🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

whats the diff between these and the 08s?

are these similar to the 08s and not a knock offs with the re release back in 2014?

i copped 08s and passed on the 2014s bc the swoosh wasnt on par.

is this a cop or a pass? 

thx 

The lava unlike the 14 is closer to the og. The lava print though is still shiny like the 14 where the 08 is matted like the og. Apparently, the tongue is a little more padded on the 16 and it doesn't have that protruding back in the heel that the 14 has. The 16 pair though has grey eyelets at the bottom of the shoe which obviously isn't true to the original and has more exaggerated pin holes on the sides of the shoe. I think it's worth buying as you never know when the next time Nike will release them again. At least it is more of a hot lava then the muted red color on the 14 pair. The 08 pair is still my favorite of the 3.

Last edited:
The lava unlike the 14 is closer to the og. The lava print though is still shiny like the 14 where the 08 is matted like the og. Apparently, the tongue is a little more padded on the 16 and it doesn't have that protruding back in the heel that the 14 has. The 16 pair though has grey eyelets at the bottom of the shoe which obviously isn't true to the original and has more exaggerated pin holes on the sides of the shoe. I think it's worth buying as you never know when the next time Nike will release them again. At least it is more of a hot lava then the muted red color on the 14 pair. The 08 pair is still my favorite of the 3.
thanks

Might have to get this 2016 version of the Lava's if they look more better than the 2014. My '14 lava's are still kinda dirty from drinking and blackin out that same year and waking up in some shelter lol...

Are these lavas a general release where we can expect them to hit the $60 price range like the last release did ?

749857-005 Silver Wimbledon 3 4/1/16
749957-701 Gold Rolland Garros 3 5/1/16

http://www.snkrbx.it/nike-tennis-ss-2016-wimbledon-roland-garros/
This is a repost, but here are the high-rez pics of these...

20171997146_5baa9552f8_o.jpg

24592533289_0872cdb200_o.jpg

Not really sure how silver and gold equates to Wimbledon and RG, but whatever.  

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not seeing the correlation either. At least we have dates now and what they were for instead of just the pics. Side note that website post was from 2015. Not sure how we didn't see that before. I saw the pics and item numbers on US11 this morning so wanted to share.

Last edited:
Probably have that backwards and silver should be for Roland Garros and gold for Wimbledon to correspond to the trophies. Would be my guess.

Despite the stature of Wimbledon, it would be unfair to call RG a 'silver' to Wimbledon's 'gold' IMO.  It just doesn't work that way.  

I don't think tennis fans ever treated the slams like that. 

Last edited:

Despite the stature of Wimbledon, it would be unfair to call RG a 'silver' to Wimbledon's 'gold' IMO.  It just doesn't work that way.  

I don't think tennis fans ever treated the slams like that. 
I think of tennis like golf; 

Wimbledon being the #1 slam to win if you didnt win any other and in golf to win the Masters would be the one to win. 

That said the gear that I posted does label them as @van-nostrand  stated 

Nike Court Wimbledon Tee 777875-010 & -100

My only point was that the Coupe des Mousquetaires is silver and the Wimbledon trophy is gold (apparently it's actually silver gilt, who knew!) so that was the only connection I was seeing to those two shoes.

I make no commentary about the stature of the slams.

^ Oh, I see what you meant.  

Then again, who knows how Nike comes up with these "slam" ideas... 

Back
Top Bottom