🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

After the iv's. What Agassi do you want to see retro'd next?
Lwp? Air zoom ablaze? Other ?

The 1's but not sure if they will ever release them and if they do they'll probably make it with a visible air unit unlike the og. The lwp/s and alarms would be nice.

After the iv's. What Agassi do you want to see retro'd next?
Lwp? Air zoom ablaze? Other ?
Me, personally...

16810878382_753edcfbb7_o.jpg

Despite how interesting and unique using the Zoom Pounce tooling was, I'm good with the OG GR's.  

18952008242_35c45c822a_o.jpg

There are Challenge Future C and Air Alarm samples out there...
nerd.gif

Yea this time the Air Assailant with the pe sole that Andre wore. And the Air Zoom Challenge would be nice as well. Basically just bring them all back.

Last edited:
LWP, Air Zoom Ablaze and Alarm. If they do Alarm though I hope the tongue isn't as huge. That turned me off to that shoe.

still got both versions of those shorts, this shirt, the black and white shirt and the black/bronze lwp! that was my playing gear in those days 
smokin.gif

plus the racket....that oversized head radical was awesome ^^

Last edited:
I had the warm up suit to. But sold the whole outfit. Was in rough shape
Wish they would release the polo

That's my favorite shirt ever but ruined mine a while back, and I still have the Tennis Sucks hat. I sold both my trashed LWPs a while ago and could definitely use new ones! LWPs were my second favorite behind the Futures. But very much looking forward to whatever other models release.

I'd love to have the LWP and Assailants retro'd.  Would also like a better/premium quality Hot Lava and Black/White Flare released true to the OG's.

And ALL the matching gear please!!

Yeah, that shirt and short combo was my favorite... Along with the black/bronze striped outfit he wore in the 95 Open. 

Yeah I remember the alarms fitting bigger to. Had the white green ones.
Also had the white button up shirt from that line. Was 100% cotton. Way to heavy when you sweated in it
Still have the mesh shorts though in white and black . Held up well. The white waist band is a little loose and color is more like ivory now

Yeah I remember the alarms fitting bigger to. Had the white green ones.
Also had the white button up shirt from that line. Was 100% cotton. Way to heavy when you sweated in it
Still have the mesh shorts though in white and black . Held up well. The white waist band is a little loose and color is more like ivory now

This thread is going AWESOME & now that we are talking about his other shoes (non Tech Challenge) AND his clothes that went with the shoes, I'll have to not keep quiet any more, get off my butt and post up all the polos & shorts & warmup jackets I still have. Some of the stuff I got, will bring memories back for ALOT us us!!

I'm at work now but I should be able to post it up within the next day or so. The shoes are all in my garage on the shelves and the clothes are hanging up in my closet. I still wear most of the polos when I need a collared shirt. You guys are gonna love the pics! :D

Last edited:
Yeah some shirts in the current fabrics would be really cool.
My fav t was the challenge court shirt that went with the atc 2 lava. Was just black with a rectangle box in middle with Nike in center and the words challenge court in hot lava and there was some volt I think as well. Had the matching shorts in hot lava. Couldn't pull that off now though. The shorts lol

so i got the new version of the hot lava atc2 in hand and they are indeed "better" in some details....i will try do compare them to the 2014 pair, both are size US11.5!

as you can see in this picture, the cut of the toebox is slimmer, the rest is just slimmer on this pic cause its still unworn, but toebox is def slimmer!

and with the insoles you can see the difference with the hot lava. its def brighter. the picture is taken with flash, so the colors are not really true.

the leather is better overall, but not THAT great. also you can see the hot lava difference. picture also taken with flash.

one big difference is the nylon material on the tongue. its much softer and thicker on the 2016 pair. also structured, but much nicer. picture with flash.

the leather cut on the 2016 pair is also much thicker compared to the 2014. did not take a picture to compare, just believe me ^^

the black nylon on the back is not as shiny as on the 2014 pair, which looks a lot better. the black leather seems to be a bit darker, quality is nearly the same. 

also as some already mentioned, the heel is not as bulky and does not stand out that much like on the 2014 pair. picture with flash.

2016 pair in the front, 2014 in the back. taken with flash.

2014 in front, 2016 in the back, without flash. 

FOR SIZING:

i went down a half size on all atc2 retros so far, but would stay TTS for the 2016 version, as the leather cut is much THICKER and the toebox is also noticable SLIMMER.

these will fit though, but its really snug. if you went down a half size before and they were already snug, you should def go TTS! 

^^^ best iteration is the grey eyelets.  an improvement in my opinion. ^^^
Yeah man I may cop them once they get on NDC. I was gonna wait till discount but I love these shoes too much! Bout to turn my 2014s into workout shoes for the gym or something

after wearing them around the house for the last hours, i can say they are more comfortable than the 2014. i think its because of the better structure and better built. also the padding and softness of the tongue plays a big role.

i dont know how limited nike will keep this batch, but if you like this shoe, you should not wait it out. its not perfect, but its the best retro of them so far, my humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom