⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20200510_190915_01__01.jpg
Handsome. And a effective psycho.

I get the sense that the push for someone other than Jokic to be MVP is mostly coming from people who don’t have votes. As I said last week, Joker is going to win and win it decisively.

I get the sense that the push for someone other than Jokic to be MVP is mostly coming from people who don’t have votes. As I said last week, Joker is going to win and win it decisively.
Same situation as last year where dummies thought Bron was going to win MVP because of the “media narrative” only for Giannis to end up with 85 of 101 first place votes.

The media has to have something to talk about. You can't have a debate show if there's nothing to debate, everyone agreeing that Jokic is the MVP doesn't give them anything to scream about. It's the same thing as last year when LeBron all of a sudden entered the MVP race late in the season. Come to find out that Giannis one in a landslide, the same thing will happen here. There will be a lot of discussion about Embiid, CP3 etc but once we see the voting, Jokic will win in a landslide

Same situation as last year where dummies thought Bron was going to win MVP because of the “media narrative” only for Giannis to end up with 85 of 101 first place votes.

Wouldn’t put it past Ramona Shelbourne to vote for Bron again this year based on the logic that the Lakers struggles without him prove how valuable he is. :lol:

Wouldn’t put it past Ramona Shelbourne to vote for Bron again this year based on the logic that the Lakers struggles without him prove how valuable he is. :lol:

Ramona isn't lying though, MVP is 100% a narrative driven award. Why do you think Giannis isn't getting even a sniff at MVP this year regardless of playing at a similar level to his prior to MVP seasons?

Ramona isn't lying though, MVP is 100% a narrative driven award. Why do you think Giannis isn't getting even a sniff at MVP this year regardless of playing at a similar level to his prior to MVP seasons?

I wouldn’t say 100 percent narrative driven. There needs to be some level of team success and individual statistical success to get into the running to begin with, but then narratives start to kick in to help decide who ultimately wins.

Rook played well in extended minutes last night. 15 pts, 9 rebs, 3 steals, 3 blocks. Not exactly sure how skilled he is, but he plays hard as hell. Like maybe too hard :lol:

Think he can figure things out though and things will slow down for him. An actual offseason/summer league/practice would be helpful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom