🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

I had to Google that... 
laugh.gif

My interest dropped off after the Zoom Ablaze.

The Zoom Ablaze was an AMAZING shoe to play in. I beat both colors to death on the court. Shame you didn't give the Zoom Beyond a try. They were a great great shoe and loved seeing him win the French in them. The last shoe I had was the Zoom Court Implosion (he went to Adidas shortly after). I think they were the best combo of comfort & durablilty. Wish I didn't throw my black pair out once I put a hole in the toe area on the sole :frown:

Last edited:
Ah yes... the Zoom Beyond Plus!  Forgot to comment on those... played in them back then and thought it was a great shoe!  A proper mid-cut tennis shoe!  Underrated. 

"Hot Lime" Air Tech Challenge II, which they'll call "Volt" and Flyknit Air Tech Challenge II in three colours, which pay homage to "Hot Lava", "Orange Burst" and "Cube Court".

Surprising lack of ATC IV news and pics...

But 
eek.gif
 on that ATC II news... I need to see the Lava Flyknits! 

Ah yes... the Zoom Beyond Plus!  Forgot to comment on those... played in them back then and thought it was a great shoe!  A proper mid-cut tennis shoe!  Underrated. 

Hey Sinner, the Plus model was the one after the regular Zoom Beyond. The shoe Agassi wore at the French vs Medvedev were these (not my pair):

View media item 1898837
They also released in the all white

View media item 1898838
The Zoom Beyond Plus were these (my pair at home)

View media item 1898839
I much preferred the Zoom Beyond. The Plus didn't have that same "locked down" feel (at least to me). :smile:

Last edited:
"Hot Lime" Air Tech Challenge II, which they'll call "Volt" and Flyknit Air Tech Challenge II in three colours, which pay homage to "Hot Lava", "Orange Burst" and "Cube Court".

Holy crap!!! Awesome news!!! Can't wait to see pics of the flyknit versions.

Surprising lack of ATC IV news and pics...

But :wow:  on that ATC II news... I need to see the Lava Flyknits! 

I'll keep you posted on the IV. They've already been pushed back once...

LWP seems to be wanted, so I'll see what I can do.

From what I've seen about "Hot Lava" III (there are three different variations), they won't release. There is a "Midnight Blue" sample also, which 99.99999999999% won't release either.

White (Wimbledon), black and the two liquid pairs will drop before July though.

Yep... actually, your post reminded me of the Plus auction above, which was why I mentioned the Plus instead of the regular ones.  I never got to try the regular Beyond, so I can't make a comparison, but damn, the Plus was a great shoe.  

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see a Beyond or Beyond Plus retro.  Seemed like it was during a time when Nike Tennis started to lose mainstream interest.  Even Agassi's RG run at the time seemed a bit underwhelmed in terms of exposure... seemed like that to me anyway.  

24743922931_103a9d3c63_o.jpg

24469756599_6a7c642932_o.jpg

24743922731_498c104511_o.jpg

Hey Sinner, love the photos above!!! Brings me back to that match. I was on pins & needles watching it!! The regular Beyonds, felt like a track shoe to me. Was amazingly light, but had great stability for quick cuts (I had tendencies to roll my ankle hear and there) and the traction was fantastic! I miss that shoe!!!

Back
Top Bottom