⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
amer.jpg
Sidenote, Classic movie but this scene is so ridiculous to me
sabu.png

god i wanna see that mother****er beg
he didn't receive the proper repercussions when he stood up while the rest of his teamates took a knee
hopefully this one gets him out the paint for good. his **** will get canceled quick for messing with the wrong people

Pop stood up for the same reasons Meyers Leonard said he stood for...the military. But he got a pass for that cause he say some fly **** that some ****** like from time to time.

I'm sleep tho.

this might as well have been a heat masseuse streaming on twitch droppin flagrant words. Personally dont care what language people use . its about action and intent . This 24/7 cycle of news and outrage is outrageous

but i will also say i wouldnt mind if his career just ended

agreed though pop as hardheaded/stubborn as he is, also has had positive and loud words supporting civil rights and denouncing the ill treatment of people of color at the hands of police, our insititutions and the general racist *** public. he's no meyers leonard

this might as well have been a heat masseuse streaming on twitch droppin flagrant words. Personally dont care what language people use . its about action and intent . This 24/7 cycle of news and outrage is outrageous

but i will also say i wouldnt mind if his career just ended

i'd say his history of inaction while trying to push the fallacious reasoning of "i will not stand and have my fellow police, military people and american flag be insulted because they mean more to me than my fellow black teammates' lives" is the intent

you're wrong on this

let's see if the jewish community go after meyers leonard the same way they went after nick young...

Heres my thing. Not a defense of meyers leonard but more of a support of free speech. Hear me out .

noone on this board knows meyers leonard. Noone here has ever sat down with him or heard a conversation without a camera in front of him.

Could he be a bad dude ? yeah maybe. Could he have racist thoughts? Sure. So can the pakistani deli owner. Or the chinese food delivery guy. Or the hispanic mechanic. We are all free to personal belief- whatever they are. It is when these ideas form in a hateful / malicious manner that it becomes a problem.

him standing up during the anthem - and the reason he stated - was for his brother. He is free to do that. Agree with it ? Nah i dont think so. Maybe the statement they were trying to get across is bigger than himself and he should ponder( and according to reports, did agonize) his decision. But he has the right to do whatever he pleases. What means more to his life ? His brother or his teammates who wont pass him the ball? easy to say “ hey shut up and just do what everyone else is doing” . fact - he showed us his colors instead of hide .

so when i say that it might as well be a massage therapist , what i mean is that it SHOULDNT matter what one individual says or thinks. The battle for equality probably wont be won in a witchhunt for every individual who utters a derogatory term. i just think this current form of digesting every single thing a public figure does or says is toxic and frankly stupid lol

Heres my thing. Not a defense of meyers leonard but more of a support of free speech. Hear me out .

noone on this board knows meyers leonard. Noone here has ever sat down with him or heard a conversation without a camera in front of him.

Could he be a bad dude ? yeah maybe. Could he have racist thoughts? Sure. So can the pakistani deli owner. Or the chinese food delivery guy. Or the hispanic mechanic. We are all free to personal belief- whatever they are. It is when these ideas form in a hateful / malicious manner that it becomes a problem.

him standing up during the anthem - and the reason he stated - was for his brother. He is free to do that. Agree with it ? Nah i dont think so. Maybe the statement they were trying to get across is bigger than himself and he should ponder( and according to reports, did agonize) his decision. But he has the right to do whatever he pleases. What means more to his life ? His brother or his teammates who wont pass him the ball? easy to say “ hey shut up and just do what everyone else is doing” . fact - he showed us his colors instead of hide .

so when i say that it might as well be a massage therapist , what i mean is that it SHOULDNT matter what one individual says or thinks. The battle for equality probably wont be won in a witchhunt for every individual who utters a derogatory term. i just think this current form of digesting every single thing a public figure does or says is toxic and frankly stupid lol

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom