🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Lol I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old. No way I'm about to start reading. I barely have time to read this forum as it is. Ha! :rofl:

Lol I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old. No way I'm about to start reading. I barely have time to read this forum as it is. Ha!
roll.gif
Lol... maybe you should start reading since you have a 3 month old - you'll probably be up!  I remember those days.  Great times ahead for you with both.  

Yeah I've been pretty lucky in that dept. The wife takes care of the little one since she eats a lot (boob). I take care of the 2 year old if/when he wakes at night.

eek.gif
Amazing stuff from Sampras...
Incidentally, despite that video, Andre won that final 7-5 6-4! 
laugh.gif

Same here. Got it the day it released in Costco & I read it in 2 days! I've never read a book that quick. Just couldn't put it down as I can remember what/where I was for ALOT of his matches and such. An amazing read!
One of the cool things about that book was that, after reading it, you could go back and rewatch some of the mentioned-matches and sorta know what was going on in his mind at that time... especially as it was written in the present tense.  

A lot of people didn't understand that at the time... thinking he was still feeling some of those emotions right now.  
I have the book but just haven't read it yet.
14612699789_2aa00f7ec0.jpg

Incidentally, despite that video, Andre won that final 7-5 6-4! 
laugh.gif

One of the cool things about that book was that, after reading it, you could go back and rewatch some of the mentioned-matches and sorta know what was going on in his mind at that time... especially as it was written in the present tense.  

A lot of people didn't understand that at the time... thinking he was still feeling some of those emotions right now.  

14612699789_2aa00f7ec0.jpg
Very true Sinner.  A great book, written so well for us.

Love the Andre pic!

Same here. Got it the day it released in Costco & I read it in 2 days! I've never read a book that quick. Just couldn't put it down as I can remember what/where I was for ALOT of his matches and such. An amazing read!

Yea I got it first day as and well and have one copy signed by Andre.

The suede is plush and the non-perf leather is nice and seems legit. The perforated section feels different and could be synthetic. Quality mesh as well. Here's some materials close ups.
The material quality actually looks pretty nice. I think the description on the listing is the same as they use on the regular Challenges so it says "synthetic leather", they didn't bother changing it probably.

I may scoop up a pair if they sit and go on sale.

Sweet lava vid :smokin

"I liked (the lava shoes) because it pissed a lot of people off.

Especially in the French Open I played, they actually discussed the possibility of doing what Wimbledon does and go to like all-whites because of me so I was thrilled that I got the debate going quite frankly.

These bring back a lot of great memories. One of my favorite shoes right here."

Completely agree, that's what I did too

Haven't even wore my pair yet from last year or two ago...Been waiting for a good time to wear them..

If they bring back the correct tongue fabric that was used in the 08 pair I'll buy another one. The 14 one was terrible. The tongue that leads to the toe box was all stuffy and too padded. It was almost like they didn't measure the length of the tongue properly.

Last edited:
Any chance with this re release Nike attempts to market it as a "remastered" with a $180 tag?

The fact that the lavas did not sell the first retro several years ago, then sold a little better the second time around ('14) but still had stores heavily discounting them, tells me something has to be up with yet another release this quickly.

Also, If anyone noticed, Eastbay recently was restocked with a FSR of 2014 lavas which sat....and they have all been pulled as of this week.

Last edited:
Any chance with this re release Nike attempts to market it as a "remastered" with a $180 tag?

The fact that the lavas did not sell the first retro several years ago, then sold a little better the second time around ('14) but still had stores heavily discounting them, tells me something has to be up with yet another release this quickly.

Also, If anyone noticed, Eastbay recently was restocked with a FSR of 2014 lavas which sat....and they have all been pulled as of this week.
:lol: no way Nike would do that they aren't dumb. The only reason why they sold so well in 2014 was because the first release was put out as a QS and all the association with the Nike yeezys. Idk how these will sell tho since the last retros can be had for so cheap. I don't see the point in bringing the shoe out again it just feels too soon imo

Back
Top Bottom