🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

I wonder if we will see more 3s since it seems we’re going to get apparel. Maybe we will finally get that black orange lava splatter 3!

It is crazy that they don't arrive for a while. I wonder if NIke is trying to guage interest with these pre orders. As far as them retroing the voltage purple III's again soon with the splatter I doubt it. Maybe they will be bringing in a new colorway. But that was the reason why I didn't buy those as it wasn't true to the og. The volts on the other hand are incredible.

Last edited:
Hope we'll be blessed with challenge court logo hats down the road.
images.jpeg
Yas.
14887284995_3f6d2d024c_z.jpg

14884850334_dfdc17fb68_z.jpg

Yea it really has, I'm glad that I was able to convert it to digital to preserve it. I'm looking to see if I have any video of the Nike booth back then. That's when Nike tennis was at it's peak.

I have SO MANY VHS tapes of Agassi's matches, it would blow some minds!! Tapes are at my folks place. Would convert them, but it would cost some serious money considering how many I have. Gonna have to look into it eventually.

Reactions: ARK
I have SO MANY VHS tapes of Agassi's matches, it would blow some minds!! Tapes are at my folks place. Would convert them, but it would cost some serious money considering how many I have. Gonna have to look into it eventually.

I think I have just about every one of his matches on tape that was televised lol. That might be an exaggeration but I have a ton of them. You can easily do it by purchasing a pvr. I am working on uploading some of mine.

Reactions: ARK
Longtime lurker, but just signed up today to tap into the vast knowledge of the Agassi experts here. I recently acquired a racquet signed by Agassi and sourced from Las Vegas from someone who was well connected in the community (including the Agassi Foundation). No other claims were made and the price was right. Upon receiving it, I have come to believe it might be match used and from Agassi's own stock based on the "AA" customization on the frame, the different strings in the mains/crosses, etc. Anyone had the opportunity to handle an Agassi racquet from this era? What should I be looking for? Thanks!

29512297_10160441775875529_5044509772082236022_n.jpg
29512350_10160441775870529_7825976983481393491_n.jpg
29541369_10160441775850529_1247824024733413013_n.jpg
29542840_10160441775910529_1409460797987975350_n.jpg

Welcome to NT, MartyCastillo MartyCastillo !

I've never handled Andre's racquets, but here are my 2 cents...

Interesting stick you have here! 4-stripe POG OS, which we know Andre has used in the past.
What I find the most interesting is the string job. Andre used a Kevlar hybrid back then, which could be what this is. I've not seen Kevlar string up-close so I don't know if these mains are Kevlar. He liked to use nat. gut in the crosses, but I can't say for sure if those crosses are gut. Having said that, anyone can get a hybrid string job. It wasn't exclusive to pros.

Autograph - His auto now looks different to that, but it's possible it was signed earlier in his career, so his auto might have evolved over the years.

As for if it's been match-played... I dunno. I don't know if Andre used AA stickers to mark his racquets in his early days.

Also... that grip looks like a 1/2... you guys think so?

Welcome to NT, MartyCastillo MartyCastillo !

I've never handled Andre's racquets, but here are my 2 cents...

Interesting stick you have here! 4-stripe POG OS, which we know Andre has used in the past.
What I find the most interesting is the string job. Andre used a Kevlar hybrid back then, which could be what this is. I've not seen Kevlar string up-close so I don't know if these mains are Kevlar. He liked to use nat. gut in the crosses, but I can't say for sure if those crosses are gut. Having said that, anyone can get a hybrid string job. It wasn't exclusive to pros.

Autograph - His auto now looks different to that, but it's possible it was signed earlier in his career, so his auto might have evolved over the years.

As for if it's been match-played... I dunno. I don't know if Andre used AA stickers to mark his racquets in his early days.

Also... that grip looks like a 1/2... you guys think so?

I appreciate the reply.

- Yes, I agree that anyone could do a hybrid string job, but it would fit his set up.

- Yes, this autograph is an every letter autograph, very different than his typical in person or through the mail. I found a bunch of exemplars that were similar, including some from members on this board that they have on ATC III's and IV's. I would be happy to post some of these pics up, but, again, I know these people are members here and they are not my photos to share.

- I took a couple more photos. I hadn't even thought of grip size, but, yes, this is a 4 1/2. Also, remnants of a 30 year old rubber band used for string dampening. The last photo was my attempt on zooming in on a high resolution photo--maybe I'm seeing things, but that sure looks like it could be an "AA" on the frame.

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2786.JPG

IMG_2788.JPG

Zoom on racquet.jpg

Last edited:
Andre did use the kevlar gut mix during his career. I remember reading from from someone saying that they strung his racquets early on that he had Prince Problend strings in both the Pog and Donnay at some point. He definitely used the kevlar gut mix a lot with Head. He also used the luxilon strings later on with Head. When he experimented with the Pog again a few years ago he used Solinco hyper g string (the fluorescent green). The autograph on that is definitely his updated signature for personal items which it seems he uses to differentiate it from the standard autograph. I was fortunate enough that Andre gave me one of his. Thanks for uploading the pics that’s great!

Last edited:
That's probably what it is then... ProBlend.
If you squint hard enough, the colors and texture looks right. :lol:
image_p_74726710_1.jpg

Can you upload some more pics? Great shirt. I hope they make the ball in volt, especially since they didn’t do the voltage purple pair justice without the splatter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom