⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because running a team is more than understanding numbers. Morey is a numbers wiz with a Stanford MBA. There’s a huge people component to this that HBob is obviously lacking in. E.g., coming up with rotations for a tenured Championship winning coach.

sure that's reasonable, you could be right about him...

im just saying people dismissing him like "lol gambler thinks he can be a gm"
to me its as good as any other nba backgrounds assuming you think he can manage people.

sure that's reasonable, you could be right about him...

im just saying people dismissing him like "lol gambler thinks he can be a gm"
to me its as good as any other nba backgrounds assuming you think he can manage people.
I’m really not going to dismiss him purely because he’s a gambler but his arrogance, ability to manage/work with others, learn from others, build a culture in the environment are probably bigger aspects of the job. Seems like the rest of the front office hated him but he had Cuban’s ear. Unlikely a guy like that will actually end up being a good GM, IMO. Even if he’s the smartest guy in the room. Knowing what you know and what you don’t know is huge. I loved hearing him on Simmons’ pods but he absolutely thought he knew everything better than everyone and that carried over to Dallas :lol:

With summer league on tap for August is there any ongoing list of notable players scheduled to partake? I'm assuming last years top rookies like LaMelo, Edwards and Haliburton likely won't but could see some of the other guys will to get some work in.

Not great, Bob.

No way Luka takes the QO to bypass RFA right?
Imagine if he and Zion take that route and leave $200 million on the table to bounce to “bigger” markets.

There would be another lockout in record time.

Last edited:
Imagine if he and Zion take that route and leave $200 million on the table to bounce to “bigger” markets.

There would be another lockout is record time.
Can't imagine so.

But Mark Cuban would be run outta town in a hurry. :lol: :lol:

There would be another lockout in record time.

But are they really leaving $200 million on the table?

Which one of you blog boys knows the math on how much they would theoretically lose if they went that route?

But are they really leaving $200 million on the table?

Which one of you blog boys knows the math on how much they would theoretically lose if they went that route?

Leaving money on the table is probably the wrong wording.
They will get max deals in free agency but they’ll have to wait an extra year.

These players (Zion and Luka) are so good, that they can take the QO, have a career altering injury, and still get the max contract in free agency from every team in the league.

They’d he bypassing life changing money by a year. Not sure how much money would be lost exactly.

Eventually a player will take that “gamble/risk”.
I wonder who’s going to be the first.

Leaving money on the table is probably the wrong wording.
They will get max deals in free agency but they’ll have to wait an extra year.

These players (Zion and Luka) are so good, that they can take the QO, have a career altering injury, and still get the max contract in free agency from every team in the league.

They’d he bypassing life changing money by a year. Not sure how much money would be lost exactly.

Eventually a player will take that “gamble/risk”.
I wonder who’s going to be the first.
For guys under 6 years of time, it's around $40-45M on the table for a max deal with your current team vs. leaving.

Luka qualifies for super max, which pushes it into a whole other threshold, obviously. Zion won't qualify there, so his might be easier to swallow if he just wants out of NO.

I mean let’s be honest,

David Griffin has probably done the least with the most out of any recent rebuild in nba history.
He got gifted Zion, young prospects and picks galore from both the lakers and the bucks.

This will be Zion’s 3rd year with his 3rd coach. He hasn’t made the playoffs yet. Ja and RJ (2nd and 3rd picks in the same draft) have both made the playoffs and both played significant minutes.

It would not surprise me at all if he’s the first superstar to pass on the max rookie extension, take the QO to bypass restricted Free Agency and hit the market before he turns 25. Only star player I can think of to hit free agency that young would be Shaq? Nobody has passed on the guaranteed 150-200 million dollar extension yet.

The Pelicans are in dangerous territory and I’m not sure how Griffin kept his job.

That deAndre Hunter trade was ******* terrible.

Imagine Zion at the 5 with BI and Hunter as the wings :smh: :pimp:
But he traded for Adams, gave him and extension without playing a minute and hired SVG to coach :lol:
I’d be planning my escape if I was Zion.

Zion's qualifying offer will be 17.5 Ms :lol:

If I don't wanna be somewhere...i definitely have no problems taking 17.5 Ms to get outta there quicker.

Post that joint
image.jpg

I mean let’s be honest,

David Griffin has probably done the least with the most out of any recent rebuild in nba history.
He got gifted Zion, young prospects and picks galore from both the lakers and the bucks.

This will be Zion’s 3rd year with his 3rd coach. He hasn’t made the playoffs yet. Ja and RJ (2nd and 3rd picks in the same draft) have both made the playoffs and both played significant minutes.

It would not surprise me at all if he’s the first superstar to pass on the max rookie extension, take the QO to bypass restricted Free Agency and hit the market before he turns 25. Only star player I can think of to hit free agency that young would be Shaq? Nobody has passed on the guaranteed 150-200 million dollar extension yet.

The Pelicans are in dangerous territory and I’m not sure how Griffin kept his job.

That deAndre Hunter trade was ****ing terrible.

Can’t see it with Zion being however much he weighs doing the stuff he does. I need all my money

It says swingman right on the tag. M&N Swingmans are stitched.
Ah I thought he meant the in the sense of how they were when we were younger with the Swingmans being the pressed on joints. I’m good with the swingman then :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom