🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

That reproduction that was made was terrible but it gave hope that maybe they would retro shirts at some point. It was awesome that Blake honored Andre like that although he should have worn an outfit that Agassi wore at the US Open like the 1990 outfit. The lava bars on that shirt were way too big. I still can't believe they haven't retroed any shirts at this point.

Last edited:
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

ARK ARK It's not looking promising, haven't seen any other samples besides the salmons AND whatever happened to the stuff @J0e Musashi was hinting at? Remember right before Wimbledon I think when he uploaded 3 pics of what looked like X's with Agassi graphics on them. (Almost a Roman numeral hint at a 30 year anniversary of Agassi turning pro) XXX

Last edited:
ARK ARK It's not looking promising, haven't seen any other samples besides the salmons AND whatever happened to the stuff @J0e Musashi was hinting at? Remember right before Wimbledon I think when he uploaded 3 pics of what looked like X's with Agassi graphics on them. (Almost a Roman numeral hint at a 30 year anniversary of Agassi turning pro) XXX

Yep.

Last edited:
As I am lead to understand, StockX's (formerly Campless) pricing algorithm, they are heavily leveraging data from Ebay sales and Consignment shops.  Not true markers of "Market Value."  Ebay is essentially a consignment shop loaded with shill bidders.  Add in guys who list their shoes for mental amounts (i.e. $300 for 2013 Hot Lava ATC II's) and claim they actually "sell" them, aka people setting crazy "Asks" for shoes (on StockX).  Consignment shops charge a 10 - 20% vig so their prices are inflated.

I've always been of the mentality that sneaker values are so subjective that they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.  Someone who boasts a $2M dollar collection?  That assumes some person(s) will pay (collectively) $2M for the lot; it's a highly subjective $2M value.  Another example, a pair to 1991 ATC IV's in my size and Deadstock, are probably worth a $25 Starbucks gift card and a can of SPAM to a non-enthusiast Millennial.  For me, I grew up playing tourneys and taking lessons in them so they are worth way more to me and so I paid a hefty premium when I found my pair; in the UK nonetheless (I'm in SF).  Sneaker Collecting is all in the emotion and connection to the shoe, something that has been lost in the currenty "Sneaker Game." 

#EndRant

@ARK27It's not looking promising, haven't seen any other samples besides the salmons AND whatever happened to the stuff @J0e Musashi was hinting at? Remember right before Wimbledon I think when he uploaded 3 pics of what looked like X's with Agassi graphics on them. (Almost a Roman numeral hint at a 30 year anniversary of Agassi turning pro) XXX
Golden Bagels aka "Salmons" ATCIV are set to drop in Dec. first week or so. 

I know theres a Women ATC17 ( label ATC XVII) set to drop in April, Im pretty sure there will be a men version of it as well. 

But if it looks anything like the wmn ver .... lets just say money saved 
roll.gif

As I am lead to understand, StockX's (formerly Campless) pricing algorithm, they are heavily leveraging data from Ebay sales and Consignment shops.  Not true markers of "Market Value."  Ebay is essentially a consignment shop loaded with shill bidders.  Add in guys who list their shoes for mental amounts (i.e. $300 for 2013 Hot Lava ATC II's) and claim they actually "sell" them, aka people setting crazy "Asks" for shoes (on StockX).  Consignment shops charge a 10 - 20% vig so their prices are inflated.

I've always been of the mentality that sneaker values are so subjective that they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.  Someone who boasts a $2M dollar collection?  That assumes some person(s) will pay (collectively) $2M for the lot; it's a highly subjective $2M value.  Another example, a pair to 1991 ATC IV's in my size and Deadstock, are probably worth a $25 Starbucks gift card and a can of SPAM to a non-enthusiast Millennial.  For me, I grew up playing tourneys and taking lessons in them so they are worth way more to me and so I paid a hefty premium when I found my pair; in the UK nonetheless (I'm in SF).  Sneaker Collecting is all in the emotion and connection to the shoe, something that has been lost in the currenty "Sneaker Game." 

#EndRant

I decided to unDS these guys. Very comfortable right out of the box. Brought back many memories. Had a guy complement the kicks at the local coffee shop. Felt weird LOL! It's "sport your jersey day" today at the office. Go Hawks
Go Hawks! 
7ca361cf1f9b9d3284c86f16c659547764f42a6c.gif
(that's the closest emoji I could find)
I know theres a Women ATC17 ( label ATC XVII) set to drop in April, Im pretty sure there will be a men version of it as well. 

But if it looks anything like the wmn ver .... lets just say money saved 
roll.gif
Welp.

Back
Top Bottom