⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has already been posted, but this is such trash. I'm sure the NBA is real pleased about this. Their MVP and his team being trashed by media figures. Bad for the sport. For the record, that Andy guy is a douche, but he's right.

I do think it would be particularly tough to be a fan of a small market team. Media never talks about you, free agents don't want to play for your team and if you do happen to get lucky and get some good players, media members will spend years concocting ways to get them off of your team ("You don't want Zion spending his career in New Orleans, do you? We need to get him to LA or New York!")

If I were a Pacers fan or New Orleans fan, I would just throw my hands up and say what's the point?

He literally won finals MVP 8 months ago

True and there is still time left in this season.

But he’s made some mildly cringey public comments lately and, pending more information coming out, him not showing up to his team’s games in LA when they’re fighting for playoff positioning seems lame.

But maybe he has had really good reasons for not coming out to games 🤷‍♂️

Joe Harris should stop hesitating. He gets a tad shaky.

Also, regarding the game vs Mavs last night. Shamet aint score one damn point in a 4 point loss. He averages 10 for the season.
definitely hesitated on a wing 3 trying to make the extra pass.

I learned last night there’s someone on the Clippers - maybe two guys - who really likes to shout “aw hell nah!” at jump shooters :lol: Heard it clear as day a few times during the broadcast.

Going to need to listen for that next game. This gets me every time :lol:

I didn’t realize Philly basically locked up the 1 seed. That’s huge. They only have to play 1 of Milwaukee & Brooklyn.

From Brooklyn’s perspective, to win a title they have to go Boston/Miami, then Milwaukee, then Philly, then the West champ. That’s a gauntlet :lol: You’re looking at 6 games in the first round while Harden finds his rhythm

Will be very entertaining to watch
Bucks drawing Miami (2 v 7 or 3 v 6) and Brooklyn drawing Boston (2 v 7 or 3 v 6), makes the first round even more interesting. While Bucks and Brooklyn would both be the favorites, Miami and Boston could take em to 7 games very easily

If Boston dips into the playoff games, do they even make the final 8?

You betting on that bunch to win games against Charlotte and Washington right now?

I don’t expect much from the Celtics mainly because I see no reason to believe that all their guys will be healthy for the playoffs. Tatum and Brown are really good, but they need Kemba and Smart, as well as some combo of bigs, to also be available and playing well to do anything in the playoffs. They way their season has gone, seems unlikely.

And TT is TT.

I didn’t realize Philly basically locked up the 1 seed. That’s huge. They only have to play 1 of Milwaukee & Brooklyn.

From Brooklyn’s perspective, to win a title they have to go Boston/Miami, then Milwaukee, then Philly, then the West champ. That’s a gauntlet :lol: You’re looking at 6 games in the first round while Harden finds his rhythm

Will be very entertaining to watch

Those Brooklyn bums couldn’t hold down the fort without harden :smh:

This Celtics team looks as lost as the team two seasons ago.

Nah not even close. They straight up disliked each other 2 years ago and egos were taking over from top to bottom. Now they just can't keep dudes in the line up, hence the inconsistency. Compounded by injuries. Big difference. 18-19 was a chemistry issue.

NBACOVID-19

Nah not even close. They straight up disliked each other 2 years ago and egos were taking over from top to bottom. Now they just can't keep dudes in the line up, hence the inconsistency. Compounded by injuries. Big difference. 18-19 was a chemistry issue.

NBACOVID-19
You don’t think there’s an on court chemistry issue? I would disagree. Off court yeah they’re fine compared to 2 years ago. On court they look pretty disjointed even when healthy.

Lots of room to improve though. And still capable of making a run.

You don’t think there’s an on court chemistry issue?

Because of the continuity issues in their lineups due to COVID/injuries. It's hard to build chemistry on the court when you're not on the court.

I don't know about a run. I've had them as a 5 seed ECF appearance ceiling since preseason. They're still one of the youngest teams in the league. Not the most inexperienced, but age and maturity can correlate and translate to the court.

Because of the continuity issue in their lineups due to COVID/injuries. It's hard to build chemistry on the court when you're not on the court.
I guess so, but if the biggest gap offensively is how much time Kemba has missed I’m not sure that’s going to get better anytime soon.

Zero continuity. MAYBE will have the whole playoff rotation for the first time this season on Sunday against the Heat. Think they’d handle both the Knicks and Hawks with ease if actually healthy. Just hard to assume health after how this season has gone. Bucks would be much more difficult. Not impossible though.

I guess so, but if the biggest gap offensively is how much time Kemba has missed I’m not sure that’s going to get better anytime soon.

Not just Kemba. Tatum was messed up from COVID for a long time. Marcus tore his calf. TT was out for like 10+ games with COVID. Fournier came here and immediately missed around 7 games with COVID. Bob has been on and off the injury report all season. The list goes on. Tough to build any momentum with all that inconsistency IMO.

That being said, I don't have them beating MIL/PHI/BK. Never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom