🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. St. Louis 4/26-4/28

I’m starting to think that maybe Pete himself wants to leave, hence why they haven’t extended him and why the team is trying to trade him away.
I dont think the Mets were trying to trade Pete but they were listening to offers for Pete. Big difference

Pete will replace David wright in a lot of offensive categories by the end of his career....if he stays a met which I hope he does

F5xODFXWgAAVV7Q

F5xODFVWEAA2GX8

F5xODFVWkAA4aBZ

Oh baby. #lgm

Love the Stearns news. I know the contract is for 5 years, don't know how much $ tho.

To say that this signing is huge would be an understatement.

Also his backstory of growing up in Manhattan being Omar minayas assistant and now coming back here to be the first ever president of baseball operations in Mets history is crazy.

Hearing what he said about Pete is encouraging. I think we'll sign Pete to an extension, just not sure if it's this winter or next.

^

Agreed

It's really dope to see both Mets owner and POBO who are born and bred New Yorkers. And they are also Mets fans

Stearns is around our ages so he knows how we feel about the team too well

David Stearns is the Godfather. He orchestrated the Brewers collapse. Everything is going according to plan, man.

Safe to say

No extension deal

Re-signing Alonso in the off-season won't be a problem. Nimmo and Diaz. The question is will Stearns support the idea of overpaying for a slugger who has mediocre WAR numbers?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Erik Chavez and Beltran still with the Mets organization ?

Yeah, I didn't see Eppler's resignation coming. MLB investigation showed up

I am not sure about Eric Chavez and Carlos Beltran. I think Beltran will still be with the organization. For Chavez, it depends on the new manager/Stearns's call

Back
Top Bottom