🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

I believe there is going to be a retro 3/4 of the kiwi color way however the timing is unknown.

Last edited:
abra -

that's a great point. without the hype beasts, some of this stuff might not be coming out. then again, without the purists raising a stink, the 2015 retros may not have fixed a lot of the problems the '06 retros had.

dru -

hahahah ya . . . sky jordan . . . i avoided like the plague. i didn't get into jordans until i was old enough for the real thing. kind of weird though that the kids agassis were legit, but the kids jordans were neutered.

ark -

that is great news. thanks for letting me know. hopefully if it does come out, there will be a US release.

ark -

damn, that sucks. never bought a shoe from overseas before but i guess i'll have to figure out how if the kiwi 4 ends up being overseas exclusive.

all you have have been so helpful that i hope you don't mind one more question. i remember having the purple atc3 & kiwi atc4 very well as a kid, but i'm a little hazier on the huarache colorways. pretty sure i had a white pair with some sort of green. when i would play on green clay courts, the color of the clay was very close to the color of the designs on the shoe. as far as i can tell, this pair has never retroed? am i correct?

any plans for a white/green huarache challenge retro?

thanks again for all the help fellas.

Alarms  
nerd.gif

or false alarms 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
The kiwi lows definitely did not sell well and sat at outlets for around $40. That would not likely be the case when they retro them in the 3/4. I would rather the marinas retro first but that's unlikely. But the Space Jams and any Olympic Jordan were always sought after. Obviously the hype of the 2009 Space Jams was a big turning point in the sneaker game where people who were never interested in shoes started to buy to either wear or sell. I know that there have been articles that believe the 2009 Space Jam was what helped elevate sneaker hype. It was great that Nike made a ton of the 2016 Space Jams this time. I'm happy tat the majority of the Agassi shoes are usually easily accessible with the exception of the grand slams and now the IV's which is ridiculous that they haven't sold the retros in the U.S. yet. Nike was doing such a great job releasing the II's at such a rapid pace that I was hoping the same would be done woth the III's and IV's and gear. I don't understand why the took a break from the releases other than maybe they think it will build hype back up again.

Last edited:
Yeah they were really timid with the atc3 honestly. Outside of the 2 OG color ways we only got a handful of new color ways and only the white/volt was the standout to me. The other 5 were somewhat polarizing. The OG volt color way was a US exclusive too - it never hit euro stores. (Not sure about the purple pair)

volt
white/volt
purple
black denim
wheat
Christmas
Wimbledon
French Open

3s we didn't get..
all white Wimbledon PE
all black
all black with white sole and grey translucent bottom
black denim with volt
orange splatter
volt splatter
solid navy
any others?

Last edited:
The volt III is the standard thst Nike should look to for all retros. We waited so long for a proper retro and got it with that pair bit not with the voltage purple.

Last edited:
Volt 3 is great in terms of accuracy but the non colored edges really bothered/bothers me:

edit-you may have to click on the picture to see what I mean, the edges shouldn't be tan or whatever, they should be neon/volt.   This was colored purple on the purples:

Last edited:
The cardboard like edges can be seen from the back of the shoe better but other than that and the slight color variation from the air unit to the rest of the shoe it's pretty on point. I was annoyed they didn't color it as well though. The bigger issue you should have is that there is no speckled print on the voltage purple.

Last edited:
My biggest bone to pick with the VoltPurp 3's is the ankle collar splatter. Is that what you're talking about as well kb24strikesagain kb24strikesagain ?

mister saint laurent mister saint laurent The Challenge Huas had several colorways:

(Not official color names)
White/Teal-Black
White/Green-Blue
White/Grey-Blue
White/Yellow-Black
Black/Graphite (LE)

The "Air Tech Challenge Huarache" (Hybrid) they released a few years ago (Hua upper and color scheme with ATC III/IV midsole and outsole) is an abomination (IMO) similar to the 2006 ATC 3 retros.

Yea the speckled black and white print on the collar was missing on the voltage purple. The Huarache retro wasn't done well either as the design on the heel counter was different from the original. The only thing about those that some might have liked was that it used the atc III midsole that Mcenroe as a pe had but Agassi never wore it that way so I preferred it to be true to the original.

View media item 2280743
View media item 2280744

Last edited:
dru -

ya the lack of ankle splatter on the purple 3 is really annoying. i thought for sure after buying the butchered 2006 retro that if they ever did the purple 3 again, they'd do it right. nope. very irritating.

as much as i love the purple 3, both times it has retroed i've waited for clearance prices because the retros weren't faithful. think i paid $50 for the '06 and $75 for the '15. maybe third time will be the charm and they'll finally get it right next time. but at least '15 was a huge improvement over '06.

KB -

what is the name of the colorway agassi and mcenroe are wearing in the pics you posted? that is the color of the huarache i had in 4th grade. has that ever retroed?

Yeah they were really timid with the atc3 honestly. Outside of the 2 OG color ways we only got a handful of new color ways and only the white/volt was the standout to me. The other 5 were somewhat polarizing. The OG volt color way was a US exclusive too - it never hit euro stores. (Not sure about the purple pair)

volt
white/volt
purple
black denim
wheat
Christmas
Wimbledon
French Open

3s we didn't get..
all white Wimbledon PE
all black
all black with white sole and grey translucent bottom
black denim with volt
orange splatter
volt splatter
solid navy
any others?
Whoa whoa whoa... Solid Navy?  Volt Splatter?  Man... @DenDecs

This is the best I can help (GR only)...

I believe there is going to be a retro 3/4 of the kiwi color way however the timing is unknown.
I'm just going to come out and say it: Please retro the Ginger (Not Ginger) next.

Love the black toe box IV's!!!
Yea the speckled black and white print on the collar was missing on the voltage purple. The Huarache retro wasn't done well either as the design on the heel counter was different from the original. The only thing about those that some might have liked was that it used the atc III midsole that Mcenroe as a pe had but Agassi never wore it that way so I preferred it to be true to the original.
My goodness, those outfit colors are terrible.  If it wasn't for the White/Grey-Blue and Graphite LE colorways, I wouldn't have touched the Huas in '92.

i was only 5 when the ATC1 came out, so i'd love a little education from those a bit older than i. how popular was the ATC1? was it originally marketed as an agassi signature sneaker, or was he one of many players wearing it?

i remember the pink ATC2 very well (although i never had them), but have no recollection of the ATC1. so i guess i wasn't watching agassi until '89. any interesting info about the ATC1 would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom