🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

In terms of Nike just coming up with a theme they executed it almost perfectly. From an Agassi shoe standpoint it made very little sense to make them but I'm happy them and that might not be the majority vote. But definitely one of the shoes I get the most compliments for.
yeah i see what youre saying.  i was coming from iconic retro agassi perspective.  im also biased.  i rarely dig in your face concepts.  ie. holidays or super obvious themes. 

Yea in terms of iconic shoes I'm annoyed they didn't make the voltage purples with the proper material by the collar or making the Air Flares with better leather quality.

I like the color locking/design of the Alarm but that tongue was too big for me. I'm hoping it will be smaller on the retro. Knowing Nike lately there is a good chance it will be.

Was never a fan of these. Now the way ups scottie was wearing..

Last edited:
talking about the xmas atc3?  if so, lets agree to disagree.  outlet couldnt give those things away.  i had a pair in hand for 19.99 and still put it back.  if you talking quality of materials, sure, i can get with that but overall, pretty terrible concept and layout imo.  heads get gassed up over overly conceptualized creations.  less is more most times and this atc has 14 year old dunk sb hype designer choices all over it. 

Sure concept wise why do a Christmas Agassi shoe?

I don't know but I'm glad they did and happy they picked the 3. As for execution, I think they did a great job! The ugly sweater vibes, candy cane eyelets and laces, star print midsole, and the snowflake where the flaming ball goes is just too perfect.

Last edited:
On that note, why do any Christmas shoe? But they did and they really are nice.

And as far as "over conceptualization" for a special release, I agree subtle is often better. But for holidays, Christmas in particular, it's hard to avoid since that's what the aesthetic of the holiday is all about. If they could have put Christmas lights on it it prolly would have been that much doper.

On that note, why do any Christmas shoe? But they did and they really are nice.

And as far as "over conceptualization" for a special release, I agree subtle is often better. But for holidays, Christmas in particular, it's hard to avoid since that's what the aesthetic of the holiday is all about. If they could have put Christmas lights on it it prolly would have been that much doper.

Lol @ "Christmas Lights", you're probably right. With Some themes over the top works well. Especially with the most wonderful time of the year

Hey guys, what was the other pair of Christmas Ugly Sweater tennis shoes that came out? It was a classic looking shoe I believe.

Hey guys, what was the other pair of Christmas Ugly Sweater tennis shoes that came out? It was a classic looking shoe I believe.

Tennis Classic, I think. And I love the ATC3. I get more complements on those than almost any other pair I own.

Peace,
J

Quote:
I know I'm realllly late but any place to get a size 10 or 9.5 in air tech challenge iv og?
http://www.shoezgallery.com/fr/p5540-air-tech-challenge-iv-nike-qs-tz-sp-844606-015

http://distance.pl/nike-air-tech-challenge-iv-844606-015.html

http://www.ishoes.fr/Nike/Air-Tech-Challenge-4/844606-015/

http://www.footish.se/sneakers/nike/herr/nike-air-tech-challenge-iv-844606-015

here you go, size US10 is EU 44 and size US9.5 is EU 43 and btw all the websites are legit

since nobody wants to help you out and i am still in a positive Christmas spirit i reached out a helping hand to you
wink.gif

Last edited:
kiwi is the colorway i had as a little kid, so when i heard they were going to retro in 2000, i was very excited. then i found out they were low instead of 3/4 and my heart sunk. didn't end up buying them until they dropped to $29.99 on eastbay.

if they ever retro again, i hope they are 3/4. kiwi is the only atc4 i want. i like the other colorways, but there's no nostalgia. kiwi is what i wore in elementary school and i'm just not interested in any other atc4.

any word on a possible kiwi retro in the future?

Reactions: ARK
kiwi is the colorway i had as a little kid, so when i heard they were going to retro in 2000, i was very excited. then i found out they were low instead of 3/4 and my heart sunk. didn't end up buying them until they dropped to $29.99 on eastbay.

if they ever retro again, i hope they are 3/4. kiwi is the only atc4 i want. i like the other colorways, but there's no nostalgia. kiwi is what i wore in elementary school and i'm just not interested in any other atc4.

any word on a possible kiwi retro in the future?
Nostalgia and personal connection to a sneaker is one of the biggest characteristics that has been lost in today's "Sneaker Game."  People just try to validate themselves with a quick IG snap of them wearing the latest "Space Jams" and then sell them because they served their purpose.  I'm glad you stick to your guns about the Kiwi because of the sentimentality the shoe holds.  And $29.99 is a STEAL.  Like I mentioned, no one even cared about these back in 2000, just like no one cared about the first AJ XI Space Jam Retro and Olympic AJ VI~!!!

I played Jr. thru Varsity Tennis from 89 - 95 and played in all the ATCs.  I even remember when Jim Con did his miraculous comeback in the ATC IV Kiwi lows. I hold that same level of sentimentality for this sneaker series.

I hope Nike wises up and does the OG colorway retros.

Dru -

Generally, I don't have much interest in retro sneakers and don't own any retros at the moment. But I did buy that kiwi ATC4 retro and I have bought foamposite retros in the past of stuff I had as a kid. Only reason I don't have the kiwi retro anymore is because I played tennis in them for years and they eventually fell apart.

I'm 33 and have trouble relating to current sneaker culture, but every generation is different and people should do whatever makes them happy.

Yeah, when the kiwi retro dropped to $29.99 on eastbay, I couldn't resist. As much as I hated how unfaithful the retro was, messing with the colors and the cut of the shoe, at that price, I caved.

Never played in the ATC I or II. Was too young. Started with the III (I was 7 years old). Then the IV, then the huarache. After that, I switched to the Air supreme Court because my coach was friends with Courier and able to get me some free gear.

Here's a pic of me in the Supreme Court after winning a tournament in Miami:

View media item 2279822
Any pics of your playing days rocking the ATCs?

@Mister Saint Laurent  Cool that you have some photos rockin the SC's.  I don't have any photos from Jr. Tennis, probably just my yearbook from Varsity, but that's back in Hawaii.

Today's "Sneaker Culture" is force fed and hype driven by blogs and whatever is on the feet of whoever the cool rapper is at the moment.  There's no sentimentality toward OG and Retro because most current consumers weren't old enough to know or watch Jordan, Agassi, Bo, etc.  Many of the guys on this thread are late-30's plus (myself included) so we "lived" it.  That's what I find unique with this thread, is what I'm getting at.

Pretty spot-on regarding today's "culture", Dru... and it's a damn shame.  The "sneakerheads" are ok with it, the blogs are ok with it and the companies are ok with it... which is unfortunate for us.  Welp.

One of my biggest objections to modern sneaker culture is the lack of focus on athletic performance and such an incredible focus on what is "cool" or "rare."

Don't get me wrong, Nike did a brilliant job marketing Agassi, but I tried a lot of shoes as a kid and I wore ATC because I liked how they performed on the court (especially the huarache challenge).

Nowadays, Nike has so little incentive to focus on athletic performance when an entire generation is just playing video games and want "rare" sneakers for "casual" wear.

Funny that you mention Jordan, Agassi and Bo . . . I refused to wear Jordans as a little kid because kid sizes for Jordans back then didn't have air. But the Agassi and Bo lines were the real deal, even in kid sizes.

I agree with everything y'all are saying. But at the same time I don't think the 'tech challenge renaissance' would have started without the hype and blogs and, yes, kanye. Now that we're in it - old heads and agassi fans are sustaining it, but it's only a matter of time before nike starts to look elsewhere.

So while I am with y'all from a personal level, I gotta say thanks to the hypebeasts for the jumpstart.

Back
Top Bottom