⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Marketing 101.

1. They're going to generate buzz off of the outrageous price, similar to BBB or when Nipsey sold his mixtape for $100.

2. Celebrities, athletes and influencers will be seen wearing it which will drive sales

3. This is the only official Kobe gear going forward so everyone knows it will become a collector's item in the future

$300 for screen printed hoodies certainly isn't an egalitarian approach but it makes sense from a business perspective.
Al proceeds went to charity last i checked so Vanessa prob fronted all the cash to make the gear and all the money went to charity

props to her

Yes I know she’ll prob get a tax right off but I don’t see anyone else upping the prices and giving all the money to charity

Man, Bron is my GOAT but that comment he made the oyher day saying he’ll never be the same again after the ankle sprain was way too much :lol:

He been doing this tho :lol:. This was waaaaaaay too much as well.

B058063D-5036-4ED8-9A56-B40C67E20A83.jpeg

This was too :lol:

7B7BF7A7-3865-4823-A280-318B1FA6DD0A.png

CEB628A8-E084-412D-8181-74DFC3AF4A05.png

The proceeds from the sweater goes to Mambacita Academy
$300 for yeeyz keep the Kardashians and G wagons.

Right? Did Vanessa ever say she was doing to this as part of a mission to clothe underprivileged kids? I don’t think so.

And the prices she’s charging really all that exorbitant, when you look at other celebrity driven products and collabs. Or just limited boutique type merchandise generally.

Every retro Jordan is like $225 retail now, when they cost a fraction of that to make. It’s like $400 or more for those ugly Off White shoes or stuff with Travis Scott’s name on it.

Plus, re-sellers have been price gouging in Kobe merch for their own benefit since his passing.

And I’m supposed to get mad about Vanessa taking control of marketing the memory of her daughter and charging $300 for a set of sweats?

Nah.

Right? Did Vanessa ever say she was doing to this as part of a mission to clothe underprivileged kids? I don’t think so.

And the prices she’s charging really all that exorbitant, when you look at other celebrity driven products and collabs. Or just limited boutique type merchandise generally.

Every retro Jordan is like $225 retail now, when they cost a fraction of that to make. It’s like $400 or more for those ugly Off White shoes or stuff with Travis Scott’s name on it.

Plus, re-sellers have been price gouging in Kobe merch for their own benefit since his passing.

And I’m supposed to get mad about Vanessa taking control of marketing the memory of her daughter and charging $300 for a set of sweats?

Nah.
I agree with you. But also, completely aside from what’s right/wrong I wouldn’t be surprised if they bit off more than they can chew much like the Balls. People really underestimate how much of the Nike stuff is the athlete versus the fine tuned design and marketing engines.

I understand celebrities get things for free but just based on Kobe/Gigi these would sell on their own. Starting at $300 just increases resell which would have already been high.

She wanted the bag from Nike but went to get it on her own. Hopefully she gives her mother some like Kobe intended.

I still think that there is more money, more cultural reach and impact going with Nike just due to the size and scale of Nike's operation. Right now all Vanessa is doing is making screen printed hoodies. She doesn't have the marketing machine of Nike. Does she plan on having commercials or print campaigns? Also, no company has rivaled Nike when it comes to shoes.

I agree with you. But also, completely aside from what’s right/wrong I wouldn’t be surprised if they bit off more than they can chew much like the Balls. People really underestimate how much of the Nike stuff is the athlete versus the fine tuned design and marketing engines.

Definitely fair points. I’m just hoping that, based on what we know about how Kobe handled choosing business partners and the people he consulted with on business matters, Vanessa learned some things and has a team of qualified people helping her with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom