

3387D0F6-3E87-4826-8173-955E106E9D4F.jpeg

I would like to see y’all really sink your teeth into the debate.

Damn...wht’s the ACL recovery time these days? Will he miss next season as well?
depends on where and how the condition is or part of the injury, also don't forget the therapy, strengthening and recovery time. the least is 4-6 weeks with ROM rehab. advisable time would be not less than 3 months, best case scenario. typically nowadays, for athletes, athletic doctors would recommend microfracture surgery rather than the simple screwing. the recovery time is pretty much close requiring 4-6 weeks.

You should probably dig deeper into this kinda stuff if you're interested. Like there's a reason why the alphabet has 26 letters and they have the shapes and sounds that they do. The calendar we go off of is Gregorian created and instituted by the catholic church. There's a lot to all of it

You should probably dig deeper into this kinda stuff if you're interested. Like there's a reason why the alphabet has 26 letters and they have the shapes and sounds that they do. The calendar we go off of is Gregorian created and instituted by the catholic church. There's a lot to all of it
I have previously. Done a fair amount of reading on the history of it all. Very interesting but it's still at end of the day created from thin air. But the logic and process to make them absolutes is astounding.

Someone just randomly decided that the number ten should be the first number to have double digits in it. Why? Who knows why? We just know ten is 10 and just accept it.

Not telling anyone that the whole system needs to be re-underwritten but a lot of what society is based on arbitrary stuff.
I agree with the bolded 100% but what is your pushback against the arbitrarily created values? I see one could come to the conclusion that it’s herd mentality but is there anything wrong with it?

Take the 3-point line for example. It was arbitrarily created in the 60s then adjusted multiple times until it was deemed “just right” and that’s what we recognize as a three pointer. In college, specifically, the three point line has moved several times and with each move the arbitrary distance was moved for a reason which I understand.

What reason would there be to make “ten” actually be “eight” and vice versa? Or make days be 12 hours instead of 24? I’m not saying these arbitrary assignments are correct or even accurate but I don’t inherently see anything wrong with these arbitrary but most importantly universal constructs of money, vernacular and timekeeping that have been created.

So he knows the positions, what it means to hit fourth in the lineup, could've went to the MLB, but doesn't know anything about the sport or Alex Rodriguez?

First off, that whole interview seemed fake for some reason. Like one of those YouTube videos where they splice a person asking random questions to a celeb with the responses from a completely different situation/interview. I think it was just her cadence :lol:

Second, and most importantly, has Anthony Edwards just been out here telling Duck Tales to for the soundbites and buzz?

I mean the only reason I know who A Rod is was cause of the steroids scandal and that missed Ant.

A Rod was the man when he was like five years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom