⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
EsjFvP_UUAEYsEd

Link

I think over the next few years, we'll see the three being taken even more, like one of every three shots will be a three point attempt.
One of every three? That's too much IMO. Care to explain why?
It's just the direction I see the league moving in, with smarter and more complex defenses. Will need the three ball to help spread the floor and create lanes to get to the basket.
We hear about this all the time, but the volume of threes has yet to hit the wall in terms of efficiency so why would we not continue to push the envelope until the wall is hit.
Look at time.

Look at time.
Evolution of thought process. I love to see it. People would be better served opening their mind to things instead of digging their heels into pre-established opinions.

Fair enough, I was watching ESPN thus morning and they were actually talking about the Ray Allen record. The first that came to mind is "Steph is gonna break the easy" not only because he's a better shooter, but simply because it's not that many 3s. If Steph starts making deep runs into the playoffs that record is his.

Look at me though. SOME people didn't believe in the man. EYE always did.

Last edited:
I think it has to continue to move toward more 3s, no way around it. It’s a numbers game that you can be less efficient (to an extent) but end up with more points.

Let’s say you take 40 shots in a half,
make 35% of the 3s, it’s 42 points
You can shoot 50% from 2 on that same 40 shots, and only get 40 points.

Not an exact science obviously, and you can only be so effective unless you have guys who can collapse a defense in the paint for a kick out. but it creates this house advantage if you can shoot, as we’ve seen. A great 3 point shooting team is going to win, on average

And why most of the time teams that have too many guys that can’t shoot are at the bottom of the standings.

He is a flawed player that puts the ceiling on the team. Who cares about what the rest of it looks like.

this is every night on defense this season though, some more like most of yall just look at his scoring or FGA and call it a night

So what? Until he helps get the Sixers to the Finals or even conference finals, people are going to focus more on what he doesn’t do than what he does. That’s how it works.

That’s why I don’t bother highlighting the good things PG’s been doing this season. Not going to change minds about him unless he does it in the playoffs too.

So what? Until he helps get the Sixers to the Finals or even conference finals, people are going to focus more on what he doesn’t do than what he does. That’s how it works.

That’s why I don’t bother highlighting the good things PG’s been doing this season. Not going to change minds about him unless he does it in the playoffs too.

all good and im here to hype/defend ben up every chance i get

im here to remind yall every night a nba player like simmons has more impact on a game than just scoring, whether he be facilitating, defense or sitting around the post to allow embiid to knock down his signature jumper

i will continue doing it every time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom