🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Hi Georgek!

I found what you need! And an extra discount! 
tongue.gif

http://www.tennispro.fr/catalog/t-shirt-nike-challenger-premier-nadal-monte-carlo-ete-2016.html

You're not wanting to pay $500 for the one that is listed? Not like Andre used the mold that was sold to the public on that one anyway.

That's interesting.  Given that his name's on the frame, it does look like his PE.

M58 - 58lbs in the mains?  Or just 58lbs all around?

Interesting Technisport sticker though.  Linked to Roman Prokes?

Can't comment on the buttcap cuz he's used the red rounded one too.

That grip and rubberband placement makes me cringe though. 
tongue.gif

Last edited:
That's interesting.  Given that his name's on the frame, it does look like his PE.
M58 - 58lbs in the mains?  Or just 58lbs all around?
Interesting Technisport sticker though.  Linked to Roman Prokes?

Can't comment on the buttcap cuz he's used the red rounded one too.

That grip and rubberband placement makes me cringe though. :tongue:  

Yea, I can't find any pics with him using that grip and only a few without the red cap. That's why I think it may have Nick's or someone in the camp. But that sticker is from a place that used to be close tommy house and they used to string rackets for the Hamlet cup and US Open

I've seen pics of him using the red rounded one as well as a red flat one, but that could have just been a sticker. 

I've seen pics of him using the red rounded one as well as a red flat one, but that could have just been a sticker. 

Probably early Proto type. Might have to check some 1990 U.S. Open footage and 1990 Hamlet cup if he even played in it

Probably early Proto type. Might have to check some 1990 U.S. Open footage and 1990 Hamlet cup if he even played in it
I don't remember him using a red rounded one, only a black or red flat one....

It seems that he first used a Prince POG ( flat cap) with the donnay paintjob and later the limited edition with the yellow/blue paintjob ( also flat cap). Maybe I'm wrong... 

Is this a technisport sticker... ?

But the choice of the grip is very strange!!! 

It seems that he first used a Prince POG ( flat cap) with the donnay paintjob and later the limited edition with the yellow/blue paintjob ( also flat cap). Maybe I'm wrong... 

View media item 2181429     View media item 2181431   View media item 2181433

View media item 2181442   View media item 2181444    View media item 2181446

Is this a technisport sticker... ?

View media item 2181468     View media item 2181469

Wowww those must be Tecnisport stickers, somebody probably used the racket after Andre was done with it and changed the grip.

i'm sure the red butt cap was just a sticker. The yellow and blue model that he used was eventually sold as retail in the orange and grey. He was so particular witb his racquets that I can't imagine he would want to use that cap that was so rounded.

Exactly.

Agassi didn't like the first version (with rounded cap) and first maked up his Prince.

Donnay send a staff ito the USA to create a new model close to the Prince....

The first version was meanwhile sold to the public but Agassi never played a major tournament with it.

The second version, the limited edition, was created and André first played with it in a yellow/blue paintjob.

Then, he used the same mold in the orange/grey color that was sold to the public as the limited edition...

Maybe I was mistaken and that he didn't use the rounded one then... I dunno.

But that Donnay POG was foolin' nobody... 
laugh.gif

And as for that grip, I'm guess the owner played with it before and just used a Wilson blue overgrip.  And it looks like he wrapped it lefty too.

SMH at him using head-guard tape to secure the grip!  
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Still fascinates me that despite only using Donnay for 3-4 years, we're still talking about it in-depth now.  

Last edited:
Maybe because Donnay was "the world's largest manifacturer of tennis rackets" in the late 70's and early 80's and then go bankrupt.

The contract with Agassi was supposed to save Donnay...

Maybe I was mistaken and that he didn't use the rounded one then... I dunno.

But that Donnay POG was foolin' nobody... :lol:

And as for that grip, I'm guess the owner played with it before and just used a Wilson blue overgrip.  And it looks like he wrapped it lefty too.
SMH at him using head-guard tape to secure the grip!  :smh:  :lol:  

Still fascinates me that despite only using Donnay for 3-4 years, we're still talking about it in-depth now.  

Excellent observation. it's the behind the scenes details that make the stories so interesting. Jordan wearing his UNC practice shorts underneath his Bulls uniform, Sampras' obsession with the St Vincent 6.0 and Zoom Oscillates,.....great stuff.

Back
Top Bottom