⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water fasting.

Dry fasting.

Completely depends on your goals. Assuming your trying to manipulate body mass (gain/lose fat/weight) all of those can be achieved with water fasting. Dry fasting is a whole nother monster.

Also if your doing prolonged fasting (48+ hours), water may not be enough. You must bring in electrolytes, and no that's not gatorade/powerade which are just bull**** and sugar. Sodium, potassium, magnesium etc. are what you need.

Protein shakes are a complete waste of money if the possibility of actual food exists. There cool on the run or in a pinch, but quality protein and nutrients should come from the food you eat. I've created a bad habit with smoothie king I've now got to kick. Most shakes are just sugar and crappy protein forms (soy) anyway.

Protein shakes are for convenience it shouldnt replace real food. I have a tub at all times at home but at the most drink twice a week. I mix like a lil on my greek yogurt since the low cal greek yogurt can taste bad

Greek Yogurt is so terrible anyone who says differently is lying. For breakfast, I have a smoothie and mix some in, only way to really hide the taste of it.

I am in the second-best shape of my life thanks to quarantine really, so this topic was good to read. Just trying to figure out how to be most effective with my goals and keep things progressing.

After the gym I'll have two scoops of protein powder with water. Thats a waste in theory?

Technically, after you workout you'd want to replace glucose and sodium, the two things you lose during your workout that your body/muscles need. However, most people with alot of bodyfat and not that much muscle really don't have to worry about that. It's just we're conditioned in this society to think so many things about nutrition which are flat out untrue.

Directly after the gym you might as well just eat a meal. Drinking a protein shake isn't some magical potion that's going to fill your muscles up and immediately make you stronger. Whatever you want. Like I said before, it's directly tied to your goals.

Digestion is another big issue that I can't even get into because everyone's body adapts differently and has allergies etc.

Ironically, sources say Philadelphia — with Morey having taken over the Sixers’ front office just weeks before Paul was sent to the Suns, and his former Clippers coach, Doc Rivers, part of their program too — made a spirited push to land Paul. The Sixers even believed there was some traction on a possible deal. The interest from Paul, however, was not mutual. With Paul targeting Phoenix as the best fit professionally and personally, and Presti in a much-improved negotiating position because of the way Paul had played, the Suns had won the CP sweepstakes.

Would have been interesting if CP landed in Philly.

nyny.jpg

careful what u ask for ?

If all the guys in that picture are actually available for a Knick/Net series, I think the Nets will be in good shape. But that seems like a pretty significant if right now.

and even if allof em START the series, seems like a gar-on-tea that they all wont finish it. real real shtty for any team to lose casue of injuries and not performance no matter who it is :smh:

Is it crazy to think that even though the Nets have a legit super team and title contender, the Knicks are still the talk of NYC rn?

That's how it's coming off as from an outsider perspective but need NYers in here to confirm :lol:

Greek Yogurt is so terrible anyone who says differently is lying. For breakfast, I have a smoothie and mix some in, only way to really hide the taste of it.

I am in the second-best shape of my life thanks to quarantine really, so this topic was good to read. Just trying to figure out how to be most effective with my goals and keep things progressing.

After the gym I'll have two scoops of protein powder with water. Thats a waste in theory?
It depends if you are a big guy or not? Just google macro calculators . I personally do high carb high protein .

40:40:20 protein carbs fat.

Im about 150-160 lbs and try to hit 180 grams of protein and carbs daily. Just try counting your marcos for a few weeks so you can eye ball how much food you actually need. Then you get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom